28 replies to this topic

kjp960
    kjp960

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Minecraft: kjSmitten

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

I recently played a map, which most of you probably know, called "Herobrine's Mansion" by Hypixel. And some of the mobs drop custom drops like music discs. I know how to make geared mobs with armor and a weapon or whatever in mcedit, but I would like to know how to add more drops to a mob other than what they're wearing.

Register or log in to remove.

dbptwg
    dbptwg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

To do this you need to make a geared mob in MCEdit, but make one of the pieces of gear the item you want to drop, and change the drop rate to 100%. If it's an item that can't be equipped, or a non-block in the head slot, it will not render. Anything will render if put in the "held" slot. Assuming you're using Seth's CreateGearedMobs filter, a solution is:

Put the item in the chest/legs/feet slot of the chest, go into MCEdit and open up the filter, change the drop rate for that slot to 100%.

If you're not using that filter, you can get it here: link

Edit: That being said, it's impossible without mods to have the mob drop a specific item while still being able to give it 4 pieces of gear and a weapon.

WizzyTiger
  • Minecraft: wizzytiger

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postdbptwg, on 12 November 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

To do this you need to make a geared mob in MCEdit, but make one of the pieces of gear the item you want to drop, and change the drop rate to 100%. If it's an item that can't be equipped, or a non-block in the head slot, it will not render. Anything will render if put in the "held" slot. Assuming you're using Seth's CreateGearedMobs filter, a solution is:

Put the item in the chest/legs/feet slot of the chest, go into MCEdit and open up the filter, change the drop rate for that slot to 100%.

Edit: That being said, it's impossible without mods to have the mob drop a specific item while still being able to give it 4 pieces of gear and a weapon.

But how does one go about changing said drop rate to 100%?

I know how to do all that you had mentioned except for that...
although it's possibly staring me right in the face -.- sneaky MCedit...

kjp960
    kjp960

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postdbptwg, on 12 November 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

Well do you know what mod to use to make mobs have drops other than what they have equipped?

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4183 posts
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

What I'd like to know is how they keep these mobs from despawning. I'm updating one of my maps to include custom mobs, but how to keep said mobs from despawning has been my issue.

Make mob, set it where I want, check it in game. Go to another part of map to edit, come back, mobs gone. >.>

Posted Image

kjp960
    kjp960

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostTaiine, on 14 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

What I'd like to know is how they keep these mobs from despawning. I'm updating one of my maps to include custom mobs, but how to keep said mobs from despawning has been my issue.

Make mob, set it where I want, check it in game. Go to another part of map to edit, come back, mobs gone. >.>

You could make a spawner of the mob in mcedit.

dbptwg
    dbptwg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

It's right in my post :S

You run the "create geared mobs filter" to create the mob from the chest. On the filter, before you press the "filter" button you change the values of the "Held Drop % ___" "Foot Drop % ___"  etc fields. Again, if you're not using that filter, you can get it from the link I provided.

Posted Image

View PostTaiine, on 14 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

That is achieved by using the Persistence Mobs filter. You can find it here.

WizzyTiger
  • Minecraft: wizzytiger

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postdbptwg, on 15 November 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

You run the "create geared mobs filter" to create the mob from the chest. On the filter, before you press the "filter" button you change the values of the "Held Drop % ___" "Foot Drop % ___"  etc fields. Again, if you're not using that filter, you can get it from the link I provided.

Ugh i feel stupid now >.< i downloaded seth blings create geared mobs filter when the video first come out a while back, i must of had an outdated version... i cant believe i didnt think of checking for a update! Thank you soooo much! =D you have made my weeks worth of searching come to a succsessfull end!

May the heavens rain down radiant jewels and sweet meats apon you =3

dbptwg
    dbptwg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

My pleasure. Good luck in your map making adventures :)

taigha
    taigha

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

I'm rather late to the party, but I can not get this to work. I am not new to MCedit, and know what I am doing, but for some reason the mobs don't drop the items I've set them to. For Example:  I set one value to 100% and the specified item still didn't drop. I've downloaded the new version of the filter from seth's website, yet I'm still encountering this problem.

Got2Survive
  • Minecraft: Got2Survive

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View Postdbptwg, on 15 November 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

That is achieved by using the Persistence Mobs filter. You can find it here.
You, dear sir, are a genius.
"Map making isn't about painting a canvas, it's more like creating a giant block and carving a statue out of it."
Posted Image

dbptwg
    dbptwg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

View Posttaigha, on 19 November 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

I'm rather late to the party, but I can not get this to work. I am not new to MCedit, and know what I am doing, but for some reason the mobs don't drop the items I've set them to. For Example:  I set one value to 100% and the specified item still didn't drop. I've downloaded the new version of the filter from seth's website, yet I'm still encountering this problem.

Could you tell me exactly what item, enchanted/modified if it is, what slot and what mob type?

taigha
    taigha

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

View Postdbptwg, on 19 November 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

Could you tell me exactly what item, enchanted/modified if it is, what slot and what mob type?

I just made a zombie holding an enchanted iron sword, nothing else. I set the "hold drop" to 100%. I ran the filter, then killed him in game, and he didn't drop the item. I've had this filter since seth came out with it in August, and I only updated it a couple of weeks ago (To the version where you can set drop values). I haven't had any use for custom drops until now so I didn't try it until a couple of days ago. Like I said above, I downloaded another new version to see if it worked.

View PostGot2Survive, on 19 November 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

You, dear sir, are a genius.

I know exactly what to do! It's just that the filter isn't running correctly for me. I have known about this feature of setting custom drops for a while, and it's never worked.

dbptwg
    dbptwg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

View Posttaigha, on 21 November 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

I just made a zombie holding an enchanted iron sword, nothing else. I set the "hold drop" to 100%. I ran the filter, then killed him in game, and he didn't drop the item. I've had this filter since seth came out with it in August, and I only updated it a couple of weeks ago (To the version where you can set drop values). I haven't had any use for custom drops until now so I didn't try it until a couple of days ago. Like I said above, I downloaded another new version to see if it worked.

Following your steps exactly I was able to produce a zombie that dropped the sword 100% of the time. Make sure that you are using the newest version of the script and the newest version of MCEdit.

Edit: Having an old version of minecraft could cause this obviously, but I assume that's not the case. Also here is a schematic for a zombie holding an enchanted iron sword with a 100% drop rate, if that helps you troubleshoot the issue. If you're completely unable to resolve the issue I can create a schematic for whatever custom mob you're needing and upload it, if you'd like. Good luck.

Glampkoo
  • Minecraft: Daniel_Mestre

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Can anyone say me WHERE is the "Held slot"?
"You are either a coward to live long enough or a hero that dies to succeed."

dbptwg
    dbptwg

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostGlampkoo, on 26 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Can anyone say me WHERE is the "Held slot"?

When you go to make the mob with the CreateGearedMobs filter the "held" slot is the first one. You create a chest and inside the chest you place the items you want on the mob in this order: held, feet, legs, chest, head. Then you run the filter and it makes the mobs with the items in those places.

Edit: That's top row, left to right, in the chest.

Brownhair2
  • Minecraft: Brownhair2

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Wither dropped music disc and wither diesn't have gear. I win.
I hate the new signatures. I can't even add a creeper to show my anger.

jaq1401
    jaq1401

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

The "Held slot" isn't showing for me. I am using newest filter and MCedit, but am not seeing that slot. HELP

callahan17

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

when i use the filter it doesn't give me a choice to change the drop%

Ben_Fett
  • Minecraft: Ben_Fett
  • Xbox:smabham

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Also guys, theres this tool: http://www.minecraft...fixer-and-more/ its more difficult to get the hang of at first, but its WAY more in depth,with spawn range, max and minimum amount of mobs, delay, percentage of drops, ect, check it out!

View Postcallahan17, on 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

when i use the filter it doesn't give me a choice to change the drop%

Update to the new version of the filter