12 replies to this topic

Redzos
    Redzos

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Minecraft: Redzos

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

I reaalllyy want to play Herobrine's Mansion but whenever I do it the normal way to install maps, it doesn't work! Can someone please tell me how to install it on a Mac OSX Lion? What I always do with custom maps is plonk the folder in my "saves" file in "minecraft" in "application support" which is in "library". But for some reason this doesn't work? has Jeb changed the way to install custom maps on 1.4.2? (And yes, I have 1.4.2) I've seen awesome videos of Herobrine's Mansion but can't play it, I need help :(

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Redzos
    Redzos

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Minecraft: Redzos

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Seriously? No one is even going to bother to help me???

Posted Image

aminecraftguy00
  • Minecraft: aminecraftguy00

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

The reason why no one is helping you is because you're supposed to post this sort of stuff in the support section. People always ignore support topics posted in the wrong forums. I don't know anything about your problem since I don't use a mac, but someone in the support section will help you.
To all of you people who think Notch is still working on the game, he stopped working on Minecraft in late 2011. Get your facts straight and stop spamming his twitter about Minecraft updates.

Krontical
  • Minecraft: Crontic
  • Xbox:Crontic

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postaminecraftguy00, on 11 November 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

The reason why no one is helping you is because you're supposed to post this sort of stuff in the support section. People always ignore support topics posted in the wrong forums. I don't know anything about your problem since I don't use a mac, but someone in the support section will help you.

Well, this shouldn't go into the support section. Its in the right spot

Anyways, what you do is you open up your windows bar at the bottom left of your screen. Hit "Run" and type "%appdata%" without the quotes. Then, you double click .minecraft, and double click saves. Then you drag Herobrines Mansion into there

Hope I helped

nostalgicleaf

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostKrontical, on 11 November 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Anyways, what you do is you open up your windows bar at the bottom left of your screen. Hit "Run" and type "%appdata%" without the quotes. Then, you double click .minecraft, and double click saves. Then you drag Herobrines Mansion into there

Hope I helped

Technically it could go in either section. And you clearly didn't read the thread very well as your instructions are relevant only to someone running some version of Windows.

Redzos: Make sure the map isn't in some kind of archive (.zip, .rar, etc..) and please be more descriptive than "it doesn't work". We can't see what you see and "it doesn't work" can mean many things.

View Postpunchin, on 10 July 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.
Posted Image

gh31228
    gh31228

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

i have the same problem except it says redownload in normal plz help
Posted Image

gh31228
    gh31228

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

I fixed it u have to drag the folder " Herobrines Mansion By .... " and place it into your saves file which is in %appdata%, then .minecraft, then saves hope i helped too.
Posted Image

Fangride
    Fangride

Meowderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3992 posts
  • Minecraft: Maridiem

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'll move this over to Support for you, since everyone here is giving instructions for Windows systems. Apologies :P
Posted Image

Mr_Iron2

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostKrontical, on 11 November 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Hope I helped

...It's mac, you n00b

ThemsAllTook
  • Minecraft: ThemsAllTook

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

You're putting it in the right folder, but presumably you've put the top-level directory from unpacking the zip there, rather than the subdirectory named "Herobrine's Mansion by Hypixel", with data, DIM-1, level.dat, etc. inside it. Move that directory out of the one named "Herobrines Mansion by Hypixel V3" and it should work.

EzioOfHell

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I have the exaxt same problems it does nothing when i put it in the saves folder

Infernite
  • Minecraft: Torperion

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

I have the same problem. Even with the new 'Wrath of the Fallen' map, when I put it in the saves folder, it does nothing. I could use some help. :P

EthanGrievous
  • Minecraft: EthanGrievous

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I was having this problem as well. What you want to do is open up the folder for the map and then delete the file that says "Important server info" or something like that. Once you do that you have to drag the remaining folder out and delete the original folder which I believe is titled "Herobrine's Mansion 1" Once you do that, you should have one folder titled "Herobrine's Mansion by Hypixel". Drag the Herobrine's Mansion by Hypixel folder into your saves folder and it should work. Hope I helped :)