• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

FIX XBOX 360 MINECRAFT!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

magimangr

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

The connection is only a part of the problem. Loading can also cause an issue. Minecraft is an amazing game, probably top 10 games I have every played and I have played 100's of games, but there are still a lot of issues that cause problems. That might be why they havent increased the size of the map, because the loading would cause even more lag.

Register or log in to remove.

Nose_Job_for_a_Cowboy

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

View Postelectricblooz, on 12 November 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Uhm  - no I'm fairly certain MCXBLA has never been out of the top 5 in playtime stats since the middle of the summer.  In fact, just a couple of weeks ago it re-surged and knocked MOH:MWF out of the top spot for a day or two.  The problem is most likely the OP's machine or internet.  Regardless of how much whining anyone posts about how wonderfully some other game runs - MCXBLA is still far and away one of the most taxing (if not the most taxing game) on Xbox.

Also, I'm subscribed to 4J, I don't recall them ever saying anything about "upgrading your connection."
BOOOOM!!! Settin' dem facts STR8, SON!!

Of course the program itself could be optimized. Everything in life can be improved in some way or another. The bottom line is it's not the game's fault at all in this case. The only thing MCXBLA is guilty of is being too advanced for the console it's running on. In the case of offline framerate drops, the hardware is at fault. When a labor-intensive event happens, (such as a massive TNT explosion or operating a complex redstone creation) that means the framerate will drop, because the game has to wait on the CPU to catch up. If things start to get extremely buggy, that probably means your RAM or GPU memory are at full capacity. This can also cause clients to crash completely.

Last_username_Im_gonna_try

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

I get lag with people in the same town.
Eg blocks reappearing.
I put my shirt on one leg at a time, just like everybody else.

King_Scooter

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

the only way i've personally experienced lag was playing with tnt the first day of the 1.8 update.  I just started flying around and diggin holes and planting the TNT straight down to bedrock building a pillar all the way up and blew up a mountain.   most players i've ever had was 4 though.  i imagine if i got into a 5 player game or more it would affect me.  my connection is around 40-50mbs
"All you outsiders, you haters, and liars.  Your time is just counting, so come meet the mountain"

Bedrock_placer
  • Minecraft: Martian47

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Lag is all cause of your connection. It's not 4J's job to fix your connection.

You were probably one of the people that wanted larger worlds.

Effervescence
  • Location: Spelunking in a cave...While bombarded by Creepers >.<
  • Minecraft: Spartan__115
  • Xbox:tuRRetbuDDy115

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I think its your xbox/internet. Mine works without lag, single or multiplayer. It is an old xbox too
Posted Image

Urban_Blackbear

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

I play on a XBox 360S 250GB with a 6Mb internet connection. The only lag I have ever experienced is voice chat lag right up until the new dashboard. I honestly think a lot of the problems people are having is with the new XBox Dashboard. Ever since it launched my XBox  "experience" has been bad. Welcome to Windows 8.

TommysProfile

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Some people just wont learn lol

Skylit_Zodiac

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

I have comcast high speed internet with speed boost.
I play with friends from the same city that live maybe 5 minutes away.
I only lag on minecraft XBLA.
And using wired connection.

RaveDarkmaster

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

sometime my world lags and some other players world but the problem we getting that the game crashes and havin to reboot the game the game i never had a problem since the update with creative mode came out might be cos we overloaded the world with builds etc.

might be better if we could link up to 4j sever to host like the pc i have heard they wanted to do that but microsoft are be funny if thats a problem why cant we rent a server like battlefield 3 were we pay microsoft to redirect to 4j server

rushzer0

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

No lag for me. I'm on FiberOP super fast. Seriously though upgrade your connection OP. It will make a world of difference.
Posted Image