Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge][SSP+SMP] In-Game NBTEdit! Edit Mob Spawners & Attributes in game! Updated!

nbtedit

  • Please log in to reply
1377 replies to this topic

#81

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostKyran_, on 15 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

But... Bukkit! Craftbukkit is pretty necessary to run a public server due to its popularity and all the mods and plugins for it. This tool is invaluable to adventure map makers or small servers running forge. As I said before though the Forge/Bukkit ported builds have run out of steam, seemingly due to lack of cooperation between the devs so having a hybrid forge/bukkit server is no longer an option with the recent minecraft versions. It would be amazing if admins of bukkit servers such as myself could use your tool live to edit their nbt files.

As it stands right now, I'm editing items in singleplayer and uploading my player.dat files to the server, which is still very helpful so thank you! But editing the world and player files without having to logout and upload files would be amazing.
I understand, but I am unfamiliar with Bukkits mods and how they work. In order to use the mod, both the client and the server need to have it installed - not sure how to do that with Bukkit.

View PostGavenom, on 15 November 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

This mod won't work for me anymore, i am using minecraftforge-universal-6.3.0.372, and this mod only and it won't load past the mojang screen. No crash report because it doesn't crash. Could it be a Forge problem?

View PostGavenom, on 15 November 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

OK, it MUST be a Forge problem, no forge mods seem to work for me.

Forge 6.3.0.372 is for Minecraft 1.4.4, so make sure all of your mods are for 1.4.4 (and that you're running Minecraft 1.4.4)

View PostKyran_, on 15 November 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

I got it to work at least in singleplayer with the minecraftforge 6.0.1.337 version. It didn't work with the more recent builds of forge. Note this is using the past version of the NBTEditor, not sure whether it will work with the recently updated one.
Forge 6.0.1.337 is for Minecraft 1.4.2, see above.

View Postromangvk, on 15 November 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Utterly astounding, my good sir. Don't even use mcedit anymore! Diamonds and plus rep for you! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Thank you! :)

View PostaetherX, on 15 November 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

This. Is.

AMAZING.

I cannot tress how much time this will save, or how grateful I am that you made it.

Anyways, now:
- You should add a button to add the § symbol (colours, formatting codes).
- You should... IDK what else.
Thanks!

Register or log in to remove.

#82

foreverblu
  • Location: Coruscant
  • Minecraft: foreverblu

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

You should make a changelog Posted Image and also...time to make a tutorial on this. You should make a way to select by right clicking the entity while holding a buttom or something, its hard to go on a moving small entity like a cricket from Mo' Creatures. Also, There should be a way to edit your own players nbt and the dimensions Posted Image

I love this mod Posted Image

View PostKyran_, on 15 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

But... Bukkit! Craftbukkit is pretty necessary to run a public server due to its popularity and all the mods and plugins for it. This tool is invaluable to adventure map makers or small servers running forge. As I said before though the Forge/Bukkit ported builds have run out of steam, seemingly due to lack of cooperation between the devs so having a hybrid forge/bukkit server is no longer an option with the recent minecraft versions. It would be amazing if admins of bukkit servers such as myself could use your tool live to edit their nbt files.

As it stands right now, I'm editing items in singleplayer and uploading my player.dat files to the server, which is still very helpful so thank you! But editing the world and player files without having to logout and upload files would be amazing.

Nvm....saw the post above Posted Image


Edit: Also, Please add the ability or teach me how, so that when you wear a armor it gives you a potion ability? ANd also how did hypixel on his herobrines mansion map detect what damage a sword would do and a armors protection would be? That wold be really helpful :) Thx

Edited by foreverblu, 15 November 2012 - 12:25 PM.

Posted Image <-------Help this poor little hatchling and watch it grow! It needs you :) Just1 Click on the picture would help a lot~~!!! THX!

#83

fiqri1999
  • Location: Jakarta
  • Minecraft: fiqri1999

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Can you make it for modloader, pls? Cause every time i set forge to my minecraft it always fail to start-up.
Posted Image

#84

Emmanuel17

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Does this work without forge??
Posted Image

#85

memile804

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

how do i install this mod for multiplayer ?

#86

Gavenom
    Gavenom

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 430 posts
  • Location: Milliways, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
  • Minecraft: InfiDim42

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I finally got this mod to work, turns out i forgot to delete Not Enough Items from my coremods folder. :)

#87

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

View Postforeverblu, on 15 November 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

You should make a changelog Posted Image and also...time to make a tutorial on this. You should make a way to select by right clicking the entity while holding a buttom or something, its hard to go on a moving small entity like a cricket from Mo' Creatures. Also, There should be a way to edit your own players nbt and the dimensions Posted Image

I love this mod Posted Image



Nvm....saw the post above Posted Image


Edit: Also, Please add the ability or teach me how, so that when you wear a armor it gives you a potion ability? ANd also how did hypixel on his herobrines mansion map detect what damage a sword would do and a armors protection would be? That wold be really helpful Posted Image Thx
Changelog? Nothing has really changed the much - the changes made were permanent (added copy, paste, and cut) and that's pretty much it...Maybe in the future Posted Image

Do you want to be able to edit yourself? Edit other players? And/or able to edit external files?

And a keybinding isn't a bad idea... What key should it default to?

View Postfiqri1999, on 15 November 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

Can you make it for modloader, pls? Cause every time i set forge to my minecraft it always fail to start-up.
Make sure you're downloading the right version of Forge! Are you using Minecraft 1.4.2 or 1.4.4?

View PostEmmanuel17, on 15 November 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Does this work without forge??
Nope, it requires Forge.

View Postmemile804, on 15 November 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

how do i install this mod for multiplayer ?
Install Forge on your server and put the NBTEdit zip into the mods folder.

View PostGavenom, on 15 November 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

I finally got this mod to work, turns out i forgot to delete Not Enough Items from my coremods folder. Posted Image
Hmm, that's weird... What error were you getting?

#88

Gavenom
    Gavenom

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 430 posts
  • Location: Milliways, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
  • Minecraft: InfiDim42

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I have found a bug, when adding the tag "IsBaby" it turns the zombie into a baby, but when deleted or edited, it stays as a baby.

View PostDavidee, on 15 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Changelog? Nothing has really changed the much - the changes made were permanent (added copy, paste, and cut) and that's pretty much it...Maybe in the future Posted Image

Do you want to be able to edit yourself? Edit other players? And/or able to edit external files?

And a keybinding isn't a bad idea... What key should it default to?

Make sure you're downloading the right version of Forge! Are you using Minecraft 1.4.2 or 1.4.4?

Nope, it requires Forge.

Install Forge on your server and put the NBTEdit zip into the mods folder.

Hmm, that's weird... What error were you getting?

I wasn't getting an error, it just wouldn't load past the mojang screen, but it's fixed now.

#89

DeadIsaac
  • Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Can you make another version required modloader?
btw, you did a great job :)
Craft is Mine , Mine is Craft .

#90

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

View PostGavenom, on 15 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

I have found a bug, when adding the tag "IsBaby" it turns the zombie into a baby, but when deleted or edited, it stays as a baby.


I wasn't getting an error, it just wouldn't load past the mojang screen, but it's fixed now.
Not a bug, that's how vanilla minecraft is coded. Baby zombies can't change back into regular zombies.

View PostDeadIsaac, on 15 November 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Can you make another version required modloader?
btw, you did a great job Posted Image
Most likely not - there is no problem with Minecraft Forge - most ModLoader mods should work just fine with it. And thanks! :)

#91

foreverblu
  • Location: Coruscant
  • Minecraft: foreverblu

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

View PostDavidee, on 15 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Changelog? Nothing has really changed the much - the changes made were permanent (added copy, paste, and cut) and that's pretty much it...Maybe in the future Posted Image

Do you want to be able to edit yourself? Edit other players? And/or able to edit external files?

And a keybinding isn't a bad idea... What key should it default to?

Make sure you're downloading the right version of Forge! Are you using Minecraft 1.4.2 or 1.4.4?

Nope, it requires Forge.

Install Forge on your server and put the NBTEdit zip into the mods folder.

Hmm, that's weird... What error were you getting?

OK. But just in case of any large changes :)...also...maybe shift n or something? N for nbtedit and shift for some other mod compatibilities....or something else like y or uh...u?
And ya....I would like to edit myself, to kinda make myself insta build on survival :P and myabe to edit the dimensions base data and make some cool changes :D
Posted Image <-------Help this poor little hatchling and watch it grow! It needs you :) Just1 Click on the picture would help a lot~~!!! THX!

#92

Gavenom
    Gavenom

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 430 posts
  • Location: Milliways, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
  • Minecraft: InfiDim42

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

View Postforeverblu, on 16 November 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:


OK. But just in case of any large changes Posted Image...also...maybe shift n or something? N for nbtedit and shift for some other mod compatibilities....or something else like y or uh...u?
And ya....I would like to edit myself, to kinda make myself insta build on survival Posted Image and myabe to edit the dimensions base data and make some cool changes Posted Image

I think the only way for custom generation is through mods and World Edit.

#93

DeadIsaac
  • Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostDavidee, on 16 November 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Not a bug, that's how vanilla minecraft is coded. Baby zombies can't change back into regular zombies.

Most likely not - there is no problem with Minecraft Forge - most ModLoader mods should work just fine with it. And thanks! Posted Image

I mean because I don't like forge. I'm sure somebody don't like forge too.
Craft is Mine , Mine is Craft .

#94

Gavenom
    Gavenom

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 430 posts
  • Location: Milliways, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
  • Minecraft: InfiDim42

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostDeadIsaac, on 16 November 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

I mean because I don't like forge. I'm sure somebody don't like forge too.

I used to not like Forge, until I came across Not Enough Items.

#95

DeadIsaac
  • Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostGavenom, on 16 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I used to not like Forge, until I came across Not Enough Items.

I love NEI too. But since she required forge, I change back to TMI.
Craft is Mine , Mine is Craft .

#96

flarn2006

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Wow. This is amazing. This NEEDS to be added to vanilla--there's really no reason it shouldn't!
Only thing: is there any way to edit NBT data that isn't associated with an entity/tile entity?
▀▄▄▀ This creeper isn't happy with his birth defect.
█▀▀█ He made it so you couldn't have more than two lines in a signature.

#97

Davidee
    Davidee

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

View Postforeverblu, on 16 November 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:


OK. But just in case of any large changes Posted Image...also...maybe shift n or something? N for nbtedit and shift for some other mod compatibilities....or something else like y or uh...u?
And ya....I would like to edit myself, to kinda make myself insta build on survival Posted Image and myabe to edit the dimensions base data and make some cool changes Posted Image
Hmm... well I could always add the command "/nbtedit me" or something like that. :o

View PostGavenom, on 16 November 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

I think the only way for custom generation is through mods and World Edit.
Yeah, I think so. :o

View PostDeadIsaac, on 16 November 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

I mean because I don't like forge. I'm sure somebody don't like forge too.
Why don't you like Forge?

View PostGavenom, on 16 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I used to not like Forge, until I came across Not Enough Items.
Yeah, NEI is really good.

View PostDeadIsaac, on 16 November 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

I love NEI too. But since she required forge, I change back to TMI.
NEI is better than TMI. That alone is a good reason to use Forge. :o

View Postflarn2006, on 16 November 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Wow. This is amazing. This NEEDS to be added to vanilla--there's really no reason it shouldn't!
Only thing: is there any way to edit NBT data that isn't associated with an entity/tile entity?
Thanks!

And what do you mean by that? Like .dat files? :o

#98

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

This mod is invaluable for debugging when making mods that use TileEntities just for the ability to look at the tags as you test. Many thanks!
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#99

Alosson
    Alosson

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 526 posts
  • Location: Training Room
  • Minecraft: CyberstormFromLU
  • Xbox:MinecraftTroy

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

I've been looking for something like this for a long time, thanks for your hard work on this.
Posted Image

#100

alsmiffy_12345

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Wheres the DL link?