• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge][SSP+SMP] In-Game NBTEdit! Edit Mob Spawners & Attributes in game! Updated!

nbtedit

• Please log in to reply
1382 replies to this topic

foreverblu
  • Minecraft: foreverblu

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostDavidee, on 16 November 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

Hmm... well I could always add the command "/nbtedit me" or something like that. Posted Image

Yeah, I think so. Posted Image

Why don't you like Forge?

Yeah, NEI is really good.

NEI is better than TMI. That alone is a good reason to use Forge. Posted Image

Thanks!

And what do you mean by that? Like .dat files? Posted Image

hmm...thats true...and also /nbtedit world
That would be good :)
so ya. But also the keybinds would still be good, because of moving entities though. So ya....comment when u add them...ill be waiting :D
Posted Image <-------Help this poor little hatchling and watch it grow! It needs you :) Just1 Click on the picture would help a lot~~!!! THX!

Register or log in to remove.

percyqaz
  • Minecraft: Percyqaz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostPyro1997, on 11 November 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

You cannot edit yourself, that's up to the server or it's owners, or both. It's physically impossible to aim at yourself to even attempt it.

Although, I am having one issue: I cannot figure out what to put in a head to make it a certain player's skull. The wiki is being of no use, as it just says to add an NBT string tag, which I did, and put in "SkullOwner" -> (player name) So I've tried all the possible iterations of those values, and nada is happening. I've tried it on both placed skulls, and ones in chests, and it's aggrivatin' me.

Oh, and the mod works great though Posted Image It is indeed fun to make zombies invincible and make them eternally burn in lava.

You put the SkullOwner tag in the "display" list inside "tag" of the item. I forgot the types, but close enough. :D

By the way, great mod, I really needed this. :)

percyqaz
  • Minecraft: Percyqaz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

View Postaminecraftguy00, on 11 November 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

This might turn out to be a big mod. Does this allow you to edit mob spawners so you can spawn armored mobs?
Indeed it does. :)

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

View Postdenoflions, on 16 November 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

This mod is invaluable for debugging when making mods that use TileEntities just for the ability to look at the tags as you test. Many thanks!
You're welcome! :)

View PostCyberFromLU, on 17 November 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

I've been looking for something like this for a long time, thanks for your hard work on this.
No problem!

View Postalsmiffy_12345, on 17 November 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

Wheres the DL link?
It's there... under the downloads section

View Postforeverblu, on 17 November 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

hmm...thats true...and also /nbtedit world
That would be good Posted Image
so ya. But also the keybinds would still be good, because of moving entities though. So ya....comment when u add them...ill be waiting Posted Image
Will do! :)

View Postpercyqaz, on 17 November 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

You put the SkullOwner tag in the "display" list inside "tag" of the item. I forgot the types, but close enough. Posted Image

By the way, great mod, I really needed this. Posted Image
Thanks!

View Postpercyqaz, on 17 November 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Indeed it does. Posted Image
:)

pop4959
    pop4959

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Minecraft: pop4959

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Hi Davidee! I was shown your mod by a friend and its one of the best editors out there. It's the perfect complement to worldedit, whereas that mod cannot edit entities, and block properties.

I have one problem, however. You have marked your mod as SMP, but I am unable to figure out how to install it into my server. I have also tried simply joining it with the mod (Opped and creative), but it still does not work. It works perfectly in SSP. I would love to have this mod in my map, so I could edit the map more without having to take my server down.

ZacShroom
  • Minecraft: Zac091

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Wish it used Modloader.

Posted Image

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postpop4959, on 17 November 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Hi Davidee! I was shown your mod by a friend and its one of the best editors out there. It's the perfect complement to worldedit, whereas that mod cannot edit entities, and block properties.

I have one problem, however. You have marked your mod as SMP, but I am unable to figure out how to install it into my server. I have also tried simply joining it with the mod (Opped and creative), but it still does not work. It works perfectly in SSP. I would love to have this mod in my map, so I could edit the map more without having to take my server down.
Thanks!

You need to install Forge on your server. Then, just put the NBTEdit zip file into your server's mods folder. That's it! :)

View PostZac091, on 17 November 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Wish it used Modloader.
Why don't you like Forge?

foreverblu

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Woot! Suggestions will be added? This truly will SURPASS mcedit AND most of its filters....except for sethblings...some of his are amazing....still.. :D
Posted Image <-------Help this poor little hatchling and watch it grow! It needs you :) Just1 Click on the picture would help a lot~~!!! THX!

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

View Postforeverblu, on 18 November 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Woot! Suggestions will be added? This truly will SURPASS mcedit AND most of its filters....except for sethblings...some of his are amazing....still.. Posted Image
Do you guys want to be able to edit other players? I personally don't think that you should be able to, but what do you guys think?

Gavenom
    Gavenom

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Location: Milliways, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
  • Minecraft: InfiDim42

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostDavidee, on 18 November 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

Do you guys want to be able to edit other players? I personally don't think that you should be able to, but what do you guys think?

Probably not, what would be the point of editing other players?

bionicryan1999
  • Minecraft: Bionicryan123

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

I can't seem to get the head functionality to work (when you can change the skin of the head) it says the persons name on the tool tip but when i place it it does not work :/ help plz

Edit: also the the custom potions thing crashed me when i did it

Lemonschooner

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Edit: I solved my earlier problem and deleted that; it was a matter of having installed the wrong version of Forge somehow. My new problem is this: Whenever I say /nbtedit and point at an entity, the menu does come up, but whatever changes I make never stick.

Edit: Also, I think you should be able to edit other players, just for the sake of full functionality.

Davidee
    Davidee

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1481 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostGavenom, on 18 November 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

Probably not, what would be the point of editing other players?
I don't know! :o

View Postbionicryan1999, on 18 November 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

I can't seem to get the head functionality to work (when you can change the skin of the head) it says the persons name on the tool tip but when i place it it does not work :/ help plz

Edit: also the the custom potions thing crashed me when i did it
Watch the first video. It goes over how to do it.

And yeah, if you mess up, of course it can crash. For now, try using some splash potions on a mob and then just copy the "ActiveEffects" tag.

View PostLemonschooner, on 18 November 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Edit: I solved my earlier problem and deleted that; it was a matter of having installed the wrong version of Forge somehow. My new problem is this: Whenever I say /nbtedit and point at an entity, the menu does come up, but whatever changes I make never stick.

Edit: Also, I think you should be able to edit other players, just for the sake of full functionality.
Try installing the correct version of forge on a clean minecraft.

But I'm not sure that it's safe. :o

romangvk
  • Minecraft: romangvk

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

I love this mod, but could you allow usage in sp creative without cheats on? That would be really helpful for mapmakers like me, because right now, I have to open to LAN allowing cheats to use this. Also have a bug report. don't know whether this is Minecraft or the mod, but whenever I save and quit to title and reopen the world, all my custom spawners become default pig spawners. Please look into this.
Love the mod though.
Posted Image

foreverblu

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostDavidee, on 18 November 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

If the other player allows it. Probably a command this time. Also...1.4.5 is coming out....should prepare for that :P

BoneHead777
    BoneHead777

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: BoneHead777

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

This is amazing! The best tool since VoxelSniper!
Only negative point is that it requres Forge. Reason:
-Before this mod can update, forge has to update, thus the update times will be delayed...
Posted Image

foreverblu

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostBoneHead777, on 18 November 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

This is amazing! The best tool since VoxelSniper!
Only negative point is that it requres Forge. Reason:
-Before this mod can update, forge has to update, thus the update times will be delayed...
You know nothing about forge. It updates BEFORE an official release is even released....therfore it can be updated EARLIER.... -_-
Forge-Haters

Davidee....ignore them....there just modloader supporters...but modloader sucks... :)

BoneHead777
    BoneHead777

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Minecraft: BoneHead777

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Postforeverblu, on 18 November 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

You know nothing about forge. It updates BEFORE an official release is even released....therfore it can be updated EARLIER.... Posted Image
Forge-Haters

Davidee....ignore them....there just modloader supporters...but modloader sucks... Posted Image
It is true, I know nothing about forge, not even which link I have to click on :P
Posted Image

foreverblu

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I dont get how do you use the color? I tried making color with command blocks but it would not work, probably doesnt work anyways :P

Anyways. Some questions:

- How do you use the COLOR display tag in the files?
- How do you add color to command block text and bold and italic, since a lot of people has done that.

View PostBoneHead777, on 18 November 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

It is true, I know nothing about forge, not even which link I have to click on Posted Image

*Twitch* *twitch* ....you go on minecraftforge.net and then you click on the LATEST forge button on the top in super-huge letters. And then click the latest forge numbers UNIVERSAL button. There you have it! Its mighty easy to install now and it has so many features that is important to MODDERS.

Zexinoe
    Zexinoe

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Great mod man! Thanks for this.
:D