• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Suggestion: Make bats not spawn on Peaceful

bats peaceful

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Suggestion: Make bats not spawn on Peaceful (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Should bats become inactive on Peaceful?

1. Yes, turn them off when on Peaceful. (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No, they are fine how they are. (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

navicomputer

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

Suggestion: Make bats not spawn on Peaceful

The reasoning behind my request is that a map that I play on a lot is on Creative mode / Peaceful. Amongst the many buildings I have, there are a lot of dark areas -- some of which are intentionally dark, like basements and underground subways.

The problems I have with bats:

1. There are some areas where dozens of bats spawn due to darkness, like in one of my modern skyscrapers, which takes away from the "modern" feel of it. Placing torches/lamps around to reduce their spawning would also take away from my original vision of the buildings.

and 2. All I hear for hours when I'm building are the bat squeaks, which becomes annoying.

So my suggestion is to make bats one of the mobs which do not spawn on Peaceful. This is not to say that I don't like bats (in fact I think they fit into Survival mode very well), but when I just want to build in Creative and/or Peaceful they become a nuisance.

Does anyone have any thoughts / criticisms about this?

Register or log in to remove.

Badprenup
    Badprenup

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 10968 posts
  • Minecraft: Badprenup

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

I don't see why not. They may be passive, but they also don't drop anything. No need to keep them there.
Looks like my free time is going to be divided equally between Minecraft suggestions and Starbound suggestions from now on.

EpikkKhaotikk

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Or maybe, bats do spawn when you're on Peaceful but not on Creative Mode. But if you're on Creative Mode and DO want bats to spawn you can change the difficulty, maybe Normal+?

Still, I do think bats should not spawn on Peaceful.
NOTHING HERE, WHY DO YOU BOTHER?

Woodruff
    Woodruff

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 934 posts
  • Minecraft: W00DRUFF

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

How about a switch instead, because I do not see the use of not letting useless, peaceful animals spawn on peaceful.

Posted Image

Forexal
    Forexal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Minecraft: Forexal

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

How about a setting beside difficulty, for all difficulties... Enable bats: yes/no

EDIT:

View PostWoodruff, on 10 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

How about a switch instead, because I do not see the use of not letting useless, peaceful animals spawn on peaceful.
I didn't see your reply until I posted, facepalm.

Posted Image

FutureNyanCat

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

How about setting the bat's spawning to spawn on stone-related blocks and monster eggs?

Posted Image

| YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jaden1291 | Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/ |

FutureNyanCat. The Nyan Cat of the Forum. Current Version: v120.0 (Despicable Kitty Update)

Forexal
    Forexal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Minecraft: Forexal

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostFutureNyanCat, on 10 November 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

How about setting the bat's spawning to spawn on stone-related blocks and monster eggs?
Because that would go against what OP is pointing out, he has areas purposely dark... which could be made out of stone.

Posted Image

navicomputer

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostWoodruff, on 10 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

This is a good idea too, to have a toggle available. Maybe only in Creative?

lightbulbwindows1000
  • Minecraft: BlueAmbulance
  • Xbox:Never heard of it
  • PSN:PS...2?

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

No support. There's no reason to bats being removed. They're passive, and peaceful means passive and neutral mobs only. If I were you, I wouldn't complain about the bats. Some bats do accidentally go into modern building in real life.
Posted Image

Withnothing
  • Minecraft: Withnothing

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Love bats. They liven up the world, and I don't want them confined to easy+. And I don't want a million switches and toggles either, just....looks bad. So no.
Posted Image

dracodraco100

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Normally, you do not see bats in modern buildings. I do not hate bats, in fact, I think they are great mobs, but OP makes a good point. Atmosphere is everything. You do not have bats in sky scrapers, just like a castle made out of iron would be strange.
Posted Image

Globex Leader said:

If I can't launch the nukes, I'll walk them there myself!(Strike Force Heroes 2)