interbrink

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 889 posts
  • Minecraft: Sunrays
  • Xbox:Pfffttt....

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

First off, what is Mine-imator?

Mine-imator is a free Minecraft animating program created by a guy called 'Dave'.  Mine-imator allows you to create animations freely and easily without much hassle.  At this time, it is currently in BETA (0.5.2) but it going under a lot of change throughout the BETA updates.  It is a free program, and the download is available here.

It is very simple and easy to use, and I'll teach you how to.

Hey, why no video?

Haha, well, you see I am only 13 so many people would not want to watch some high-pitched voice teaching them how to animate (why, I have no idea) so I decided to make a tutorial on how to animate using Mine-imator instead.

Where can I download?

The download link is in the 'What is Mine-imator' section, but if you missed it, you can download it here

Can it be used to Animate anything other than Minecraft?

Well, it is supposed to be used to create Minecraft animations, but you can import different textures to make it look like anything you wish, so you could add a 'CoD' character for example, and you could animate that.  But, everything would look like a Minecraft character, so I only recommend using it for Minecraft animations.

What is your experience with Mine-imator?

Well, I have been with Mine-imator for about 3 months.  I have not released ANY video of my animations yet, but I will do so in the near future.  I do not know EVERY thing about Mine-imator, this is just teaching you the basics on how-to animate

I'm bored of reading, can I have the tutorial?

Most certainly.  Just a thing to say about the tutorial.  This will be in order, so follow it from the start.  Also, it will be a simple as I can make it, so try to bear with me.

Chapter 1:
Adding new characters and items.

To add a new character you have to go onto the main page on the top right of the program and click 'ADD', see here:
Spoiler:

Then select what you wish to use, for this example I will use Steve, so what you do is, 'Add' then 'Character'
Spoiler:

To add a item, do the same but select 'item', and you can use the selection grid to choose what you would like to use:
Spoiler:

END OF CHAPTER 1

Chapter 2:
Binding items and moving:

To move an item is pretty simple.  This will only work on BETA 0.5.2+, so make sure you use that.  As you will see, everything spawns on one block, so you would like to move them, correct?  Well, this is how:
Click on the character in the timeline (circled), then click on position, and use the ball thing to help move.  MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A HALF DIAMOND TO USE AT START
Spoiler:
This works for all items and Characters Posted Image

To rotate an item is the same as above, but you click on 'rotation' instead.
Spoiler:

You can do both by opening both tabs at the same time.
Spoiler:

Now, you want to bind an item, eh?  What is binding?  Binding is basically making an item move with the character, and stays there without you having to move the item in every frame with the character.
For this example, I will use a leather helmet!
Right, click on the item you wish to bind, and click 'instances' under the selection grid.  At the bottom, click 'bind to pearent'.  Then select the pearent AKA, Steve in this example.  Then click where you wish to bind it to, AKA head.
Spoiler:

Now, you want to move it to the head, with the 'how to move' thing.
This can be used for ANY item.
P.S: Items can't be binded to themselves.

END OF CHAPTER 2

Chapter 3:
Adding scenery:

You can add minecraft scenery using MCEdit.  I can't get MCEdit, so you're gonna have to read a bit Posted Image.

Okai, go to the world you want to use on Minecraft.
Log out NEXT to where you want.
Open the world using MCEdit.
Save the world as a .schematic file.

TAADAA Posted Image
Simple really Posted Image.

To add it into Mine-imator, click 'Add' then 'Scenery'.  Click then on the 3 '.'s' after 'Schematic; None loaded'.  Find where you saved it and open it.
TIP: THERE ARE ALREADY SOME SCHEMATICS IN THE FOLDER WHERE MINE-IMATOR IS, SO CHECK THEM OUT BEFORE MAKING ONE
Spoiler:

END OF CHAPTER 3

Bonus Chapter Posted Image
Re-naming items and Duplicating.

Okai, click on the name and enter the name name, simple Posted Image
Spoiler:

TUTORIAL END

ANNOUNCEMENT:
HALF THE TUTORIAL IS CUT OFF, FINDING A WAY TO FIX IT NOW

Forum Rules ->Posted ImagePosted Image<- PM Me

Register or log in to remove.

interbrink
    interbrink

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Chapter 4:
ANIMATING, WOOP WOOP.

Yaay, you've survived so far.  Now, to anime is REALLY SIMPLE.  Just click on the key frame you wish to make the movement to then, move the body part to the place.
Example in spoiler below:
Spoiler:

Now, that's basically it.  Now, to animate walking.  It's SIMPLEZZZZZ.
Click on the keyframe yo wish for him/her to be walking to by, move it into position.  Right click the keyframe before the destination, and then right click and selsct 'create walking animation for next frame.  TADAA, done Posted Image.
Spoiler:

Just continue these steps to make an animimation Posted Image

END OF CHAPTER 4

Chapter 5:
Camera:

To animate the cameria is simple, make the camera active, by clicking this button:
Posted Image

then it'll appear at the keyframe bar at the bottom.  Now, just move where you want to go (clicking and dragging) and click on the frame you want the camera to move there by.

END OF CHAPTER 5

Chapter 6:
Saving and editing speed.

To edit the speed, simply drag the speed bar lower for slwoer and higher for faster:
Spoiler:

To save, click here and WAIT FOR IT, DO NOT MINIMIZE OR SWITCH WINDOWS
Spoiler:

TUTORIAL END

interbrink
    interbrink

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Tutorial is now fully fixed, I just had
to make another topic and merge them together :P

blooper555

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

thx for this tutorial helped me out ALOT!

figgis_man
  • Minecraft: rockhog

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Finally... I will come back here when I'm home from school. Currently on the ride.
Also thanks! I couldn't figure it out myself...

Posted Image

Please wait... Attempting to be a banana

minibuscus053

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

I have a question. If you have a bad computer, when you replay the video will it have bad graphics?

interbrink
    interbrink

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 889 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

View Postminibuscus053, on 23 December 2012 - 04:45 AM, said:

I have a question. If you have a bad computer, when you replay the video will it have bad graphics?

No, it is all done by the program.

Alzorath
    Alzorath

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Lol, now I'll just need to remember to come back to this after my new hardware arrives - definitely gotta say thanks for the tutorial, may have to do some mussing about with it for my channel at some point ;)

interbrink
    interbrink

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostAlzorath, on 31 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Lol, now I'll just need to remember to come back to this after my new hardware arrives - definitely gotta say thanks for the tutorial, may have to do some mussing about with it for my channel at some point Posted Image

No problems mate :)

PixiStix23398
  • Minecraft: PixiStix23398

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Nice tutorial
Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya

FreddoGuy360
  • Location: Sitting in a cell at Aperture Science Laboratories.
  • Minecraft: Minecraft :|

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for that.
I was just sitting there wondering how to move the creeper right up behind steve's head...
You were very clear and informative thank you.
You are a life saver (but not for from steve, he has a date with a creeper! Posted Image )

KirbyKickFrans

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for all the help!  That was really helpful.

Wyoskyguy
  • Minecraft: Wyoskyguy

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Tons of help! Thanks for this! Definitely gonna bookmark this so I can come back for further help.

Also, it's not so much about the squeeky 13-year-old voices, for me, I'd rather read something then watch something. At least when I read something, I can comprehend it how I want.

Also, you have superb grammar. HUGE Thumbs up!
Posted Image

thelavaswimmer
  • Minecraft: herooftime23

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

can you bend the character's leg at the knee, or their arm by the elbow?

EDIT: No need to answer this, i have figured it out myself

DaBroIan
    DaBroIan

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for posting this, really helped! Though how do I add sounds?

Got any maps, redstone contraptions, or problems that you need help with? Just ask me, I'm always here to help!

Posted Image

DaBroIan
    DaBroIan

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostWyoskyguy, on 30 June 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Tons of help! Thanks for this! Definitely gonna bookmark this so I can come back for further help.

Also, it's not so much about the squeeky 13-year-old voices, for me, I'd rather read something then watch something. At least when I read something, I can comprehend it how I want.

Also, you have superb grammar. HUGE Thumbs up!
I feel the same XD

Got any maps, redstone contraptions, or problems that you need help with? Just ask me, I'm always here to help!

Posted Image

spiderhunter125

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

when i try to bind the item i am binding disappears. help pls

xZaCkAtTaCk713x

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Hi!
I want to make a block appear at a certian point, instead of having it there the whole animation.
For example, i want steve to point, and after he points, i want a block to appear.
Please Respond!
Thank You!
-Zack

lightingbolt22

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Are you able to write things in it? or do i have to use blocks to write. Please respond

TheVoGUyMC
  • Minecraft: TheVoGuyMC

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

I have question: I need mouth in Mine-Imator.... Can you add it?