Latest News Article

Weapon name color

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

CreeperKing123
  • Minecraft: Creeper_King456
  • Xbox:Creeper_King456

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

I have seen people change the name of swords and tools in an anvil. I have also seen the name of tools or weapons a different color such as red. can this be done in a anvil or is it another way such as mc-edit? help?
Edit: I want to change the color name of some tools and also label them, can this be done in an anvil?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Czupo
    Czupo

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • Minecraft: Czupo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

I'm pretty sure that's not possible with the anvil

Posted Image

I'm back after a long hiatus. I'm gonna try hanging out here again.

Craftiyan
  • Minecraft: bdejean

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

I think Anvils can change names, but not colour.  Maybe you're thinking of some coloured tools from a mod?  Redpower Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (Green Sapphire since they added Emeralds to Vanilla?)
Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

its me peardude
  • Minecraft: peardude

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostCraftiyan, on 29 December 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

I think Anvils can change names, but not colour.  Maybe you're thinking of some coloured tools from a mod?  Redpower Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (Green Sapphire since they added Emeralds to Vanilla?)
    No I've seen this done on Herobrine's Mansion and Wrath of the fallen.
All I want for Christmas is feeesh!

StackyDavid

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

View Postits me peardude, on 30 December 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

That could be exclusive to those adventure maps, though. They are full of nifty little things like that.
Watch me mine for crafts, craft mines, fall down shafts and do a bunch of other things that may or may not involve blocks.

DispenserWither
  • Minecraft: DispenserWither

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

There is a possible way.Maybe the creators of the map used MCEdit to do it.If not,I remembered that there was one symbol which enables choices of unique typing. :mellow:

willer111
  • Minecraft: willer111

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

go get the MC-Edit Filter Name Change Color Thingy just search: "Sethbling MCedit Filter"
put the Item in a Chest open MCEdit Select only the Chest and use the Filter...

Video:

colorfusion

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Sethbling made a filter to do it in MCEdit, you can do it with pretty much anything that can change NBT data though.

wildmz
    wildmz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: wildmz

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostCreeperKing123, on 09 November 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

I have seen people change the name of swords and tools in an anvil. I have also seen the name of tools or weapons a different color such as red. can this be done in a anvil or is it another way such as mc-edit? help?
Edit: I want to change the color name of some tools and also label them, can this be done in an anvil?
unfortunately you can't change colour, but it would be pretty awesome if you could :)

webkit-fake-url://AC8470DE-9C6A-4B1F-8FC6-6C6F24C760E1/aa97d04f9d6c5a8b0505474628b1455f.jpg

chazonezeroseven
  • Minecraft: chazonezeroseven

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

View Postits me peardude, on 30 December 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

he's not delusional everyone, I played  HM without a texturepack and there was a GREEN shovel, I know for a fact my texturepack was set to default, I wonder how this became possible

View Postwildmz, on 03 January 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

unfortunately you can't change colour, but it would be pretty awesome if you could Posted Image

think before you say stuff?
there was a person that stated before you that you can change the colors in mcedit. don't say anything because you're a source that speaks based on how you feel about something or what you assume and not actual facts.

joefoggie
    joefoggie

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1205 posts
  • Minecraft: joefoggie

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Only possible with McEdit or other plug-ins like that.
Posted Image

Puredarkness

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Back when this thread was made (I'm looking at you snipa_bro_in_the_house), it was with the formatting code symbol, done with ALT 2-1 in microsoft word. It had letters after determining the colour or whether it had strikethrough, all that. You can do this with /tellraw in the 1.7 pre-release.

Wait, test- §
                  ^
                  |
            Yup, that's the formatting code symbol.
The Darkness will win one day, and light's time being the winner is nearing it's end. Because light is overrated.
People, the Modification Development section is for MODS, not Bukkit plugins. Do not be surpised if you don't get any help from there.
Spoiler: Random fact

Mangoman321

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

You can do this in 1.7 by doing some crazy commands as always. But i could never figure it out...

View Postchazonezeroseven, on 03 January 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

he's not delusional everyone, I played  HM without a texturepack and there was a GREEN shovel, I know for a fact my texturepack was set to default, I wonder how this became possible

think before you say stuff?
there was a person that stated before you that you can change the colors in mcedit. don't say anything because you're a source that speaks based on how you feel about something or what you assume and not actual facts.
in HM, zombies are wearing leaves on their head, which makes the tools and weopons green. t's a bug that i thnk got fixed in 1.7 (p.s my i's arent working that well :D)

XxAwesomeGamerxX

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

View PostPuredarkness, on 22 October 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Back when this thread was made (I'm looking at you snipa_bro_in_the_house), it was with the formatting code symbol, done with ALT 2-1 in microsoft word. It had letters after determining the colour or whether it had strikethrough, all that. You can do this with /tellraw in the 1.7 pre-release.

Wait, test- §
  ^
  |
Yup, that's the formatting code symbol.
I believe that does not work on servers on signs or chat.

Sooo its really hard without a program

Psycodragons

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

NBTEdit and other third party editors can apply color and word filters. So you could have a book specially edited with green and yellow text, with a gibberish title.
Sadly, you cannot do it in vanilla without the help of these programs.
Pokemon Fangirl
Posted Image
Friend Code: 4914-4107-3147 Be sure to PM me! Safari Type: Electric Pokemon: Pacurichu, Stunfisk, (Hidden) Manectric
Now with dapper new 3D model. Note: I may take a while to get around to a PM.

ACrevevlations

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Yes there is a way to change the Name color and Lore of an Item and there are two ways how.
1. Command block
2. MCedit

For MCedit you will need to download a filter from sethbling and then go to to you mcedit folder, then yo your filters folder and then drag and drop the filter into the folder. Then you will need to place a chest in regular Minecraft with the item(s) you wish to name, After that, you need to close Minecraft and open MCedit then go to your world that has the chest in it. Once you have selected the chest then go to filters and click on the new filter you have which will be ModifyItemStrings. then you can now name your item and add a color and make it bold, underlined, italicized, etc. as well for the lore. Click Save and close MCedit and go to Minecraft and then you have your Item!

With the Command block is faster but you can change the colors of the name, What you need to put in the command block is...    /give @p 272 1 0 {display:{Name:"Helping!",Lore:["Minecraft","Minecraft is good"]}}
This is just and example on what you can type, You can change the item number, Name, and Lore.  

Really hope this helped!
~ACrevevlations

Download link for Filter and and you can search around here to find really cool filters from Sethbling!
http://sethbling.com...it-filters/?p=2

Crimsollite
  • Minecraft: Crimsollite

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

You can change text colours with NBT tags, using the § symbol. Alternatively, you can use custom McEdit filters, but it's easier to use an NBT editor if you know what you're doing.

danieljharris
  • Minecraft: danieljharris

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostCrimsollite, on 01 February 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

You can change text colours with NBT tags, using the § symbol. Alternatively, you can use custom McEdit filters, but it's easier to use an NBT editor if you know what you're doing.

Thanks, I'm now using NBT editor and using the § symbol and it works perfectly.
Want to set-up your own server?

Click here if you do.

Skylinerw
    Skylinerw

Sectional Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3574 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

View Postdanieljharris, on 21 February 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

Thanks, I'm now using NBT editor and using the § symbol and it works perfectly.

Note that the section symbol (§) is going to be removed in the future: http://www.reddit.co...56mb5?context=3