103 replies to this topic

Rufus
    Rufus

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2231 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostAbecedarius, on 08 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

I'm surprised you don't consider the food restructuring, the addition of critical hits, or the change in how armor works a change in the combat system.
Or the addition of blocking, the re-work of bows, enchantments or potions.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

faceuckadoss

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Great update!

Good job, love your updates and bugfixes :3

Posted Image

funky monkey
  • Minecraft: gerbil 69

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

i know this might sound odd but if i use this pre-release will i be able to use a 1.4.2 server? or should i have to wait?

It's only a proper update if it breaks something the bugs are a bonus :)

cp3rocks
    cp3rocks

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: cp3rocks

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

This looks awesome!
Here is my favorite mod: http://www.minecraft...ckenbones-mods/
hope you like it too!

LiquidMagma
  • Minecraft: LiquidMagma

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Glad they made bugfixes.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan

Talent3
    Talent3

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Cool bug fixes. Playing it now.
If my post helped you in anyway, or made you smile or share a quote of some sort, please click that cool ^ button.

eriongtk

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

The survey was kind of wasted. I was expecting more serious/straightforward/useful  questions like
What do you think about ....
  • the world generator (which verions's topograhpy (NOT FEATURES!) did you like the most)
  • more controls over normal world generation? (dunno, maybe chance of generating (amount of) [biome type], increase/decrease a specific resource - would be great for adventure maps - like coal rich, but iron poor world, etc)
  • caves/tunnels? (good, more, less... )
  • herobrine as main boss for Overworld? ;) )
  • next inventory feature (item sorting, auto-replace...etc)
  • .... ?

Caiobrz
    Caiobrz

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

That was the most pointless survey ever -_-

Shzl
    Shzl

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Minecraft: Shzl

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Take some jelly, take some fish, look at that sandwich, DEE-lish.

Seriously. People complain that the oceans need more mobs- but also that any hostile mobs would be overpowered, since you move slowly in water. What about a Jellyfish- a passive mob that does not seek you out, but hurts you on contact. You would find them only in proper oceans- there would be depth and distance-from-shore requirements (so that they aren't irritating like squids, appearing in ponds and such). Oh, and they would faintly give off light as well.

Of course, they would need to have some intrinsic value to make them worth seeking out- and to make people go to the otherwise mostly ignored oceans. I can't think what would be beneficial from a jellyfish without ruining minecraft, but there must be SOMETHING.
(Note- I'm sure this idea has been thought of before, but I have not seen anything myself. I am not merely copying from Mo-creatures, or something.)

And I honestly can't understand this community sometimes. No matter what happens in a snapshot, pre-release or major update- people complain and criticise Mojang. When it's not about the lack of Mod API, it's about the lack of new material. When it's not about that, it's the terrain generation. Or the bugs. Or the lighting engine. or the combat system. Or the fact that Minecraft isn't changing enough- or even that it is changing TOO much.

I realise that different people have different opinions, and that there will always be some people who are not happy- but why be so negative? They're not resting on their laurels, they are still working hard on the game.

SunnyDaze

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Posteriongtk, on 08 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

The survey was kind of wasted. I was expecting more serious/straightforward/useful questions [...]

View PostCaiobrz, on 08 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

That was the most pointless survey ever Posted Image

--->

This is just for fun, and will have almost no discernable impact on Minecraft’s future development.

It was designed to be silly and pointless. It said so right above the survey. Party poopers...

Roadsguy
    Roadsguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1154 posts
  • Minecraft: Roadsguy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

So who else said Pigmen in the suggestion one?
Insert clever signature here.

Minecraft34567

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

man i wonder how 1.5 is going to be like

toatanu
    toatanu

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Survey Answers:

1. PC
2. All but modding.
3. Grilled shrimp with some kind of awesome sauce. (What, it's an honest answer.)
4. His hair. And his awesome head/brain. And technically the rest of his body, too. And the ground. (They're all under his hat, right? :P)
5. Air.
6. Ridable dragons. Not necessarily red. Random colors maybe?

View Postsimen671 said:

Do you guys think Dinnerbone is giving a hint here? Or is he just Dinnerboning?

Derpygoose
  • Minecraft: Derpygoose

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hoorah! Bug fixes for everyone!
Posted ImageLOVE ME! Muffins?

Chriskiller25
  • Minecraft: Chriskiller25
  • PSN:Chriskiller25

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

Slow down with the updaters. Other than that, happy to see more bugs being fixed :) Awesome work.
Posted Image

eriongtk

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostSunnyDaze, on 09 November 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

It was designed to be silly and pointless. It said so right above the survey. Party poopers...

It's Survey Time!

You can play Minecraft on a heap of different platforms: PC, Mac, iOS, Android, and Xbox 360. Phew. But how do you play Minecraft? And, more importantly, what do you think Notch hides under his hat?

Mojang wants your feedback, and now have a survey up!  Suggest a new mob, pick your favorite food, and tell Mojang all about how you play Minecraft!

Then why bother asking us, if they are -most likely- gonna scrap it? Also, there was rarely a question about "how 'I' am playing it. If by "how" they meant "on what platform" - let alone "all about it"
Dont get me wrong, i get the joke, but instead of putting a serious survey  on about where they, and their game stands, they are making fun of... i dont even know. But oh well :/

View PostShzl, on 09 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

When it's not about the lack of Mod API, it's about the lack of new material. When it's not about that, it's the terrain generation. Or the bugs. Or the lighting engine. or the combat system. Or the fact that Minecraft isn't changing enough- or even that it is changing TOO much.

I realise that different people have different opinions, and that there will always be some people who are not happy- but why be so negative? They're not resting on their laurels, they are still working hard on the game.

I think the order they implement things is the main problem. They add a lot (useful? not useful? -  it's subjective) of new stuff into these updates, and they either generating new bugs, or not fixing old~er ones (maybe a few versions later)
I realize that -even though im not a programmer- making an API is a HUGE task, but instead of adding new stuff, they could have been focusing on the API, while bugtracking, and increasing 'minor' versions in the meantime (think about it as  effort  on those 90%-10% respectively)
People were crying about new versions, yes...but think about how huge the disappointment was when the API did not come in 1.2... i mean 1.3... i mean 1.4 for sure...I mean..
Let's turn this backwards. If we had a woking api by... lets say, v1.3- "when its done" -, we would be having less problem with:
a) people whining/complaining about it
B) mod updates for out precious and favorite mods...
c) some world-breaking bugs many have experienced in the past, losing their hc worlds (well, this is why you make backups before trying out a new version, let alone a snapshot...), etc; or many other bugs/annoyances these new versions brought.

Less is more ;)

likalaruku
  • Minecraft: likalaruku

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

I suggested a ton of passive mobs. I'm tired of updates rendering animal mods useless with a chance of the modders giving up on updating them.

Flying birds, turkeys, geese, ducks, foxes, ferrets, weasels, horses, deer, goats, fish, & llamas.

Oh fudge...I forgot snakes, frogs, & lizards Posted Image  They would have made good pets OR tasty food.
Make texture packs? Tired of people telling you to upload better screencaps? Send me a message with a link to your pack & I can help. (Check my Planet Minecraft blogs for photography examples). http://www.planetmin...ber/likalaruku/

bart900
    bart900

404: Member Not Found

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

I'd like to see more wildlife. Eg: birds, snakes?

Don't eat vegetables eat meat instead

I didn't know bread was a vegetable ._.

general3214
  • Minecraft: general3214

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Woah. So many releases. Mojang sure is working hard.
Posted Image

5thHorseman
  • Minecraft: 5thHorseman

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Could someone post the text of the 20 bugs fixed? That link takes me to a page with no useful information whatsoever.

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently I had to visit the site twice in quick succession. The first time I see a default page, the second time I get the list.
Posted Image
Did you know I write Science Fiction? Well I do. Check it out at http://planetretcon.com/books/