Latest News Article

S.E.E: Assault of the Secrystice

survive expand evolve fantasy civilization evolution accepting

• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

ziuziu12
  • Minecraft: ziuziu12

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

((Alright I guess I should start?))I stare down at the strange shadows moving nearby a tree."What are those strange shadows...?"I murmur in a strange tone, Almost hateful.I look around for a bit before padding down a small cliff that leads to a small nearby stream, I dunk my lower jaw in then bring it back up, Having cupped water in it.I notice the strange shapes have now grown larger and I give a frightened shriek before running straight back up the path.
(Just a little derp,Im very close to where you guys are now,Like on-top-of-that-cave-thing close)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Squidgen1010101010

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Zaxon overheard the apes asking the lizards to come with them. Zaxon would have left the lizards behind, but he trusted the ape's judgement. Even so, Zaxon moved to the front of the group, as far away from the lizards as possible. The mantisects tried to stay under trees for as long as possible. They realy didn't like the rain

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Minecraft: starany

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

((I guess your accepted. Welcome! How big is Aleya? That is an important factor I forgot to ask.))

It appears everyone can tell from everyone else's faces that no-one likes the heavy rain. As everyone goes inward, they are among - even on - hills of various shapes, sizes, and slopes. Apes start passing one a message from on to another, including to the lizards and mantisects: "If you spot a cave, overhang, or something else that can shelter, tell us." Meanwhile, the leader does his best to guide his colony (along with the mantisects and lizards) under the thickest canopies he can find. With the heavy storm, none of the apes hears or spots Aleya. (#69)
Whoever said ignorance is bliss is ignorant.

DragonWing17

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

His hunt isn't very successful, most of the wild animals are either hiding or notice Tynebris before he can spot them. The dragon returns to his lair as he suddenly picks up the smell of a rather fresh corpse. Hungry as he is he goes to the corpse. Most of it has been eaten already, but he'll eat the rest, seeing that his hunting didn't go well.
Silence & Logic
Gone for a week, back on Tuesday, maybe mobile online.

SRIOATIK
    SRIOATIK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: myyc12

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

((Heyyy dragonwing whats up. Haven't seen you in like forever. Most likely due to the fact that I have not had much free time in a while  to actually get down to write... anyways app time... Actually before i do, are Harpies a go or no go? Because you wanted like simple creatures, and like a hermaphrodite bird with a human face and other various humanoid like parts might not be consider....Basic))
Posted Image Hey a click would be nice!

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

((Yeah, sorry, it's not basic. You're going to have to change/evolve a basic creature into that.))

DragonWing17

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

(( @SRIOATIK, indeed it has been. ))
Silence & Logic

OpelSpeedster
  • Minecraft: OpelSpeedster

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

((Could you have the migrating Apes and Mantisects end up meeting my character? I haven't traveled that long for no reason.))

ノ(*-_-)ヽ Be Bored

worst. right arm. ever.

best trailer ever

DragonWing17

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

(( You could just start the interaction with them by crossing pathes or so. ))
Silence & Logic

OpelSpeedster
  • Minecraft: OpelSpeedster

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

((Eh, I don't even know which direction they are in, better, I hardly know where they even are.))

ノ(*-_-)ヽ Be Bored

worst. right arm. ever.

best trailer ever

SRIOATIK
    SRIOATIK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Character Application
Name- Srio (hey thought it would fit for a flying bird)
Age- 20 years
Race- Avis Mortis
Gender- Male
Personality- A sarcastic thing that does not mind to kill in a instant (It just seem all you guys are so loving. And usually I would do that to. But I want to stir a thing or to, don't get me wrong I don't want to be a bother). Very calm in most situations.
Appearance- Like another male Avis Mortis, Slightly larger than average.
Bio- Srio belongs to a race of large birds of prey that have migrated to this island. He and his flock are numbered but have always done well to live off of the land and its creatures. He him self is a larger among the crowd and he is known for it. He is usually the one to take head of hunts when they go in groups, but most of the time he just goes by him self just cause he can. He has kept peace with in his flock and some would argue that he has saved them more than once. Although he does not believe so, he leads, and everyone follows.
Other-

Race Application
Name of Race-Avis Mortis
Appearance-Males are a dull color of green that varies, but all have a red strip that goes across the wing span. All Avis Mortis have black beady eyes that can see for miles (like any other bird of prey) with talons long and sharp to kill. Females are pure black that blend in with the night sky. All birds average around 4 feet in height and 9 feet in wingspan.
Starting Population- 45 males, 63 females
Other-These birds are Birds of prey. Are aggressive. And because they are huge they don't fly about at the greatest of speeds but because of their large wings the can elevate to higher altitudes faster than a smaller birds can. The usually will fly high and dive down to swoop and kill prey. They can run on ground its just more of a scuttle and hop then a run.

ziuziu12

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

(Soz I havent been active (Derp face inserted here) But Aleya I'd say is about the size of...Hmmm...Well imagine an eagles wingspan tipped sideways.(Like so the wings are like facing up and down)and thats her height...)I notice the strange creatures pad out of the cave,Lizards,Apes,and...WHat are those things? I wonder, Having not seen the strange insectial creature before.I jump down and attempt to snatch a lizard,But they scuttle up before I can catch any.I then notice the creatures have turned around.

Posted Image

Squidgen1010101010

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Zaxon turns around after hearing the thump of a large creature landing behind him. It made a grab for one of the lizards, but missed. Zaxon and one other mantisect charge towards the creature, seeing that it plans to attack them. Zaxon jumpes towards the creature, planning to latch on to it. The other mantisect waits behind the strange upright lizard, planning to attack if Zaxon missed.

((What was that about being loving again? :P))

SRIOATIK
    SRIOATIK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

((I bet you, you're gonna miss, then the manisect attacks and Ziuziu blocks/dodges and he will be like hey yo peace mate... or he could read this and be like now I am going to do something different to troll me/wasnt planning on it (but is he says that definite troll so i guess in the end he gonna troll me)))

ziuziu12

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I see one of the creatures begin charging,and quickly dodge to the side,Only to hear a crack as one of my toe claws snap in 2, I let out an ear-splitting screech of fury and pain before running to the creature and biting it's left leg, Then I proceed to run up the small hill nearby and say loudly, "I'm not her to hurt you! I'm just hungry!" My tone says im friendly, But my eyes say im in pain and theres blood welling up in the broken toe claw, As well as tears in my eyes.

View PostSRIOATIK, on 13 December 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

((I bet you, you're gonna miss, then the manisect attacks and Ziuziu blocks/dodges and he will be like hey yo peace mate... or he could read this and be like now I am going to do something different to troll me/wasnt planning on it (but is he says that definite troll so i guess in the end he gonna troll me)))
I am a she.... *facekeyboards*))
Posted Image

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

((SRIO: Accepted. Are there any distinct territories the birds live in, or do they move around often? Sorry for having you wait so long. Edit: By the way, DragonWing has a hostile character too. Ate one of my apes long ago. It's nice that another hostile character (along with a whole race) is going to be coming into play.

Opel: Why not time-skip to our position? Right now you could pretend that you are in the "past" and timeskip to the "present." Thus, you are where we are.

Overall, I need to exercise more to beat the cold winter blues and spur blood to my brain. Hopefully I will be a better roleplayer when I do that. Lastly, I apologize for not updating the character list yet.))

The apes are scared of the big, two-legged lizard. The apes are so close to the area they are heading to (the western edge of the big blob of grassland amid the western, hilly forest). Anna exclaims in reply to another smart creature, "ANOTHER one???" (#70)

ziuziu12

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I jump at an ape suddenly exclaiming"Another one?"I mentally facepalm. I stare at the ape and reply,eyes still brimming with tears, "Yes 'Another smart creature'. Speaking of which...." I look down at the strange insectial creature that had attacked me,"What are you?"I say,my voice having no emotion.I give a small sniffle after saying that,and some of the creatures notice I look distinctly unhealthy and skinny.

Posted Image

DragonWing17

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

The dragon eats the rest of the corpse, the rain dropping onto his scales cooling him down. Tynebris doesn't have much options left, he can't hunt efficiently due to the storm and because of the cooling rain. He decides to return to his cave and waits there while the storm is in his territory.
Silence & Logic

ziuziu12

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

I patiently wait for my answer, But eventually I feel the tickle in my nose that meant I was going to sneeze again. I went over ways to stop it in my mind but decided on not doing anything...Though I could scare the creatures I just gave a little, almost inaudible sigh.
Posted Image

SRIOATIK
    SRIOATIK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

View Postziuziu12, on 13 December 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

I am a she.... *facekeyboards*))

((Sorry i Refer to everyone to as he as i do not know their gender (thank you for sharing anyways)))

View Poststarany, on 14 December 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

((SRIO: Accepted. Are there any distinct territories the birds live in, or do they move around often? Sorry for having you wait so long.

((Its alright. They usually move around, but a place to call home would be somewhere in the mountains. How quickly does evolution occur in this game?))

There was a lone bird (a non important bird) flying in the sky, it was calm then. The bird was enveloped with shadow and before he knew it an Avis Mortis came diving down, tackling the bird with sharp talons that pierced its chests, stabbing through the lungs and heart. Another bird of its kind came down and flew side by side.

"OI Srio mate" Him again? "What is it tweedy? Why must you always follow me?" I said boringly. (tweedy is a non important character) Tweedy was taken aback by this and obviously was hurt. We flew for a while... before the peace was broken again.

"Well... That was a nice looking bird you got the-"
"Yes Tweedy I will share with you. Why do you always have to go about looking other peoples' food anyways? Just cause you are smaller than the rest of us, doesn't mean your prey is any bigger than you" Tweedy looked like he wanted to speak, stop him self and continued again "Well the thing is that I'm workin' on somethin' and it's been harder than I thought it would be, could i possible show you"

I answered him with silence before I broke it "Here lets fly down to a branch or something so we can rip this poor thing in half" I was slowly lost elevation but Tweedy must be really hungry because he was diving down to the nearest tree. As I caught up and landed on the branch Tweedy had one talon out ready for his meal. I reluctantly gave him the bird and we both pulled as the bones snapped and the flesh ripped. We both ate the dead bird. Tweedy was done with his half before I could do much of a dent in mine. Tweedy's big black eyes looked at me, begged at me. I wasn't hungry anyways and pushed my half to him. As he finished the carcass off I flew up into the sky and saw the oncoming storm.

"Tweedy. Guess you are going to have to show me" I said with dread.

When we flew to a small cave in the mountains, Tweedy's place, I wasn't to happy about the fact that I had to listen to another one of his ideas... But i guess you can say it grows on you. The rain started to pour down and more birds came to Tweedy's place as his was the farthest from the main nest. Some already at the nest flew here just to see what Tweedy was doing. Tweedy loves this kind of attention.

"Ho brothers! Whats happening today?" A fellow Avis said as he shook the waters from his feathers the best he could as he entered the "Tweedy Cave" Tweedy stood as tall as he could, sorry sod is still shorter than us by a bit.

He scuttled about before saying "As you know I have been eating your food"
Everyone joined in and said "Again"
"But that's because I have been working on something, a way to gather for food while killing food" Tweedy showed a big nut on the little rock that acted like a table.

"Whoa whoa whoa Tweedy this is already craziest ideas you have had yet" a onlooker said.

"I know. But just watch." Tweedy got a rock with his talon and started to smash at the nut but slipped and the nut went flying and hit a Avis in the head cracking the nut open slightly (Talk about hard headed). Everyone gathered around the nut, as Tweedy opened it with his talons. "Srio would you like to try"

Everyone's attention was on me now. I broke the nut with my beak. And took a small piece, and ground it with the tip of my beak before swallowing. Everyone was in silence. I turned away before speaking "It's not the best..... But if you are desperate it's not bad." Everyone stood round laughing, but eventually one by one, they started to try this weird new food.