Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

S.E.E: Assault of the Secrystice

survive expand evolve fantasy civilization evolution accepting

• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

DragonWing17

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Tynebris does the same as he did with the previous few meals, roast the animal. Afterwards he eats it and flies up into the air flying around and observes from above the wild animals run around, trying to analyse their behavior for future uses.
Silence & Logic
Gone for a week, back on Tuesday, maybe mobile online.

Register or log in to remove.

Squidgen1010101010

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Zaxon crawls from his burrow, and screeches a bit to get the attention of the others that were still sleeping. After they were all up, they quickly dug up their food and headed back towards the apes, preparing to move westward. Meanwhile at the colony, several mantisect eggs had begun to hatch. The leader was concerned about them, because many of their parents were gone, and probably wouldn't be back until the next day. They also realy needed the food that was being carried to the sea...

((I still don't know the rules for increasing population. I probably missed an incredibly obvious thing on the front page, didn't I?))

DragonWing17

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Tynebris however isn't good at memorizing much fast, he would need a while to memorize patterns. Nevertheless he tries longer to memorize, but he gives up because he is quite impatient. He flies around to relax and calm down.
Silence & Logic

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Minecraft: starany

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

((Population increase rules are under changes and stages.
"Raise population by 10% using your "change" in stead of a physical characteristic. Raising population by 10% will work like this (giving random numbers for the example):
1,000 males and 2,000 females.
The difference is 1000 in gender gap. Remove the extra females or males (not really remove them, just the number for calculation): 2,000 x 0.10 = 200. Therefore, the race increases in number by 200 individuals. Any decimals (e.i. 25.6) are rounded. The number of males/females for the new individuals will be determined by this random number generator and not by the player: www.random.org/integers/"

If you were to use a stage and not a change to increase population, then population increase is 20%.
If 20% increase in population doesn't seem like much for a stage. let me know your opinion please. Rules can change since this thread is slightly experimental.

I am getting closer to the completion of the map.))
Whoever said ignorance is bliss is ignorant.

Squidgen1010101010

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

((So for 200 females and 100 males the population would go up by ten?))

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

((Okay, so you are using your change (correct me if I am wrong)? Basically, this is how raising your population will work (using your population numbers in stead of example):
100 males, 200 females. "Remove" (not literally, just form calculation) the extra gender, which in this case is 100 females. I do know that in reality animals tend to have more than one mate, but to be fair in population increase in the roleplay...this is how it works. =/ ))
100+100=200. 200x0.10=20. Now, neither I nor anyone else gets to decide how many of said number is male or female, so we will use this random number generator: www.random.org/integers/.
Although, now that I am taking a look at it, I guess one would have to choose the gender kind of, so I will allow you to choose which is female and which is male: 2, 18 ))

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

((If you disagree with how the population increase works or anything else, please tell me. Also, I decided to spend my change on changing the mouth structure to be human and not so monkey.))

The wise, old ape cape forward and asked to the mantisects (and partly to the ape colony), "Are you ready to leave?"

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

((The map is done! Also, I am setting an official approximate size of the island. Check the first post for map and size. :) ))

Ramiro26
    Ramiro26

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

((Map looks pretty good, we should decide which part of the island our characters are. Mine is watching the apes and mantisects, so I'll be wherever you are.))

doyalikewaff

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

(( The apes and mantisects are near the end/middle of the hillyish area to the west nearing the ocean, me and houndhunter are near but more northern towards the mountain(s) above the hills, as for everyone else please refer everyone else. (this is an educated guess may not be exact, also great map) ))

Slightly happy the bird was tailing along, Engel noticed the sun rising and feels the exhaustion of 2 days of travel with few if not any hours of rest and so he looks around desperately at the mountain closest to him and sees a small opening not big enough for and predator of him but he could fit through nicely.

(56)

Posted Image

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

((doyalikewaff is correct! :) ))

DragonWing17

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Tynebris continues flying around, but he starts searching for a bigger cave, seeing that the cave he slept in his a bit too crowded for him. Nevertheless he remains in the nearby area so that in case he doesn't find a new cave he can return to the small one.
Silence & Logic

Squidgen1010101010

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Zaxon hears the old ape asking if he was ready to go, and he replied with a yes. Zaxon and the rest of the mantisects began to move westward again. They stopped at the edge of the ape's colony to see if they were following.

((my new population is 118 males and 202 females.))

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

The apes started their walk with the mantisects. Other than the mantisects, the idea that the apes will get to see the ocean again - which they have seen in years (or for young ones, never) - is exciting. As they follow the mantisects, all the apes' mouths change.

((#47. The mouth of the apes are now human and shape and don't jut out like a snout, but flat-ish as a human's is.
I will update your population status.))

ktrey
    ktrey

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Minecraft: ktrey

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Character Application
Name- Skrit
Age- 2
Race- Skaven

Gender- male

Personality-
Inquisitive and can be often a little skittish.

Appearance-
Skrit is a brown and green dappled raptor about one foot long. A series of jagged scars run across his back from when he was bitten by a large predator.

Bio-
Skrit was hatched in a small nest hidden in low shrubs. From there he ranged the edge of a pond with the rest of his pack.

Other-
Nothing much more to add.

Race Application
Name of Race- Skaven

Appearance-(Remember your race is starting off basic, but things like size, color, etc is important.)
Skaven are about 1-1.5 feet long. They usually have brownish or green scales. Skaven are Bipedal with their forearms having small claws to help them grasp prey. Their tails makes up more then half their body length and is a
great aid in balance.

Starting Population-(Between 2 to 5,000)(How many males and females?)
147 males and 125 females. The population is divided into roughly 10 "packs" of around 20 members each.

Other- Each skaven has a "killing claw" on both feet. They use this to pin small prey like rats. Small size makes it not much use against anything else. They are also very agile to be able to hunt insects. Skaven cannot see directly ahead of them and must bob their heads to gain 360 degree vision.

Diet- Insects and anything roughly the size of a rat. Occasionally a pack will work together to attack animals up to the size of a small dog.

Posted Image

starany
    starany

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

((ktrey: Accepted.))

ktrey
    ktrey

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Minecraft: ktrey

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

((sweet I was worried I started a little to complex Posted Image ))

Skrit slinks cautiously through the brush. He saw some great winged lizard thing flying about and couldn't help but investigate. He had to be careful though as his pack would be very angry if they discovered he was exploring alone. He also had to watch for larger predators. All these thoughts were distracted by the sudden appearance of a moth. Skrit instantly froze. He mustn't scare the moth away. The moth flew just close enough and Skrit sprung straight up and snagged the crunchy morsel in his jaws. He shuddered with delight as easily a dozen more moths took to the air after being disturbed by Skrit's hunting. He jumped after them wildly all the while thinking "Today is a good day."

Posted Image

DragonWing17

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Tynebris isn't quite successful at finding a new cave in the nearby area, so he flies around covering a bigger area. Which means he is also risking of not finding back to the previous cave. Suddenly he spots something hovers in the air observing the creature. (Skrit)
Silence & Logic

Squidgen1010101010

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Seeing the apes were following, the mantisects headed towards the ocean. Zaxon hoped so many creatures wouldn't attract any unwanted attention. All the mantisects were edgy, expecting something to attack them at any moment. When one of them stopped, and waved their antenna in the air, the others spun in circles trying to see what she had detected. The mantisect told the others that it had smelled a large concentration of salt nearby. The mantisects doubled their pace, knowing that the ocean was so close.

doyalikewaff

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Engel squirms into the opening to find a nice sized cave, feeling content with his discovery he stretched and debated on whether or not to explore further into the cave but in the end his exhaustion got the better of him and he started dozing off.

(57)

Posted Image