Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecon 2013 Date and Location?

minecon 2013 location place where is area when time

  • Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

Poll: Minecon 2013 (486 member(s) have cast votes)

Where would you like Minecon 2013 to be held?

  1. Toronto, Ontario, Canada (334 votes [68.72%])

    Percentage of vote: 68.72%

  2. Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (108 votes [22.22%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.22%

  3. Tokyo, Japan (44 votes [9.05%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.05%

When would you like Minecon 2013 to be held?

  1. May (4 votes [13.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.79%

  2. June (3 votes [10.34%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.34%

  3. July (7 votes [24.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 24.14%

  4. August (2 votes [6.90%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.90%

  5. September (2 votes [6.90%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.90%

  6. October (3 votes [10.34%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.34%

  7. November (1 votes [3.45%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.45%

  8. December (7 votes [24.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41

StalePhish
  • Location: New England
  • Minecraft: StalePhish

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostThe_Doctor_123, on 09 November 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure the most players are in the U.S. and it should come back to the U.S. next year. But this time around, it should be in a big city like L.A., Chicago, or New York. Or if Mojang wants to keep up on their Disney desires, Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California(but that's not as big).
Yeah, I would think it would be back in the US too. I agree that Florida (Disney World) or New York City would be the place to have it.
NYC is likely the easiest place for foreigners to fly into and also very easy to get around because of the subways and cabs.

Are there any statistics about the turnout of Minecon 2012 (France) compared to Minecon 2011 (Vegas)? I wouldn't expect many Americans would be heading overseas because the majority of US players are young and most likely do not have passports. It may be a surprise to you Europeans, but having a passport in the US is quite uncommon. Only about 1/3 have them here, and I would think they are mostly held by the older population. Compared to 3/4 of Europeans who have passports. I travel quite frequently but have only left the country 3 times, two of which were in the past couple years. It is quite expensive to travel from America to Europe.. like, if I was traveling with my girlfriend, it would be about as expensive as buying a decent used car.

Register or log in to remove.

#42

CoolTombondes
  • Location: Johannesburg Geuteng
  • Minecraft: Martystar501

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I think it should be in Cape Town the tourism is great! And it will about take me 2 hours to fly so yes!!!

#43

KingTrygon
    KingTrygon

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 934 posts
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: KingTrygon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I don't think attendance numbers will ever matter in regards to Minecon, as it only accepts a very small pool of people in comparison to other conventions. So no matter what continent it is in, it will always sell out, even if no out-of-continenet travelers made it. The fact that they don't release schedules until the last minute and still get sold out kinda proves the point. No matter what they do, there will be a full Minecon.

#44

qwertysam
    qwertysam

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: qwertysam

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostKingTrygon, on 14 November 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

I don't think attendance numbers will ever matter in regards to Minecon, as it only accepts a very small pool of people in comparison to other conventions. So no matter what continent it is in, it will always sell out, even if no out-of-continenet travelers made it. The fact that they don't release schedules until the last minute and still get sold out kinda proves the point. No matter what they do, there will be a full Minecon.
Well, we could always host minecon at Ontario Place or something and have the biggest Minecon yet!... actually, Disney Land Paris is probably bigger :3 Anyways, you make a good point about it always getting sold out, but they could always make more is they get a bigger venue! Posted Image Plus, by the time Minecon 2013 comes, there'll be way more people willing to go than there is now! Posted Image

View PostCbeeston1, on 14 November 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

I don't think Canada should get it since it is way too close to USA, Japan would not be bad but again it is not an english speaking place. And Australia does not have any ideal location to hold around 10'000 people without it being a place cramed in. Even though I live in NZ(New Zealand) I do not agree with any of these(NZ is next to Aussie)
What do you mean Canada's "way too close to the USA?" If anything, that's a good thing because a lot of the Minecraft community comes from there.

Quote my post if you want me to see your reply!


#45

KingTrygon
    KingTrygon

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 934 posts
  • Location: England
  • Minecraft: KingTrygon

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Actually Mojang intentionally only has the event a certain size. They could host bigger Minecons, however they choose not to.

#46

theMinzerdude
  • Minecraft: minerdude3445

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

I want it to be in Canada because well, i live in california so it is the closest to me.

I want it to be in Canada so badly.

#47

MagicCreeper
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: MagicCreeper

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Lets look at this rationally:

Posted Image

This should go in the OP, because it is OP worthy information to think about.

Posted Image


#48

BodOwens
    BodOwens

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostMagicCreeper, on 15 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:



Posted Image


I was about to agree with you, then I saw the tiny "who cares" at Asia. And that is where I want it, but then it's a bit closer to my country, but so is Japan, so I vote for Japan!
Hey guys, I have an idea! let's be negative and a total ass towards the game developers! that will make them listen to us!
Note the sarcasm.

#49

MagicCreeper
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: MagicCreeper

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostBodOwens, on 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

I was about to agree with you, then I saw the tiny "who cares" at Asia. And that is where I want it, but then it's a bit closer to my country, but so is Japan, so I vote for Japan!

Well yeah. I don't think they would necessarily put Minecon in Asia area mainly because there hasn't been a large demand for it there and Australia seems to cover the other side of Asia well, including the other Majoritys of people who may have been left out.

Posted Image


#50

YourN1ghtmare
  • Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
  • Minecraft: YourN1ghtmare
  • Xbox:VenousSmile

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I will be really happy if minecon will be in Kazakhstan!!!

#51

GeneXisXD
  • Location: London,UK
  • Minecraft: GeneXisXD.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Nah, It would be great if Minecon 2013 was in London, England!

#52

qwertysam
    qwertysam

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: qwertysam

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostMagicCreeper, on 15 November 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Lets look at this rationally:

Posted Image

This should go in the OP, because it is OP worthy information to think about.
Well, I already included it, just not in picture form. Also, the way how I put it in the op was the individual states, provinces and countries, not just random circles around land of about where it was.
Posted Image
The red is where it's been, and the blue is the options above. As you can see, Las Vegas is as far away from Toronto as Canada is from Europe. It's actually quite a ways away, so I really don't know why you would include all of Canada with the United States, plus, you haven't taken the population density into account. There isn't much population up in the north side of Canada, let alone and Minecraft members willing to go to a Minecon.

Europe and North America have the most dense Minecraft Population areas. Which is why going back to america is not a bad idea at all since most of the minecraft community is from north america, anyways, making it not much of a pain for most minecrafters. Remember, you've got to think of the majority, and that everyone gets a say.

I would respect your say, but I don't because, by the picture that you posted, you don't care what anyone from asia thinks, and you don't think they deserve a minecon too. Yes, it is unlikely to have a minecon there, but they have the right to vote.

Quote my post if you want me to see your reply!


#53

MagicCreeper
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: MagicCreeper

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

View Postqwertysam, on 15 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

The red is where it's been, and the blue is the options above. As you can see, Las Vegas is as far away from Toronto as Canada is from Europe. It's actually quite a ways away, so I really don't know why you would include all of Canada with the United States, plus, you haven't taken the population density into account. There isn't much population up in the north side of Canada, let alone and Minecraft members willing to go to a Minecon.

Uhh... I included Canada because it's literally right beside America. I included Canada because it is the same land mass creating easier to travel to. I have taken population dencity into account. You see my evenly sized circles? They include the other part of the world where Minecon hasn't been. Density isn't an issue - it's an excuse not to have it in the Australia area. Minecon will fill up no matter where it is. That is why this reason should be removed from the OP.

View Postqwertysam, on 15 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Europe and North America have the most dense Minecraft Population areas. Which is why going back to america is not a bad idea at all since most of the minecraft community is from north america, anyways, making it not much of a pain for most minecrafters. Remember, you've got to think of the majority, and that everyone gets a say.

Remember, there are only a thousand or so spots in Minecon, all of which would be full if only Sydney by itself was only allowed to attend. Once again, this reason should be removed from OP. Actually, I like how you are ignoring Canada like is didn't have a hope of getting to Minecon 2011. I see someone who is being extremely bias here.

View Postqwertysam, on 15 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I would respect your say, but I don't because, by the picture that you posted, you don't care what anyone from asia thinks, and you don't think they deserve a minecon too. Yes, it is unlikely to have a minecon there, but they have the right to vote.

That east part of Russia can have their own Minecon, but remember they are almost beside America too.

Here is a different map to make things clearer:

Posted Image

Over all, it seems like Australia covers the other part of the world that 2011 and 2012 hasn't. I'm sorry that you wouldn't be able to afford to go to Minecon 2013, OP Posted Image

EDIT: Remember, if next year was to be the last Minecon then this would be completely fairly divided.

Posted Image


#54

qwertysam
    qwertysam

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Location: Canada
  • Minecraft: qwertysam

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Spoiler:
Yeah... You also forgot that kids can't afford from Europe either, and that's the big problem! Americans can't afford to go Australia, and neither can Europians, cutting out most of the Minecraft Community.

Quote my post if you want me to see your reply!


#55

MagicCreeper
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: MagicCreeper

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

View Postqwertysam, on 15 November 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

Spoiler:
Yeah... You also forgot that kids can't afford from Europe either, and that's the big problem! Americans can't afford to go Australia, and neither can Europians, cutting out most of the Minecraft Community.

Argh... You don't get it, do you?

Minecon can't even host most of the MC community, so why is that an issue?

Posted Image


#56

TehEnforce

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I really think they should do The Netherlands this time. In the blog you saw that they visited Holland just a month ago so they know most good city's. Also the transportation is really cheap there. So its easy to travel to there. And like 45% of the minecraft community is Dutch.

#57

purush
    purush

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Japan!
I'm just voting that because I'd get the chance to visit Japan, and I'd probably bring an empty backpack just to fill it with anime and minecraft stuff before I leave c:

#58

Nukeplayer456
  • Location: Killing Blazes in the nether.
  • Minecraft: haydenhayden011
  • Xbox:I3 O 0x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostThe_Doctor_123, on 09 November 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure the most players are in the U.S. and it should come back to the U.S. next year. But this time around, it should be in a big city like L.A., Chicago, or New York. Or if Mojang wants to keep up on their Disney desires, Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California(but that's not as big).
Ahhh man. If its in Chicago then I can finally go.

I like turtles.


#59

Liltobig
    Liltobig

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 239 posts
  • Minecraft: Liltobig

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Lets go Toronto , Ontario , Canada! They can maybe even have Etho setup his own booth!? Team Canada for life! I love being canadain..
Posted Image

#60

JakeDaBossGamer
  • Location: United States
  • Minecraft: JakeSimon01

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

I think it should be in Chicago, Australia and Asia can fly, in while Canada isnt too far away, and it is in about the middle of the U.S. making it very accesable.