• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecon 2013 Date and Location?

minecon 2013 location place where is area when time

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

Poll: Minecon 2013 (486 member(s) have cast votes)

Where would you like Minecon 2013 to be held?

1. Toronto, Ontario, Canada (334 votes [68.72%])

Percentage of vote: 68.72%

2. Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (108 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Tokyo, Japan (44 votes [9.05%])

Percentage of vote: 9.05%

When would you like Minecon 2013 to be held?

1. May (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. June (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

3. July (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

4. August (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

5. September (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

6. October (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

7. November (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

8. December (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

qwertysam
    qwertysam

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Minecraft: qwertysam

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

So, we can tell that Minecon 2013 should be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but when? That's a good question, and I'm going to give you some different reasons for each month of the year.

Minecon 2013 Date Charactaristics
Spoiler:

Minecon 2013 Location Charactaristics
Spoiler:

Banners

Spoiler:

News flashes and updates on the Minecon 2013 event can be found HERE at minecon2013.net! Enjoy! :D

Quote my post if you want me to see your reply!

Register or log in to remove.

FrickFlock12
  • Minecraft: FrickFlock

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Canada: Boring
Japan: Maybe (never knew it was popular there)
Australia: BOO YAH!

qwertysam
    qwertysam

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

lol, you just want australia because you live there Posted Image No worries, I voted for canada! Also, Minecraft isn't as popular in Japan as in Canada or australia, but, hey, a lot of great conventions happen there! :D

Forexal
    Forexal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Minecraft: Forexal

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

Australia, and I'm from the Gold Coast but the EB games expo 2012 was held in sydney, I went and it was such a good location.
It would most likely be at the Olympic Ground. ^^

Posted Image

Squirzy
    Squirzy

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts
  • Minecraft: Squirzy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Sydney would be an amazing place to hold Minecon!

Posted Image   Posted Image

Owner of Level Up Minecraft and The Fuse MC (Click images to open websites)

qwertysam
    qwertysam

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostForexal, on 08 November 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Australia, and I'm from the Gold Coast but the EB games expo 2012 was held in sydney, I went and it was such a good location.
It would most likely be at the Olympic Ground. ^^

View PostSquirzy, on 08 November 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Sydney would be an amazing place to hold Minecon!
Sydney would be nice if it's held in the summer, Toronto would be wonderful in the winter, and Tokyo would be about half and half.

That way you can either see Canada's white wonderland, or Australia's colourful wildlife and waters!

The_Doctor_123

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm pretty sure the most players are in the U.S. and it should come back to the U.S. next year. But this time around, it should be in a big city like L.A., Chicago, or New York. Or if Mojang wants to keep up on their Disney desires, Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California(but that's not as big).
Posted Image

I am a representative of CraftedShack.

PM me for info on $6/GB servers. 10% off the first month as well!

Foxximus
  • Minecraft: Foxximus
  • Xbox:Foxximus

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

I'd say canada, japan would probably be a bit of a stretch for most players for lingual reasons (as far as i can see), and australia would be far away from a majority though I admit it would be cool to go just expensive :o Canada would just be easy to reach and they're linguistically set for a majority of the players that I'm aware of :3

Puddleduck97
  • Minecraft: Puddleduck97

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I think that  Britain would be the best option! Cheap to get to from Europe abd equally far from pretty much everywhere else. There is a few reasons the UK is in the middle of most world maps, distance being one of them.

cabanbuilder

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Australia sunshine , beaches and lots more !

I want AUSTRALIA

Cruncheon
  • Minecraft: Crucheon

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Y'know, a big problem many kids have is persuading their parents to get them to these places.

Canada - easy for the US users, quite difficult for everyone else.
Australia - Unless you're an Aussie, no chance.
Tokyo - Really? That's really pushing it.

Remember, a lot of young people go to Minecon, and they make up a large proportion of its fanbase. I'm a teen, and I can't go to the French one because it's a weekend, which is another problem. Minecon is usually a weekend, and you have to be pretty hardcore if you fly to Japan for a weekend trip, and that's without factoring in cost. So, maybe a more accessible area is needed.

intendowii
  • Minecraft: intendowii
  • Xbox:intendowii

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Japan, gotta see dat Nintendo influence.

Hunter
    Hunter

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1769 posts
  • Minecraft: hunterman12345
  • Xbox:flashbang007

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I really want Australia.
Reasons being I live in New Zealand, so getting to Canada or Japan would cost me my life's savings.
Sydney is a beautiful place with lots to see and do.

I have never been to any gaming convention before as most is in the States or Europe. So if it was in Sydney I would be able to go. :)
Posted Image

Want a Quality Minecraft Server? Check out DemonVPS Minecraft Host!

arbiter6784

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Im Going for Sydney because im  an Aussie lol, and it takes me about 1 hour and a lil bit to fly down there

qwertysam
    qwertysam

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostCruncheon, on 09 November 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Y'know, a big problem many kids have is persuading their parents to get them to these places.

Canada - easy for the US users, quite difficult for everyone else.
Australia - Unless you're an Aussie, no chance.
Tokyo - Really? That's really pushing it.

Remember, a lot of young people go to Minecon, and they make up a large proportion of its fanbase. I'm a teen, and I can't go to the French one because it's a weekend, which is another problem. Minecon is usually a weekend, and you have to be pretty hardcore if you fly to Japan for a weekend trip, and that's without factoring in cost. So, maybe a more accessible area is needed.
Hmm...  That's very interesting! I will re-word that and use it as a criteria! :D

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1934 posts
  • Minecraft: kynarus

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I voted Sydney, Australia since I live there, but my opinion is that Minecon should go to anywhere next year other than Europe or North America. I also put Sydney over Japan for lingual reasons.
Also, I hear a lot of people talking about the accessibility of certain cities. I don't think this should be taken into account, mainly because of how subjective it is. Yes Canada is more accessible than Australia... assuming you live in Canada, USA or possibly East Russia or Greenland. Yes Australia is less accessible than Canada... unless you live in Australia, New Zealand or East Asia. I'm not saying Australia is more accessible than Canada, but it isn't objectively less either.

Anyway, I think before Minecon goes to Europe or North America again it needs to go to every other continent. Here's my picks for cities.

Australia- Either Sydney or Melbourne, I'd prefer Sydney (because I live there), but I'd be fine with melbourne too.

Asia- Almost certainly Japan, that's where most gamers in Asia are.

South America- I see people asking for Rio (not sure how to spell the suffix, so i wont try), and that seems like the most logical, touristy place in South America.

Africa- I'm really not sure. Cairo maybe, that's Africa's largest city, right?

And after that.

North America- Definitely Toronto, see the OP.

Europe- Probably London, it seems like the next most logical place.
No, there has never, ever been a sandbox game with a story or ending... except Grand Theft Auto... and Saints Row... and Red Dead Redemption... and Crack Down... and Assassins Creed...

qwertysam
    qwertysam

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1259 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

View Post23232323, on 10 November 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

I voted Sydney, Australia since I live there, but my opinion is that Minecon should go to anywhere next year other than Europe or North America. I also put Sydney over Japan for lingual reasons.
Also, I hear a lot of people talking about the accessibility of certain cities. I don't think this should be taken into account, mainly because of how subjective it is. Yes Canada is more accessible than Australia... assuming you live in Canada, USA or possibly East Russia or Greenland. Yes Australia is less accessible than Canada... unless you live in Australia, New Zealand or East Asia. I'm not saying Australia is more accessible than Canada, but it isn't objectively less either.

Anyway, I think before Minecon goes to Europe or North America again it needs to go to every other continent. Here's my picks for cities.

Australia- Either Sydney or Melbourne, I'd prefer Sydney (because I live there), but I'd be fine with melbourne too.

South America- I see people asking for Rio (not sure how to spell the suffix, so i wont try), and that seems like the most logical, touristy place in South America.

And after that.

Well put :) However, the Minecraft's population in Africa is very small, and, I'm actually fairly embarresed because I forgot to include South america... However, their Minecraft population density is minimal compared to North America, Australia and Europe.

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1934 posts
  • Minecraft: kynarus

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

View Postqwertysam, on 10 November 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

Well put Posted Image However, the Minecraft's population in Africa is very small, and, I'm actually fairly embarresed because I forgot to include South america... However, their Minecraft population density is minimal compared to North America, Australia and Europe.
I didn't think Africa had a very large Minecraft community, I mainly put it on there as a show of good faith.
No, there has never, ever been a sandbox game with a story or ending... except Grand Theft Auto... and Saints Row... and Red Dead Redemption... and Crack Down... and Assassins Creed...

MoutainDew2k11

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

I would have put a UK city on there, It definetly has suitable locations, e.g Wembley Arena, NIA and maybe the Ricoh Arena
Alas, I have plagued this forum with 500+ posts with my arrogance and my ignorant self, onto 1000!
Come join the 101st Minecraft Division! http://www.minecraft...craft-division/

Zooka128
    Zooka128

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Post23232323, on 10 November 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

Australia- Either Sydney or Melbourne, I'd prefer Sydney (because I live there), but I'd be fine with Melbourne too.

And after that.

Australia would be good. I don't think it should be held in Asia as they're not in to Minecraft as much. I think Brazil is too dangerous to hold a Minecraft convention (especially as there will be lots of children going to MineCon and Brazil has a problem with child prostitution and other crime, I've read). Africa wouldn't be as good, as I'm pretty sure they don't really have a gaming community and lots of people would have to be vaccinated and stuff first. Canada would also be a good place.
I think that the next one should be either in Canada, New Zealand, Australia or somewhere in Europe (like England, Germany, Switzerland or Sweden).