Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Efficiency V?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1

Ratex98
    Ratex98

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Minecraft: RATEXmegaGAMER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

So today I was combining my enchanted diamond pickaxes (Efficiency IV, Fortune III + Efficiency IV, Unbreaking III) and the outcome of it was a pickaxe that had the Efficiency V, Fortune III and Unbreaking III. Is this just a bug or is it meant to be like this?

Register or log in to remove.

#2

ngsizzle
    ngsizzle

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostRatex98, on 05 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

So today I was combining my enchanted diamond pickaxes (Efficiency IV, Fortune III + Efficiency IV, Unbreaking III) and the outcome of it was a pickaxe that had the Efficiency V, Fortune III and Unbreaking III. Is this just a bug or is it meant to be like this?

It's meant to be like this. When 1.3 (I believe) came out they got rid of level 5 enchantments. Apparently they decided to add it back in, except it's only obtainable through anvil.

#3

Kratos15354

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

The 30 levels you can spend at an enchanting table are not enough to get certain high level enchantments like Efficiency 5 and Power 5.  The anvil lets you use more levels when combining enchantments, allowing you to once again get these supreme enchantments.

#4

Worldsshrugged
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: Edwardos
  • Xbox:Pyrarson

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

You have fortune 3? You lucky ­!
My parkour map. Do you have the skill?

#5

Dabonez
    Dabonez

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

View PostWorldsshrugged, on 06 November 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

You have fortune 3? You lucky ­!

Did you even try enchanting nowadays? Like half the lvl 30 pickaxes I make are Unbreaking 3, Efficiency 4, Fortune 3... I wish it was rarer.

#6

Moranic
    Moranic

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1827 posts
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: Moranic

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

It happens when 2 picks have the same enchantment and the same level of enchantment. Then the level upgrades by 1. Also, you could always get Efficiency V, but only through mods/editing NBT file.
Posted Image

#7

JTTCOTE2
    JTTCOTE2

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Back in 1.2.5 you could always get Eff V without anvils. I still have a Eff V Unbreaking III Fortune III pick - godpick - from 1.2.5. Sadly now those are easily obtainable.

#8

mellamokb

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

I wouldn't recommend making an Eff V, Unbreaking III, Fortune III pick, because you can't repair it (too expensive).  Save your Eff V for a non-Fortune pick you use for mining -- your Fortune III doesn't need to be so fast.

#9

Ratex98
    Ratex98

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Minecraft: RATEXmegaGAMER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostKratos15354, on 06 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

The 30 levels you can spend at an enchanting table are not enough to get certain high level enchantments like Efficiency 5 and Power 5.  The anvil lets you use more levels when combining enchantments, allowing you to once again get these supreme enchantments.

So instead of using Efficiency IV in both picks could I use Efficiency IV and Efficiency I to get the Efficiency V enchant?

View PostDabonez, on 06 November 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Did you even try enchanting nowadays? Like half the lvl 30 pickaxes I make are Unbreaking 3, Efficiency 4, Fortune 3... I wish it was rarer.

Agreed xD

View PostMoranic, on 06 November 2012 - 08:57 AM, said:

It happens when 2 picks have the same enchantment and the same level of enchantment. Then the level upgrades by 1. Also, you could always get Efficiency V, but only through mods/editing NBT file.

I know, that's why I asked if it was some glitch.

View Postmellamokb, on 06 November 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

I wouldn't recommend making an Eff V, Unbreaking III, Fortune III pick, because you can't repair it (too expensive).  Save your Eff V for a non-Fortune pick you use for mining -- your Fortune III doesn't need to be so fast.

You know that you can just use diamonds to fix it? But yes I think it's too fast as well.

#10

st33lv1nes

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

I dunno, but I don't know why you're complaining. Efficiency V sounds pretty damn good to me, bug or not.

"Kudos"? No. You can have one Kudo. ONE.


#11

Avalen
    Avalen

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 465 posts
  • Location: Finland
  • Minecraft: Avalen

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Anvils work so that two of the same strength enchantment combined up it a notch. Efficiency III + Efficiency III = Efficiency IV. As such combining to Efficiency IV enchantments create an Efficiency V. They decided to add it in for the anvil update because Mojang seems to be unable to make up their minds about any updates these days.

#12

Ratex98
    Ratex98

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 66 posts
  • Minecraft: RATEXmegaGAMER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

View Postst33lv1nes, on 06 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

I dunno, but I don't know why you're complaining. Efficiency V sounds pretty damn good to me, bug or not.

And when was that?

#13

Tehgamergod

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

Efficiency V is only obtainable through anvil. However you can still obtain Smite V and Power V from a enchantment table

#14

gaslampkiller

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

yup
Sick of using oversaturated DOWNLOADABLE SPAWNS? Head over to MINECRAFTSPAWNS.COM and PURCHASE an AFFORDABLE and SLEAK MINECRAFT SERVER SPAWN! Our gallery of SPAWNS  is PACKED so what are you waiting for? We also make CUSTOM SPAWNS just for YOU! Order a CUSTOM MINECRAFT SPAWN at MINECRAFTSERVERS.COM

#15

DarkForce2000

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Have a read up on the wiki about enchanting.
It can be really confusing., but you should be able to understand it quickly.
http://minecraft.gam....com/Enchanting

Posted Image


#16

KarlAhern
    KarlAhern

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1428 posts
  • Minecraft: KarlAhern

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostKratos15354, on 06 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

The 30 levels you can spend at an enchanting table are not enough to get certain high level enchantments like Efficiency 5 and Power 5.  The anvil lets you use more levels when combining enchantments, allowing you to once again get these supreme enchantments.
This^