• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7/1.6/][128X 64X]**CHROMA HILLS RPG/Cartoon**Official SEUS pack****UPDATE V1.0.7 LIVE!****32x WIP! pg 192****Iron Golem pg202 BookGUI pg203****

server open & 1 million+ dl

• Please log in to reply
4059 replies to this topic

Poll: 32x resource pack (386 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you use Chroma Hills if it was made in 32x?

1. Yes! I can't use the higher detail packs it would be great! (105 votes [27.20%])

Percentage of vote: 27.20%

2. I have no problem running the current pack sizes. (204 votes [52.85%])

Percentage of vote: 52.85%

3. I actually prefer how 32x packs look in Minecraft, so yes! (77 votes [19.95%])

Percentage of vote: 19.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

InfinityNetwork

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostSynthesizer, on 03 March 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

Wow... Great building! I've noticed you are using a unreleased (not even dev release) SEUS shaderpack.
Also, what are you specs? (I've either forgotten or never asked)

Edit: From the looks of it, this server sounds like it has massive amounts of work and not necessarily massive amounts of people (from the custom items, server management, map design, and technical problems overcome).

It sure was a big project! We have come so far and it has took a long long time to finally get to this stage, we're all very excited!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SycloneSJS

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

View PostSynthesizer, on 03 March 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

Wow... Great building! I've noticed you are using a unreleased (not even dev release) SEUS shaderpack.
Also, what are you specs? (I've either forgotten or never asked)

Edit: From the looks of it, this server sounds like it has massive amounts of work and not necessarily massive amounts of people (from the custom items, server management, map design, and technical problems overcome).

The build quality is really high it had to be, main builder is a master and there's been other people giving a hand here and there :)
Some of the builds in the world are just awesome also.

Its been such a big project and yes we aren't that big a team 6 core members and round 6 mods at the ready........it will grow!

Yeah as always I'm playing with various SEUS builds helping Cody out. Umm specs are i7 clocked to 3.8,32gb ram (2 allocatated to MC) and a 780gtx. My current motherboard is bottle necking my GPU so an upgrade to that at the CPU will happen later.

View PostAgarthan, on 03 March 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

The light gray wool seems to be more white than the regular wool.

Yeah i want to improve all the wools and tweak the colours they have been the same from the start of the pack!

View PostSharkyGAMER, on 03 March 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Wow, spawn looks amazing! Glad to be part of what will hopefully be the ongoing success of the Chroma Hills server as a member of staff. Really does look genuinely fantastic, much better than what I was expecting. Genuinely excited.

Awesome to hear sharky, I hope people love it........it's been so much work for the team and me jumping from the pack and helping with server has been some looooong days/nights for many months :)

View PostDitchy87, on 03 March 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

Looking forward indeed, roll on friday! Posted Image

I'm so excited BUT so nervous to see what people make of it as are we ALL at server HQ!  Syc'sstressingalittle.com *bites nails*

Posted Image
Thank you for well over 1,000,000 downloads! Official Chroma Hills server IP Chromahills.net

Ditchy87
  • Minecraft: ditchy87

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

View PostSycloneSJS, on 04 March 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

I'm so excited BUT so nervous to see what people make of it as are we ALL at server HQ!  Syc'sstressingalittle.com *bites nails*

Well I Hope 'n' pray the servers dont melt under the stress of launch, but hey, you got some pretty beefy hardware supporting this, so all should be cool :D
Posted Image

miningdigger

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

oh don't worry guys the server is awesome, can't wait to be there at the launch for all of you to pour on through, i am sure you'll love it, for i sure do, (but dips on 0,0, that's mine now)
the dungeons and map gen are/is fab- and i saw less than a 1/100 of it, and none of the non foresty biomes, so yeh even us mods have not a full picture of the server, so look forward to exploring it with you guys

FulGore1295

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

When I use SEUS Standard, the water looks like this. Anyone have a solution as to why it shows up like that?
Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

View PostDitchy87, on 04 March 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Well I Hope 'n' pray the servers dont melt under the stress of launch, but hey, you got some pretty beefy hardware supporting this, so all should be cool :D

View Postminingdigger, on 04 March 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

oh don't worry guys the server is awesome, can't wait to be there at the launch for all of you to pour on through, i am sure you'll love it, for i sure do, (but dips on 0,0, that's mine now) the dungeons and map gen are/is fab- and i saw less than a 1/100 of it, and none of the non foresty biomes, so yeh even us mods have not a full picture of the server, so look forward to exploring it with you guys

Oh yes you have seen a tiny piece of whats to come :D    In fact the maps SO vast (we think a record breaker) that we have only see such a small amount also!

View PostFulGore1295, on 05 March 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

When I use SEUS Standard, the water looks like this. Anyone have a solution as to why it shows up like that? [/IMG]

Hmm that could be a number of things, what are your PC specs and does it mess up with other shaders also?

So i was just wandering about the server turned the corner and Eeeeek!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thank you for well over 1,000,000 downloads! Official Chroma Hills server IP Chromahills.net

FulGore1295

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

It does it to a few others, but then there are others that look fine. It also looks fine with SEUS ULTRA, but I can't run the ultra version.

I also noticed the smoke from the torches looks funky as well.

My specs:
Intel Core i5
4GB of ram
GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Henry_Plays_MC

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

So I need this texturepack to make SEUS Shaders work? Or what? Please help

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Flippin' heck! :o I've just spent the past hour catching up with all the amazing stuff you've been working on...mainly because I'm feeling slightly burned out at the moment (I really hope it's not just me that gets tired from time to time of all the endless round of texturing).

Anyways, it cheers me up just seeing all the bright and cheery style of things here. :) You know us texture pack artists who work on dark, evil looking texture packs should get 'danger' money or something...at least enough for us to seek medical advice from time to time...it's just not fair! :D

Righto, I'm just going to see how out of date my last download of Chroma Hills is and then I can depress myself even more by skipping through my usually dark worlds with my Chroma Hills specs on. Whoops! I meant depress myself at 'my lack of talent and enthusiasm', not casting aspersions at your pack being depressing or anything! Flip! very nearly put the proverbial foot in it there!! :o

Oooo! A Chroma Hills server too! When are you going to get some sleep? I bet you're really the re-incarnated spirit of Salvadore Dali aren't you. He once stated he only needed as much sleep as the time it took for a glass of wine, as he nodded off, to fall from his hand and hit the floor. I'm somewhat similar actually...but my technique involves working until my head inadvertently hits the keyboard with a loud thwunk...my best edits come with a head thwunk! :D
Posted Image

miningdigger

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

glimmer, that may just be the best comment ever made on this chat forum, especially the bit about your "technique"
lol and can't wait to see all you lot on friday night- go to chromahills.com for more detail
please be aware there is a limit to server capacity, please don't rage if can't make it, the map is big enough for all to share, and as always, enjoy your time (when it is up)

View PostHenry_Plays_MC, on 06 March 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

So I need this texturepack to make SEUS Shaders work? Or what? Please help

no henry, it just that the pack is now cody's (SEUS creator) pack to make shaders work with- so shaders and shader effects are optimsed for chroma hills, you can still run the shaders without chroma hills.
hope this helps and hope you like the pack

SycloneSJS

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostFulGore1295, on 06 March 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

It does it to a few others, but then there are others that look fine. It also looks fine with SEUS ULTRA, but I can't run the ultra version.

I also noticed the smoke from the torches looks funky as well.

My specs:
Intel Core i5
4GB of ram
GeForce GTX 660 Ti

That spec should not cause you issues really, hmmm it might be better to post you error on the SEUS thread as there are more people who can help there. It wont be my texture pack thats causing it at least. Good luck with getting it sorted.

View PostGlimmar, on 06 March 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Flippin' heck! Posted Image I've just spent the past hour catching up with all the amazing stuff you've been working on...mainly because I'm feeling slightly burned out at the moment (I really hope it's not just me that gets tired from time to time of all the endless round of texturing).

Snipppy........

The Glimmer man finding a WHOLE hr to spend looking over little 'ol me's scribblings......well i'm honored :)

"I will reply in more detail my man but i must just say to everyone"

3 hours to server LAUNCH!!! Here's a little something i put together............

Posted Image

iLikeGaming782
  • Minecraft: iLikeGaming782

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

*HYPE* I've got the ChromaHills site up with the server countdown just waiting, 2 hours to go!
Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostiLikeGaming782, on 07 March 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

*HYPE* I've got the ChromaHills site up with the server countdown just waiting, 2 hours to go!

Refresh the page! I had the timer on the wrong time zone :D

20 mins to go! :D

Posted Image

pieisnotpi
  • Minecraft: rtevans12

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Wow, I'll definitely be there at launch then! :D

iLikeGaming782

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Damnit Syc, you didn't change the countdown on the Servers page, only the homepage. I missed the opening D:
Posted Image

pieisnotpi
  • Minecraft: rtevans12

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

Look on the bright side of this... atleast you'll have an opportunity to update anything that was outdated on the thread! :D

Freedomna
    Freedomna

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2059 posts
  • Minecraft: Freedomna
  • Xbox:Freedomna

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:35 AM

Any love for the Shader version? It is still on 1.5 :(
I put the fun in FUNDAMENTALIST EXTREMISM!

SycloneSJS

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

View PostiLikeGaming782, on 07 March 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

Damnit Syc, you didn't change the countdown on the Servers page, only the homepage. I missed the opening D:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooopsy. Can i use tiredness as an excuse, 3 days/nights straight with the team trying to get the server to not miss launch Posted Image Got a few hours sleep but wired on COFFEE mostly.....gibber , gibber

View PostFreedomna, on 08 March 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

Any love for the Shader version? It is still on 1.5 Posted Image

Nooo use the 1.7 pack its has all the shader support in it Posted Image

I must remove the old shader pack version and make it clearer to people!

Over 300 hundred players came on and counting in half a day of server launch and the pack is really close to 1 million downloads!!  Wow, wow, wow........gibber, gibber....

Posted Image

iLikeGaming782

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostSycloneSJS, on 08 March 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

Oooooooooooooooooooooooopsy. Can i use tiredness as an excuse, 3 days/nights straight with the team trying to get the server to not miss launch Posted Image Got a few hours sleep but wired on COFFEE mostly.....gibber , gibber

Nooo use the 1.7 pack its has all the shader support in it Posted Image

I must remove the old shader pack version and make it clearer to people!

Over 300 hundred players came on and counting in half a day of server launch and the pack is really close to 1 million downloads!!  Wow, wow, wow........gibber, gibber....
NO, your not allowed to be tired! Your only allowed to work and fix things! But seriously the launch went really well, everyone was really friendly. It was great.
Posted Image

Vontia
    Vontia

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

Wow.. This looks good.