• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7/1.6/][128X 64X]**CHROMA HILLS RPG/Cartoon**Official SEUS pack****UPDATE V1.0.7 LIVE!****32x WIP! pg 192****Iron Golem pg202 BookGUI pg203****

server open & 1 million+ dl

• Please log in to reply
4045 replies to this topic

Poll: 32x resource pack (362 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you use Chroma Hills if it was made in 32x?

1. Yes! I can't use the higher detail packs it would be great! (100 votes [27.62%])

Percentage of vote: 27.62%

2. I have no problem running the current pack sizes. (189 votes [52.21%])

Percentage of vote: 52.21%

3. I actually prefer how 32x packs look in Minecraft, so yes! (73 votes [20.17%])

Percentage of vote: 20.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

thewingedshadow

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

It gets better and better. I'm impatiently waiting for  the terrain file. I'd use it right away.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Floating_Pickle

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

I reallllyyyy llike the snow block, great job.

Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View Postthewingedshadow, on 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

It gets better and better. I'm impatiently waiting for  the terrain file. I'd use it right away.

Thanks :) just gotta hold on a  little while longer, more blocks on the go.

View PostFloating_Pickle, on 20 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

I reallllyyyy llike the snow block, great job.

Thanks for the feedback glad you like it.

Posted Image
Thank you for well over 1,000,000 downloads! Official Chroma Hills server IP Chromahills.net

Floating_Pickle

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostSycloneSJS, on 20 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

Thanks Posted Image just gotta hold on a  little while longer, more blocks on the go.

Thanks for the feedback glad you like it.
Oh yeah, and I love the diamond ore :)

Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Feedback please guys 'n' gals on Birch bark, had a hard time with this one and been tweaking it for a while. Might re visit it later on as didn't enjoy my time with it.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thank you for well over 1,000,000 downloads! Official Chroma Hills server IP Chromahills.net

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts
  • Minecraft: corner_g

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

The birch looks great, and would definitely satisfy me. But if you ever go back to it, comparing to real birch, you should add some small black bits, and some slightly peach coloured spaces (you'll know what I mean if you compare it to real birch bark). But that looks good now! Well done. Posted Image

Fare well everyone! My time to retire has come!
"And with that, POW! I'm gone."
---Lord Crump

Posted Image

AleXndrTheGr8st

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

I agree with corner, that birch looks really good, probably won't need a revisit Posted Image

I do have some questions about the future of the pack. Do you plan to add support for Connected Textures (including the random textures, I think it was called Natural Textures for a while), Random Mobs, and just general mods?

The reason I ask is because I would love to be able to have textures for my SimpleOres mod that match this pack. I could do it myself if I have your permission, or you could do it if you wanted Posted Image supporting mods can get tricky though, so I understand if you don't want to go down that path Posted Image

Thank you, and keep up the amazing work Posted Image

EDIT: Also, another future question: Will you add animated items (mainly torches), so that they are animated when you hold them in your hand? I have seen some packs do this and it really is a great touch :)

Posted Image

Moozipan

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostSycloneSJS, on 20 November 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

Feed back please guys 'n' gals on Birch bark, had a hard time with this one and been tweaking it for a while. Might re visit it later on as didn't enjoy my time with it.
I don´t like the birch so much - it´s a bit unnatural in colour, the dark spots are too uniform in size and it could use more roundness. So I would suggest that you add more variety in the size of the dark spots, give them more yellow/brown, maybe add some peeled off bark parts and add shading and colour to the left and right edges of the block.

But I understand if you want to do that at a later time, because birches are a real pain to texture and it is looking good enough for now.

Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

View Postcorner_g, on 20 November 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

The birch looks great, and would definitely satisfy me. But if you ever go back to it, comparing to real birch, you should add some small black bits, and some slightly peach coloured spaces (you'll know what I mean if you compare it to real birch bark). But that looks good now! Well done. Posted Image

View PostMoozipan, on 20 November 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

I don´t like the birch so much - it´s a bit unnatural in colour, the dark spots are too uniform in size and it could use more roundness. So I would suggest that you add more variety in the size of the dark spots, give them more yellow/brown, maybe add some peeled off bark parts and add shading and colour to the left and right edges of the block.

But I understand if you want to do that at a later time, because birches are a real pain to texture and it is looking good enough for now.

Yep i will have quick play and tweak with your suggestions and leave the thing alone for now grrr Posted Image

You both should have new terrain/gui files now? What did you think of the hud Moo?

Mr Corner, what block/blocks should i do next i'm feeling indecisive tonight so a little push helps the brain cells Posted Image

Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostAleXndrTheGr8st, on 20 November 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

I agree with corner, that birch looks really good, probably won't need a revisit Posted Image

I do have some questions about the future of the pack. Do you plan to add support for Connected Textures (including the random textures, I think it was called Natural Textures for a while), Random Mobs, and just general mods?

The reason I ask is because I would love to be able to have textures for my SimpleOres mod that match this pack. I could do it myself if I have your permission, or you could do it if you wanted Posted Image supporting mods can get tricky though, so I understand if you don't want to go down that path Posted Image

Thank you, and keep up the amazing work Posted Image

EDIT: Also, another future question: Will you add animated items (mainly torches), so that they are animated when you hold them in your hand? I have seen some packs do this and it really is a great touch Posted Image

Phew.... lots of wants there Posted Image Posted Image

Well, there's a lot to do just to get the basic pack done so first things first get the basics out of the way.

Mods that are in the early stages i will have it running with will be, Shaders Sonic Ether, Connected textures on a basic level, with a more advanced stage later on if time permits

TEKKIT will get support but will take some time, there is a LOT of blocks/Items but i'm looking forward to making the machine based blocks.....should be fun.

Mobs, i really havent put any thought into till i'm happy with how the world looks/feels in the early stages we will see.

I will have to take a look at your Simple Ores mod :)

A lot will depend if people like the pack, if it gets popular and there's a demand for more content.

I guess spread the word, if it goes down well it helps motivate to contine adding and support peoples wishes Posted Image

Posted Image

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostSycloneSJS, on 20 November 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Mr Corner, what block/blocks should i do next i'm feeling indecisive tonight so a little push helps the brain cells Posted Image

Well, I guess the stone bricks? They're my personal favourite textures to make, but they can be difficult in my opinion, especially with 128x128, so the stone brick is what I'd like to see, but only if you feel like working on them. :)

---Lord Crump

Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Before i move on to the Stone Brick.

Any better?

Posted Image

Posted Image

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

That's even nicer, the colour has a warmer feel, and the black bits add to the realism!

---Lord Crump

Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postcorner_g, on 20 November 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

That's even nicer, the colour has a warmer feel, and the black bits add to the realism!

Its fits the pack better colour wise, just as you said "warmer" YESS i can leave it alone for now :D........Okay on to the bricks.

How did you get on with the menu buttons?

Posted Image

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostSycloneSJS, on 20 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Its fits the pack better colour wise, just as you said "warmer" YESS i can leave it alone for now Posted Image........Okay on to the bricks.

How did you get on with the menu buttons?

Well, I only got one done, but then when you sent the updated images over, I decided that making those buttons was very time consuming, when the wood version was if anything worse, as it seemed very busy, more so than the cobble version. I'm sorry to say, but I saved over the one I started. I have my Definitance pack and an entire pack to work on for the painting palette contest that I need to work on, so I didn't have time to work on them when the outcome wasn't looking promising.

Can't wait for the stone brick! The last blocks you've been working on were things like iron blocks, bars, birch, etc. so I'd like to see another stone related block, it should look good. Based on your stone and cobble, you seem quite capable of making stone textures!

---Lord Crump

Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postcorner_g, on 20 November 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

Well, I only got one done, but then when you sent the updated images over, I decided that making those buttons was very time consuming, when the wood version was if anything worse, as it seemed very busy, more so than the cobble version. I'm sorry to say, but I saved over the one I started. I have my Definitance pack and an entire pack to work on for the painting palette contest that I need to work on, so I didn't have time to work on them when the outcome wasn't looking promising.

Can't wait for the stone brick! The last blocks you've been working on were things like iron blocks, bars, birch, etc. so I'd like to see another stone related block, it should look good. Based on your stone and cobble, you seem quite capable of making stone textures!

Hey not a problem at all, i know you have a lot on so was surprised you offered so thanks for the time. I'll look at the GUI buttons a bit later Posted Image

Okay, WIP on the stone brick still working on the style so they have similar look to the stone. Did try them 3 high but looked too big so changed to 4 high.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

XBOXLive2012

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

awesome

DarkCruzan
  • Minecraft: fatpuppycoffee

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Keep up the wonderful work you are doing Syclone! You have the beginnings of a great texture pack.

minihilly
    minihilly

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3387 posts
  • Minecraft: minihilly

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm fairly certain that this pack will become one of the most popular packs of all time.

Of. All. Time.

Seriously great work, and you're notably fast(er) than most artists out here, and yet your work is still high-standard
*is jelly*

corner_g
    corner_g

Retired One

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 3010 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

That stone brick looks very nice, and very realistic. Well done! I do think though, that they could use a bit more edge shading. They have a great amount of cracks and deformations to look realistic, but the edges seem like they could use some more light shading on the two sides and dark shading on two sides, so it seems a bit more 3D. I notice though that they seem to have the level of detail I'd expect to see in a 2 brick tall pattern, I only noticed when I read that they were 4 bricks tall. They are really detailed!

Edit:

View Postminihilly, on 21 November 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

I'm fairly certain that this pack will become one of the most popular packs of all time.

Of. All. Time.

Seriously great work, and you're notably fast(er) than most artists out here, and yet your work is still high-standard
*is jelly*

Yeah, you may be one of the few people that can make textures fast enough to keep up with Minecraft's updates as well as work on other things to completion! And you'd be the only person I know of who could do it with an HD pack, let alone a 128x128!

---Lord Crump

Posted Image