Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Xhamolk_'s Advanced Crafting Table v0.4.3
for MC 1.6.4

Since I am a lazy and absent-minded person, I created a mod that would ease myself from having to learn recipes for crafting stuff. So here it is:

Description:
Spoiler:

XACT Features:
  • Portability: You can carry around a portable crafting tool anywhere you go. Simply bring your Craft Pad with you anywhere you go and right click it to open it's User Interface (GUI), which has a crafting grid.
  • Easy crafting: Ever thought that, in order to craft multiple items, manually placing the ingredients on the exact quantities on the grid was a lot of trouble? The XACT Crafter is the stationary, heavy use, crafting machine that relieves that pain off your back. Once a recipe is set, it will take the ingredients from the resources buffer into the grid, so you can craft as many sets as you want, without having anything to worry too much about.
  • Missing Ingredients: The crafting devices will let you know if you are missing ingredients for your crafts. The grid slots missing ingredients will become red.
  • Store Recipes: Modded Minecraft adds a lot of game-play, but also a lot of recipes. Since some of them are frequently used a lot, XACT let's you store your frequently-used recipes into Recipe Chips. You can carry them around with you on the Chip Case, which can hold up to 30 recipes.
  • Automation: You can keep the resources for the XACT Crafter supplied through Buildcraft Pipes or RP2 Tubes (feed from any side).
  • NEI integration: Import recipes into the crafting grid directly from NEI.
  • The vanilla workbench is now able to keep it's contents after the GUI is closed.
  • Did I mentioned that holding shift on the GUIs might reveal something that is hidden?
  • Modular Powersuits integration: You can install the CraftPad module into the MPS Power Gauntlet, so you always carrying a smart crafting table with you.
Recipes:
Spoiler:

Credits:
  • Eloraam: for creating and maintaining Red Power, which is the mod that inspired me to make this one.
  • ChickenBones: for his help throughout the development of the NEI Plugin (now integrated into the mod).
  • Samidare: for his help during the development of this mod.
  • Asajev: for creating the machine's textures.
  • mssodin28: for adding configurable key bindings and NEI usage handler.
Installation and download:
Spoiler:

Media:
Spoiler:

• Follow me on Twitter: @_Xhamolk
  • IRC: you can usually find me on #xact at irc.esper.net
  • Blog: I'll set up a one soon, so you can follow the development and the newer features of this of this mod.

Edited by Xhamolk_, 13 December 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Try my mod:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Hog_blast

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Looks cool I might try this out :D
Posted Image

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Go ahead, you will like it ;)
Try my mod:

Posted Image

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Updated to the latest forge.
Try my mod:

Posted Image

tedyhere

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

I will definately be giving this a try soon.  If I like it I will spotlight it and include it into my let's play
Posted Image

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

That's amazing! Please do so.
Try my mod:

Posted Image

tedyhere

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Not sure if I like the fact that it eats your ingerdients to make a chip.  But the only thing I see is the not updating when you pick an item up you made.   I think I will be looking forward to this once that bug is fixed.  Would hate to show it off with a bug about it not updating when you pick the item you just made up.

Good job
Posted Image

Dukfan
    Dukfan

Carpenter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Minecraft: Dukfan
  • Xbox:dukfan0

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

LOOKS PETTY FRICKING AWESOME! I think some of it's a bit too expensive tho, ive seen mods like this with much more reasonable prices. BUT AWESOME ANYWAYS

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Great, you guys liked it.

The sync issue might be already fixed,  I just need to test it before I release the next version.

Also, I've reconsidered it and decided the chips won't consume the items; as there are very expensive recipes floating around.

However, I won't lower the machine's recipe cost, since there are the only way to create chips; which will have a neat use in the near future.
Y'all wait and see.
Try my mod:

Posted Image

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Update to Beta-0.1.3. Fixed the sync issue.
Try my mod:

Posted Image

tedyhere

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

I will definately download the update when I get home from work today and check it out
Posted Image

General_Rich

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Beings this is an ADVANCED crafting table mod, could you make a crafting table that you can slect what to craft... granted it would cost alot... but I need a crafting table that can do this because alot of mods tend to overlap in recipes... not very often... but it is annoying.
If you can do this, then this would be my favorite crafting mod.

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'll be releasing a new version in a couple of hours.
Upcoming features:
- The encoder won't eat the resources when encoding a recipe into a chip.
- The encoder's "result" slot will function as a normal crafting table. I saw the need on the majority of scenarios.
- The recipes will be encoded when the recipe chip is picked up.

@General_Rich, I'm not entirely sure if I understood what you said. You want a crafting table that is able to let you choose between the recipes with the same pattern? In other words, to be able to iterate through the "overlapping" recipes?
If that's the case, it's not possible. The way recipes are handled in vanilla MC causes new recipes to overwrite the old ones, if the same pattern matches.
Try my mod:

Posted Image

General_Rich

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

I've seen overlapped recipes craft two things before... And I have seen mods that allow for this... they just haven't updated. If they wre updated I wouldn't be asking.

Bellaabzug21

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I like it, reminds me of RP2s project table a bit.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

@General_Rich link me to those mods, so I can understand what you are saying.

Updated to Beta-0.1.4. Everything works correctly now.

Anyone interested on making a spotlight, now it's safe. It'd be very appreciated.
Try my mod:

Posted Image

Asajev
    Asajev

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hi guys welcome to this mod, I am excited to see it finally made it into this stage of development. As  Xhamolk_ pointed out I made the textures for the blocks. They were made based on his request and I am proud to see them finally in game. I will be hosting a spotlight in the next day or so in my minecraft youtube channel so if you are interested in viewing the mod before installing it stay tune. I would also like to congratulate Xhamolk_ on the creation of this mod. As some one said it reminds me of the RedPower2 Project Table. The main different I feel is that it combines the feel of what Buildcraft Automatic Tables and the RedPower2 Project table would be if you combined them. Please direct any comments about the textures to me if you have any questions and I will try to answer any questions relating to the mod as much as I can.

SuperAmos
  • Location: In a seat, next to my computer, in The Betweenlands
  • Minecraft: Amos757

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Looks intresting i may try it.

Rekrab
    Rekrab

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Minecraft: rekrabhpesoj

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I like the origionality of this mod

Posted Image

Xhamolk_
    Xhamolk_

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Updated to beta 0.1.5. Works flawlessly now.
Try my mod:

Posted Image