Latest News Article

FarLands Mod

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

arkume8beltz
  • Minecraft: Arkume Beltz

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image
At first stages of minecraft farlands start in 12,550,820,later 30,000,000,now 32,000,000...
O.K.The idea was..at the last 2,000,000 start to work's the mod..in 30,000,000 in the infinite ocean of overworld,the mob start generating weird islands with diferent sizes..in this islands spawn the discarted mobs..

humans/Steve: That was like villagers but neutral,are hostile to pigmen..you can trade with it useing rubies..(a new ore in farlands..)have his type of villages diferent of the testificates..

Pigmen:(not zombie pigmen..)That was neutral mobs like the zombie pigmen but you can trade with it useing rubies..(was hostile with humans..)have his own type of villages diferent than testificates and humans/Steve..

Giants Zombies:the zombie skin giant a hard hostile mob..exist in minecraft but don't spawn..have 1/4 of the live of the enderdragon..you need enchanted diamond equip to defeat it..can infect usual giants..  

Giant humans:like the other giants with Steve skin a neutral mob like zombi pigmen..like it's zombie verison have a lot of life and make a lot of damage..better only fight with it if you have diamond equip enchanted..(all type of giants give you 10 XP..)

Toad: pasibe mob..can heal your life if you walk near it..

That new biome was 2/3 from that 2,000,000..

Last 1/4 is just like far lands,but you can walk construct,etc..(the distance between both biomes was a transition..mixing both..)

1,000,000(the half of that territory)Herobrine have a little posibilitie to spawn..(like his mod without use his totem..)At the last 1/3 was like you use the totem..the last 1/4 was your nightmare..spawning more than the Herobrine mod..

At 2nd 3th of that 2,000,000,start generateing a little part of untouchable blocks with any texture..(like in other side of farlands..only 5%)that number grow's slowly in number to make a transition between 0% of usual overworld,that 5% and 100% from the other side of farlands..in 32,000,000..
Surviving near Farlands..

Register or log in to remove.

arkume8beltz

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

The idea was combined with other mods,if you are bored from nether,overworld and end,can visite this chaotic extensión of the map..
Imagine the forgoted mobs(and minecraft urban legends..)wasn't out from minecraftia..only that mobs was trying to survive at end of the Notch and Geb world..i like the mod of Herobrine,(need's make better the traps,but was funny..)the problem was need's use the totem..if Herobrine was free,but only near farlands,you can use TP to go to this cordenades,or continue playing in the normal overworld..(herobrine don't go in usual overworld..and don't make troubles to you in that..)the idea from to factions,pigmen and humans i think can be interesting..if you help 1 faction and have survivors of the other,the other faction can be your enemy..both factions can use tools,weapons and armours..(have the double of probabilities than zombies..)

The last 1/3 of "farlands"can be a crazy maze..both factions can have villages here,but less than 2nd 1/3 of farlands..herobrine can"create"a evil version of all 3 mobs..zombi pigmen can infect pigmen,zombies infected humans..giant zombies or zombies can infected giant Steve..
Other new mob can be a giant skeleton..(that haben't bow..)and skeleton pigmen..

arkume8beltz

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Anypeople think something about that idea?Was stupid?Was boreing?You wouldn't go to farlands?
I think was a form to explore overworld..farlands was a forgeted zone..why not give to that zone some interest..
O.K. first need make something with the ocean,snow biomes,the Nether and the End..but why not anticipate and make a mod who anyone thinks now?
That zone remember the north or chaos lands from warhammer fantasy..or the elemental/"fairy"realms from Exalted of white wolf..

Kazini
    Kazini

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Minecraft: KaziniLooper

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

i think is a cool idea, but modders dont help us, the mod requesters :(

Im Uruguayan. I Understand the english, but not speak it very good, But i love Minecraft :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

arkume8beltz

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I see..

View PostKazini, on 10 November 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

i think is a cool idea, but modders dont help us, the mod requesters Posted Image
That's a pity..I see diferent mods with old Mojang ideas..like the rediscovered mob,humans mod,herobrine mod,i think was make a pack with that but with the option to only spawn near farlands..(the problem was that need change part from the code to spawn in that zone,an to expanded part of the farlands chaotic "biome"..being able to walk in that zone..)
Thank you very much to post..(i start to think nobody like that idea..)saludos desde España!Posted Image

Enderman419
  • Minecraft: JP53242

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

HELLO!!! By coincidence, I happen to be a coder/modder :D

I can help you but this IS a little far fetched :P. It will take a while

Kazini
    Kazini

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

maybe in the start you can make the old farlands in the new, the old farlands are cool, in the new you simply fall out of the world... thats sucks. the old farlands like ant farms are extremly cool, i think you put a little bit more distance than the olders but no too far like the actualy farlands. herobrine only spawns in the "antfarm" farlands, not generated structures by herobrine there, and the zombie pigmen are a good idea.

Im Uruguayan. I Understand the english, but not speak it very good, But i love Minecraft :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

arkume8beltz

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostKazini, on 11 November 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

maybe in the start you can make the old farlands in the new, the old farlands are cool, in the new you simply fall out of the world... thats sucks. the old farlands like ant farms are extremly cool, i think you put a little bit more distance than the olders but no too far like the actualy farlands. herobrine only spawns in the "antfarm" farlands, not generated structures by herobrine there, and the zombie pigmen are a good idea.
I Like the your ideas..it's a pity farlands only was a place to go out from the world..(die..)if have a betweening zone to adapted to that..(yes that was the end of the overworld but can be more progresive..and can have it's oun biomes..)the idea is the modder decided the exact distance..the most older distance i think was to near..but the next one was a distance to make the change of insunstiance blocks progresivity..to adapted to think..o.k. if i go mor far obiously i fall down and i be killed..herobrine is a form to say this..you can go the dstance you like..but robably you fall down or be killed before arribed to the really end of the world..(sorry i have the same problem then you to tjhe english..i need more practice..i stay 5 years useing only a few than i learn..and i forget a lot..time ago i stay with people from australia,guatemala,mexico,italia,deutchland,austia,suitzeland,usa,brazilian,etc..but i stay a ot of time in my oun town..)

arkume8beltz

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostEnderman419, on 10 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

HELLO!!! By coincidence, I happen to be a coder/modder Posted Image

I can help you but this IS a little far fetched Posted Image. It will take a while

The time wasn't a problem..but if you can make with sometime something like this was amazing..the idea is make all minecraftia great..a lot of biomes or dimension have it's oun problems,but i think any other think's about farlands..maybe my ideas wasn't posible..but any part you can do make better the minecraft options..my ideas was only that..maybe you have better ideas or form to make it..that was the important thing..farlands was a forgoten zone to the modders..if you make something in it,you be a pioneer in farlands..

Searching my post/topic i see 23 topics with ideas to farlands previous than mine topic..i'm not the first,but i see i'm not the only who want a mod relationed with the end of overworld..maybe the ideas from that 23 others can be compatibles with mine ideas and can make a mod who make happy all..probably have ideas to round off the mod general idea..

Kazini
    Kazini

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

i think only is matter of put part of the old world generator in the new, make a separated world generator, and put in some mobs and BUM!

i wish this mod is avalible some day. the only reason i use Better World Generation is for the farlands.

Posted ImagePosted Image

arkume8beltz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostKazini, on 17 November 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

i think only is matter of put part of the old world generator in the new, make a separated world generator, and put in some mobs and BUM!

i wish this mod is avalible some day. the only reason i use Better World Generation is for the farlands.

Good idea..all ideas you have to make better this mod idea,only need's to post here..(mobs,crafts,items,the form to generate the terrain,the sky,etc..)
thank's to your support!Posted Image

arkume8beltz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

I have other idea..like other herobrine events,in farlands can appears the face of herobrine in the moon..but i have diferent ideas to how that can work..and was diferent options..all wasn't posible..
1)Allways the moon in farlands was herobrine..
2)Have only X probabilities to that..usually was the normal moon,and X night/s have heerobrine face..
3)Herobrine face can appears in any usual moon X time..
4)Like the 3th but appears only tenths of a second..(the idea is..you look around,and see the change in the moon..but was to faster..¿really you see that or was only your imagination..?)
Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image
Only need a transparent layer in front of the moon..maybe was an absurd idea..what do you think?

I was playing with photoshop and i make this..Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
(maybe can be a form to see if work's the mod without go to farlands..XD Lol..yes..was..Posted Image a relly bad fast work..)Posted Image

Kazini
    Kazini

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

View Postarkume8beltz, on 17 November 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

I have other idea..like other herobrine events,in farlands can appears the face of herobrine in the moon..but i have diferent ideas to how that can work..and was diferent options..all wasn't posible..
1)Allways the moon in farlands was herobrine..
2)Have only X probabilities to that..usually was the normal moon,and X night/s have heerobrine face..
3)Herobrine face can appears in any usual moon X time..
4)Like the 3th but appears only tenths of a second..(the idea is..you look around,and see the change in the moon..but was to faster..¿really you see that or was only your imagination..?)
Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image
Only need a transparent layer in front of the moon..maybe was an absurd idea..what do you think?

I was playing with photoshop and i make this..Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
(maybe can be a form to see if work's the mod without go to farlands..XD Lol..yes..was..Posted Image a relly bad fast work..)Posted Image

i think this is very difficult, needs to make 2 sky domes one to each place.

Posted ImagePosted Image

arkume8beltz

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yes

View PostKazini, on 19 November 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

i think this is very difficult, needs to make 2 sky domes one to each place.
Yes..i supose was a weird hard idea..maybe was better only sometimes in farlands apears herobrine face like a transparent clipmask before normal sun..

arkume8beltz

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

The idea still alive..someone think something about it?
Maybe some of the ideas wasn't factibles,but usually you make a house,maybe a 2nd home if you explore and find a better place to live..(cows,other resourses..)i think that be a form to explore more the overworld..somone have other idea..the beds work like in nether the 2nd time if you try to use it,and needs put the bed xxx blocks of distance to re-used..make the zone after farlands a interesting place was other idea,to continue exploring overworld..yes it's to easy use TP to go and return,but maybe if have something diferent,with weird biomes,can be interesting..maybe can add's few new crafts to combined a new ores with the uselless ores like gold and lapislatsuli,etc..to make new potions,tools,etc..(the usual meterials who have a lot in a long play..)that's only 1 idea..have any idea you to make it better..?

More zones from minecraftia was only a little bit more than decorative..(yes.. need's items from nether..but a longplay in nether it's boreing..in others,you only search other biome,or find to beat the enderdragon..)i think that zones need's more atention..snow biomes,ocean biomes,desert,farlands,nether,the end..i think all of this zones need's somekind diferent between the others to make longer play in 1 seed o f world..

Kazini
    Kazini

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

i think the old farlands = COOL

new = Are you seriously?

well... maybe the BWG mod author can help you.

Posted ImagePosted Image

arkume8beltz

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hi everybody..anyone interested to make something like that?

arkume8beltz

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Pigmen can look like this..(pigmen soldiers have a golden sword,have the same protection like the player with golden helmet & golden chest with enchanted with fire protection,pigmen knight have a random enchanted sword,full armour with 1 piece enchanted randomly..)
Posted Image
Posted Image
The pigman knight ride a human..usual pigmen drop pig meat,soldier pigmen drop golden nuggets,pigmen knights drops golden nugget or rubi..

Pigmen knight can ride human something like 1 of that 2 options..(in 1 hand have the golden sword and in the other a fishing rod with golden nugget or other thing..that rided humans have strabismic eyes  like the normal pigs,sheeps,etc..)
Posted Image

The_cLyde
  • Minecraft: The_cLyde

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hello guys. I've read what you talked about, and I can comment on it from my, a modder's perspective.
The farlands are an extremely glitched out area. They are formed like that mostly because of rounding errors from floating point variables.
Now i won't go more technical, but there are a lot of entity glitches involved in that.
All of the stuff is possible to make. Even more, there could be a bunch of different humans, not only Steve, which would be more pleasing to see :D
I'm not sure about the moon thing, but it should be fairly simple to code too, though i can't guarantee it (with keeping the mod fully compatible)
But this mod would take A LOT of work and time. Mostly because it takes a lot of effort to make all the needed creatures, AI, and, most of all, it would be needed to make a code that simulates the behaviour of the farlands generator.
Why nobody is responding?
Someone new to modding and the minecraft source code would have no idea how to pull it off.
What about experienced modders?
If you put in dozens of hours into modding, you would look where you can make a profit.
The only times I would accept to do a mod for free is if i really wanted it in the game
Posted Image

arkume8beltz

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostThe_cLyde, on 08 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Hello guys. I've read what you talked about, and I can comment on it from my, a modder's perspective.
The farlands are an extremely glitched out area. They are formed like that mostly because of rounding errors from floating point variables.
Now i won't go more technical, but there are a lot of entity glitches involved in that.
All of the stuff is possible to make. Even more, there could be a bunch of different humans, not only Steve, which would be more pleasing to see Posted Image
I'm not sure about the moon thing, but it should be fairly simple to code too, though i can't guarantee it (with keeping the mod fully compatible)
But this mod would take A LOT of work and time. Mostly because it takes a lot of effort to make all the needed creatures, AI, and, most of all, it would be needed to make a code that simulates the behaviour of the farlands generator.
Why nobody is responding?
Someone new to modding and the minecraft source code would have no idea how to pull it off.
What about experienced modders?
If you put in dozens of hours into modding, you would look where you can make a profit.
The only times I would accept to do a mod for free is if i really wanted it in the game
I really apreciate a modder coment if are posible that ideas,and what you think about that...

I read diferent topics of people who like the return of old farlands..and i have the idea to..why stop in that..other people like the old biomes,pigmen,other discarded ideas,etc..why not all of that things in the same mod..

As with time Mojang can move the gliched farlands becoming far from the beginnig,i had the idea to a transitions before the true gliched zone..starting to appear gliches progressively at the middle of the false farlands..(Herobrine powers..Posted Image )

I wasn't sure if the idea of the moon can be posible,thank's to explain me maybe that isn't imposible..
As you say would look better with more humans variety than only Steve clones..maybe Steve could be the basis,but with diferent colour clothers combinations,blond hair,black hair,red hair,beardless,with darker or lighter skin..females..
Posted Image
The problem is as you say..hard long time work to a experienced modder/'s...
I started the topic because was inspired,and i thought maybe few of that ideas could use a modder to his Farlands mod,mixing this ideas with theirs,taking only those ideas that would in it..Posted Image

If you did it or other modder friend of you make it in spare times without hurry,i hallucinate in colors..if you don't althought..thank you very much to coment,and coment anytime you want here...(sorry if you don't understand something i write..english isn't my native lenguage..)
Posted Image