Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can't get friends to join my BUKKIT server

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

darklordx123
  • Minecraft: kumailispro

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

I made a Bukkit server, I join through local host -- Its a good server so far. But I can't get my friends to join... I tried every IP in cmd, whatismyip.com also didn't work (with and without 25565). I haven't portforwarded, so I use my Hamachi IP but I entered that into server.properties but that didn't work with a port or without it. I can't use portforward.com because that is outdated for my bell router.
PS I use wireless.

"I came, I saw, I mined."

Register or log in to remove.

Kingpulse
  • Minecraft: Kingpulse

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Okay so if you are wanting your friends to join your server and you are using hamachi here are the steps
Step 1: Create a new hamachi server (note the username and password is case sensitive
step 2: Get them to join the hamachi server
step 3: Write your hamachi ip into your servers properties (usually starts with 5)
step 4: Run your server and then get your friends to connect to your hamachi ip

Here is also a video on youtube that should help you out.

If you need anymore help ill be happy to help
Thanks
Kingpulse

darklordx123

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostKingpulse, on 04 November 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

Okay so if you are wanting your friends to join your server and you are using hamachi here are the steps
Step 1: Create a new hamachi server (note the username and password is case sensitive
step 2: Get them to join the hamachi server
step 3: Write your hamachi ip into your servers properties (usually starts with 5)
step 4: Run your server and then get your friends to connect to your hamachi ip

Here is also a video on youtube that should help you out.

If you need anymore help ill be happy to help
Thanks
Kingpulse
I've tried that, but I will try again tomorrow because my friend is busy for the rest of today. If it works, I'll bump this thread. If it doesn't, I will still bump xD

darklordx123

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Mehhh. I got hamachi working, it was my new firewall. But anyways, I want to portforward... but my bell router is outdated on portforward.com... HELP???

Awesomist
  • Minecraft: Awesomist

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I can try to help if you want. I've got nothing to do for the next hour anyway.
If you have skype it would help.

BeeJesus
    BeeJesus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Just do it yourself. Punch in 192.168.1.1 (username/pass is usually admin/admin, just reset the router if it isn't). Poke around, you'll usually find what you need.

Portforward.com pisses me off because it makes people think that it's the only way to do it.

Rmarmorstein
  • Minecraft: Rmarmorstein
  • Xbox:DSyR x River
  • PSN:eliteriver

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

If the port-forwarding and hamachi are not working for you, i recommend. Purchasing hosting, this is usually pretty cheap, and there is a section on the forum dedicated to server hosting. My 2.5 gigs of ram server, with multicraft is under 12 bucks a month.

It is definitely worth it, and i recommend it. It solves a lot of issues, and it is online 24/7. No hassles with port-forwarding. If you are serious about hosting a server, this is the way to go.

Please Quote me If you are Expecting a Reply!

Rmarmorstein | Retired Staff  | Check out my Server Ghost-Realms!

Follow me: @Rmarmorstein

MineTheFun

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm using a Mac computer, can I get some help please? I have the same problem but I don't use hamachi

jtk89
    jtk89

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostMineTheFun, on 13 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I'm using a Mac computer, can I get some help please? I have the same problem but I don't use hamachi
me too... help would be appreciated

BrianHernando
  • Minecraft: BrianHernando
  • Xbox:BrianHernando

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

I'm running mac aswell, just use Hamachi, its the easiest. Simply get hamachi, your IP address ( Mine is 20.23.120.8 or something ) put that as your IP. then have friends join your Hamachi Network, and you can make multiple networks go to one server if one gets full :)

Like it or leave it!...

Hey, where are you going?!