I know some of you shake your head at me when I write this, but Minecraft has become boring in a sense, its basically a harder creative mode where you can't fly and have to get your own materials. This may just be me, but I don't think so. So i had the idea, "lets look for a challenge to do.". I didn't find a single challenge updated for 1.4.2/1.4.3. I know this update just came about, but I didn't find anything at all like this, for any of the releases. So that's what I'm doing.
These challenges have been done, I take no credit, but its nice to have a reference for when you get bored with vanilla Minecraft, and can't think of any kind of goal. But that's not to say that this is just some challenge you can read from and do, no that defeats the purpose, so i decided to write out a list of various challenges i could think of, some hard, some easy, some nearly impossible, and some so far fetched you would think you'd HAVE to be in creative to finish them. I'm not going to organize this by "easy", "medium", and "hard", so its up to YOU to decide whether its easy or hard. So lets get started!
- Create a wheat farm
- Create an underground wheat farm
- Create an underground sugar cane farm
- Create an automatic sugar cane farm
- Create a huge mushroom farm (above-ground for extra challenge!)
- Find and create a carrot farm
- Create an underground carrot farm
- Find and create a potato farm
- Create an underground potato farm
- Create an underground Tree farm
- Create an Apple Tree Farm (Oak tree leaves drop apples)
- Create a melon farm(i admit that i have NEVER done this)
- Create a pumpkin farm (I just felt like pointing this out, with the addition of pumpkin pies, these have a real purpose now! YAY!!!)
- Create a cocoa bean farm (cocoa beans only grow on jungle wood)
- Create a cactus farm
- Create an egg farm (YouTube it or ask, ill post pictures of one)
- Create a pig farm
- Create a cow farm
- Create a wool farm (sheep of every color for extra challenge!)
- Create a Cobblestone 'farm'
- Create a snow 'farm' (this can only be done in a place that already snows, so no making this in the desert unfortunately)
- Create a Vine 'farm'
- Create an infinite water source
- Create a Nether wart Farm
- Create a Maze
- Create an underground maze
- Create an authentic mine
- Create a Beacon
- Create enough beacons to have all buffs!
- Create a castle
- Create a fort
- Create a tower
- Make a moat around your house
- Create watch towers around the area of your house
- Create a wall around your house
- Create a mine connected to your house
- Make a dungeon
- Make a basement
- make more than one floor
- Gather enough materials to make a tower from minimum height to maximum in Minecraft
- Create a biome-specific room(all biome's, nether and The End included, for extra challenge!)
- Create rooms designed for one purpose (blacksmiths room with anvils, furnaces, crafting tables and etc., or storage rooms filled to the brim with chests)
- Gather one of every mobs head (ones that are available anyway, and put them on fence posts)
- Make Creeper shrine (creeper heads on posts, creeper faces on walls, emerald block shrine, etc. etc.)
- Go to The End, and kill the Enderdragon.
- Gather materials to create Wither and Defeat it.
- Corral creepers into pen.
- HUG CREEPER!!! (oh, and live)
- Create a map, and make a wall around the border of the map (extra challenge if you increase zoom!)
- Make a minecart system around wall/border of map.
- Make a minecart system that travels through your mines
- Make a boat/ferry system around the top of wall
These are just challenges you can do to pass time, and just something for someone to look at when they want to reference. I admit, its not the best, there are many different kinds of challenges out there, and there are many things that could be added, which is why I am welcome to suggestions!
I intend to make V.U.M.C. (the topic abbreviated) up to date whenever Minecraft is updated. New challenges means new things to do, which means those of us that want a goal for Minecraft, have new goals!