Various Updated Minecraft Challenges for 1.4.2

challenge survival 1.4.2

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Xbonedragonx
  • Minecraft: xbonedragonx

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Brief Introduction

I know some of you shake your head at me when I write this, but Minecraft has become boring in a sense, its basically a harder creative mode where you can't fly and have to get your own materials. This may just be me, but I don't think so. So i had the idea, "lets look for a challenge to do.". I didn't find a single challenge updated for 1.4.2/1.4.3. I know this update just came about, but I didn't find anything at all like this, for any of the releases. So that's what I'm doing.

These challenges have been done, I take no credit, but its nice to have a reference for when you get bored with vanilla Minecraft, and can't think of any kind of goal. But that's not to say that this is just some challenge you can read from and do, no that defeats the purpose, so i decided to write out a list of various challenges i could think of, some hard, some easy, some nearly impossible, and some so far fetched you would think you'd HAVE to be in creative to finish them. I'm not going to organize this by "easy", "medium", and "hard", so its up to YOU to decide whether its easy or hard. So lets get started!

Challenges

Create-a-'something' challenges
  • Create a wheat farm
  • Create an underground wheat farm
  • Create an underground sugar cane farm
  • Create an automatic sugar cane farm
  • Create a huge mushroom farm (above-ground for extra challenge!)
  • Find and create a carrot farm
  • Create an underground carrot farm
  • Find and create a potato farm
  • Create an underground potato farm
  • Create an underground Tree farm
  • Create an Apple Tree Farm (Oak tree leaves drop apples)
  • Create a melon farm(i admit that i have NEVER done this)
  • Create a pumpkin farm (I just felt like pointing this out, with the addition of pumpkin pies, these have a real purpose now! YAY!!!)
  • Create a cocoa bean farm (cocoa beans only grow on jungle wood)
  • Create a cactus farm
  • Create an egg farm (YouTube it or ask, ill post pictures of one)
  • Create a pig farm
  • Create a cow farm
  • Create a wool farm (sheep of every color for extra challenge!)
  • Create a Cobblestone 'farm'
  • Create a snow 'farm' (this can only be done in a place that already snows, so no making this in the desert unfortunately)
  • Create a Vine 'farm'
  • Create an infinite water source
  • Create a Nether wart Farm
  • Create a Maze
  • Create an underground maze
  • Create an authentic mine
  • Create a Beacon
  • Create enough beacons to have all buffs!
House specific challenges
  • Create a castle
  • Create a fort
  • Create a tower
  • Make a moat around your house
  • Create watch towers around the area of your house
  • Create a wall around your house
  • Create a mine connected to your house
  • Make a dungeon
  • Make a basement
  • make more than one floor
  • Gather enough materials to make a tower from minimum height to maximum in Minecraft
  • Create a biome-specific room(all biome's, nether and The End included, for extra challenge!)
  • Create rooms designed for one purpose (blacksmiths room with anvils, furnaces, crafting tables and etc., or storage rooms filled to the brim with chests)
Monster specific challenges
  • Gather one of every mobs head (ones that are available anyway, and put them on fence posts)
  • Make Creeper shrine (creeper heads on posts, creeper faces on walls, emerald block shrine, etc. etc.)
  • Go to The End, and kill the Enderdragon.
  • Gather materials to create Wither and Defeat it.
  • Corral creepers into pen.
  • HUG CREEPER!!! (oh, and live)
Random Challenges
  • Create a map, and make a wall around the border of the map (extra challenge if you increase zoom!)
  • Make a minecart system around wall/border of map.
  • Make a minecart system that travels through your mines
  • Make a boat/ferry system around the top of wall
I am very open to suggestions on challenges!

These are just challenges you can do to pass time, and just something for someone to look at when they want to reference. I admit, its not the best, there are many different kinds of challenges out there, and there are many things that could be added, which is why I am welcome to suggestions!

I intend to make V.U.M.C. (the topic abbreviated) up to date whenever Minecraft is updated. New challenges means new things to do, which means those of us that want a goal for Minecraft, have new goals!

No! Do! Or do not! There is no try!

Register or log in to remove.

Xbonedragonx
  • Minecraft: xbonedragonx

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

I just remembered one thing, before any of you say "why not just install mods?" or something to that effect, remember that some of us can't install mods. Some mods are literally IMPOSSIBLE to install, some mods require other mods like forge, which can be a pain to install, and run, properly, and for me at least, my laptop runs minecraft with 10 fps! minecraft is so graphic intensive that some mods may make minecraft unable to run, and, for me, optifine and forge are incompatible, certain class files don't work together or some such. And, last thing promise, some people DON'T like mods! They want to play Minecraft Vanilla! Not Minecraft "put name here". I only tinker with mods, looking for things that would be great to add into minecraft, and, optifine aside, i dont even worry about them.
No! Do! Or do not! There is no try!

Cadbane298

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

The problem with gathering mobs heads is that you can only get a wither skull, all other heads are creative only.
Posted Image
"I used to be a N00B like you, then i got blown up by a creeper"

POM_Fenris
  • Minecraft: POM_Fenris

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostXbonedragonx, on 03 November 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

• Create a snow 'farm' (this can only be done in a place that already snows, so no making this in the desert unfortunately)

Just wanted to point out, it doesn't have to snow in the biome. You can trap a snow golem and grab the snow from under its feet. It will lay down snow as fast as you can collect it.
Posted Image

Samuelf80TheMiner

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Nice list :D, but for an improvement, add some more for home improvements ( such as tables chairs... etc.. )
Posted ImagePosted Image

MidorikoSama
  • Minecraft: Zerhai

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

interesting list
Posted Image
Posted Image Pet me, I'm Fluffy!

KingAldimos

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

I oddly did this already without even seeing this list XD3
Posted Image

fartingatitsmost

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hey xbonedragonx your not the only one who's minecraft runs in horrible fps.
Obey to the Demon Lord!

jack4468
    jack4468

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View Postfartingatitsmost, on 04 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Hey xbonedragonx your not the only one who's minecraft runs in horrible fps.

Ugh, Tell me about it.
Posted Image

youlp
    youlp

Mathematical Dessert

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostCadbane298, on 08 December 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

The problem with gathering mobs heads is that you can only get a wither skull, all other heads are creative only.
Now people always say that. But I promise I got a creeper head in SMP. And I always wonder how I got it.
I absolutely HATE SkyDoesMinecraft. I call gold by its proper name. I always correct people who call it butter or budder (marijuana) because their majestic supreme overlord Sky told them to. I protect squids and I am a proud member of P.E.T.S.  Go Squids! <コ:彡

FGHIK
    FGHIK

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Minecraft: FGHIK

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostPOM_Fenris, on 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Just wanted to point out, it doesn't have to snow in the biome. You can trap a snow golem and grab the snow from under its feet. It will lay down snow as fast as you can collect it.
True but they will die in desert biomes however, and I think he meant you have to find some snow to start.
Posted Image

GlassHouse

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

I like to do hardcore on superflat, getting resources from villages.

rambotheboss

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Wow really cool, just what i was looking for =D