Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * * 31 votes

Hypixel Adventure Map - Herobrine's Mansion

• Please log in to reply
583 replies to this topic

rodrick160

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

I was fighting Herobrine, but the skeleton king killed him, and he didn't drop a music disc, so now I'm just a rag doll suspended in midair. Can you help me?

Register or log in to remove.

AwesomeViet54
  • Minecraft: namn8236

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Great map you did alot of good work you put alot of work in it good job I love the map i recomend it.

Krovasteel

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Near the skeleton king's tomb there is a hole in the ground that you cannot escape. i did not read the whole thread and i apologize if this was already mentioned. I'm just trying to be helpful

will avoid now, but a fix for future lovers of this map would be appreciated!

XD keep up the awesome work. this map is a work of art.

Caloxeno
    Caloxeno

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Soy nuevo en esto. Bajé el archivo pero ahora no sé donde ponerlo ni cómo ejecutarlo. Help me please.

DaveTheWave
  • Minecraft: TheMuffinMan199

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hi, this looks really awesome but I cant really get it. So I thought I would try the texture pack first beacause I dont have any and it looks awsome. I Think I downloaded it but I'm not shure how to bright the pack to Minecraft. Whenever I press 'Open Texture Files Here' The Sky0 thing popps up, I dont know how to use it thouhg, would someome
Please help me? Sorry I cant watch YouTubes (Long annoing story)
Posted Image This it a fun server that I didn't make, give it a try :)
Ever get tired of squids? Support dolphins in Minecraft!

ubadubba
    ubadubba

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Wahahaha! I stand now in the highest tower atop Herobrine's mansion! The very highest tower. How did I get there? In survival mode, I jumped my way out of the swamp, found the huge box that you end the map in (with the ending message in glowstone lamps), and dropped down to the outside of it. I broke ALL those lamps, which you can do in survival mode for some reason. I built my way over to the massive redstone complex underneath the map. That was a lot of fun. There were testificates all over the place - and there was a sign in a language that appeared to be french. I think it said "entre dans la crypt". Anway, I parkour'd my way to the complete opposite corner of the map, and built a bridge over to this big netherrack/stone mountain thing. There was an empty chest on top - what a disappointment. I found my way back up to solid ground, and climbed the highest mountain, from which I had a spectacular view of the entire back side of the mansion. I used my remaining lamps to build from that mountain the the roof, and got from the roof through the open window of the top-most tower! What an experience! The map itself was great, of course, by the way.

pregam68
    pregam68

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

I have play this is amazing :D

IXStevieGXI

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

hey hypixel just to let you know the shooting star society played this map and all we can say is OMG best map we have ever played you my friend are god Posted Image lol we really can wait for the next map you make.

Halofanops56

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

I've seen MInecraftUniverse and SkyDoesMinecraft do this world together and it looks AWESOME!!!

Pluto_
    Pluto_

Server's Own Dwarf Planet

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 1019 posts
  • Minecraft: DrPluto

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

I belive I already said this but I love this map.  It is really amazing and I would still recommend this to everyone.

Halofanops56

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

THIS WORLD IS BEAST!!!

AmbassadorArt
  • Minecraft: AmbassadorArt

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hi!  I've just finished your map.  Here's my review.

Spoiler:

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."
"There were four people involved; two of them were idiots, one of them was incompetent, and the other one was, well, a good guy." ~ My Father

VoxaDub
    VoxaDub

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

this is incredible :o

b2jammer
  • Minecraft: b2jammer

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostHypixel, on 08 November 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

I had comments about the map being too easy, so it's very hard to balance for me as a game designer when you have people complaining it's way too easy and other saying it's impossible. I think some people have to learn Minecraft PVE mechanics to be fair, use crits jump,avoid being hit by cornering and find a good partner that will not knockback hit the enemies towards you. I can't tune it down just for a % of players, that's why death don't have much consequences and you can bring more friends. I decided to make the map hard by nature so people could bring friends.

I don't want people to 1 shot zombies, that's boring. I want every fight encounter to be entertaining and challenging - it's new.

You were talking about using the bow spam technique... which is not very good DPS output as the bow has a very low min damage and you need to deal some good DPS to eventually get out there alive. (Pigs are actually very easy encounter with 2 players)
Gather regen potions before bosses is a most-have for some fights, get them in hidden chests and at the shop.
I suggest NOT buying berserking potions until you have completed your Demonic set.

Of course you are going to die if you are not careful, it's meant to be so that people doing non-dead challenges are actually being challenged. I've seen a few do it all on hard without doing once, including me. I had to use a lot of potions and tries.

About the part getting lost in the mansion I think you are exaggerating a bit because all the mobs I've put on the map are for the most part persistent, so that means if there's no mobs in here, it means you been there. So now it's just a matter of looking at odd things such as doors with lights or giant signs "SPIDERS AHEAD".
I think herobrine's mansion is one of the most Linear adventure out there, getting lost for 10 minutes is actually something I've never heard of. I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos and the one thing I notice is how easy they can find the bosses.

If you went creative for the Wither, you clearly did not understand the fight. You have to do "packs" with mobs and use the Holy Water on them, it will 1 shot them all. Then gather enough Crystals for 2 Heaven's Grace to bring him down to 50% and use Holy Water on him. All that done without dying once is VERY VERY VERY easy.

I have no plans to make my future maps easy, however I will not make them frustrating and allow people to bring friends so they can pummel through.

I've done an update on my website: http://hypixel.net/t...ge-17#post-1882

Dropped Zathos the Mage hp by about 15%.
Dropped Zathos the Mage on Herobrine fight by about 25%
Dropped Zathos the Mage damage by about 25% on both encounters.
Dropped Herobrine hp by about 20%.
Added ender chest at the end.
Added a chest with a book for the Wither boss strategy next to the ender chest.

I'm taking in account all feedback for my next adv map, but difficulty is a very touchy subject... I get people saying there was no challenge at all and people saying it was impossible. I think it ends up being balanced
I can see what you're getting at, and I played the map again with my cousins, but the Wither boss was still too challenging. I realized where the holy water was, but even then I still had to build it up and fill my hotbar. By the end I still had to cheat because the Heaven's Grace didn't have enough uses (even after buying 8 of them and using them all at once) to make up for the Wither's regen and pinch mode projectile immunity. Plus, he was a wimp and never charged me except when I was on the brink of dying. Stupid coward he was.

Thankfully, I still didn't ragequit at Zatho, and I was exaggerating a bit on how long it took to find Benetha, but not by that much. It took maybe 3-5 minutes, but that's still a lot. It's really just how big the mansion is.

Maybe it's just me, but if in any game (this included) I'm not a raging kleptomaniac, I get a smackdown to the face. I'm just not lucky when I don't have everything.

When I watched the Yogscast play, I was utterly and completely BAFFLED that they could do it first try, considering how much they suck at PvE.

I find that when a new feature (like command blocks, pistons, or armored zombies) enters the game, adventure map developers (like yourself) will find every excuse they can to put it in and integrate it somehow. In the few maps I made, I did it too. Sometimes it works nicely (like the shop or dialogue), but other times it doesn't find good use (like diamond armor wearing zombie pigmen).

Like you said, bows don't have much of a damage ratio this time around when spammed, but sometimes it's better than the sword. When i find myself using the sword, I ALWAYS use critical hits, but due to the sheer HP of some of these creatures, it's very difficult to wear down their health. I found myself cornered by 2 elites and and some weaker mooks at the same time at one point, which sent me to my death numerous times. I happened to have a demonic bow on me, but even when I sniped them from afar with fully charged shots, it took about 10 hits, more than the 3 or 4 of an unarmored mob. Stuff like that is monotonous and boring.

At least you turned on keepInventory. That is a godsend. If it weren't for that, this map would be unplayable. Thank you for that.

I think for your next adventure map, make it so both you and the enemies get better equipment as time goes along rather than having the big stuff all at once, with the enemies getting a slightly sharper difficulty curve to keep things interesting. PvE-based boss fights are interesting, but since the strategy for beating them all is the same (except the Wither, which is partly luck based), some redstone-based boss fights may be interesting to throw in too, like a jumping puzzle to drop some TNT down a chute to damage a mob or having to snipe 5 or so targets to disable sentry turrets so you can get close to a mob.

On the topic of variety, while I find combat interesting, that shouldn't be just what an adventure map is, unless it's designed that way for, say, an arena-style map. I know this is an early attempt, but where's the jumping puzzles? Where's the traps? Where's the shooting of paintings to gain secrets? Where's using the block mechanics to your advantage? I like combat and all, but here, despite all the variety of equipment and mobs, it's still incredibly dull. I'd like for you to think about this for your next map, too.

This is a fine first attempt, but overall, it feels like Mario 2: Lost Levels to me. It's way too hard, due to your lack of healing ability and the experience in general, while occasionally enjoyable, is just dull and boring as a whole. If you make the next map easier at the start, increasingly harder as you go, and make the boss encounters more interesting (locking a mob in a corner isn't always fun), I'll like it much more. A good start, but not absolutely stellar.

Posted Image

Logic? Tell me more. Never heard of it.

feli90
    feli90

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

View Postb2jammer, on 22 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

I can see what you're getting at, and I played the map again with my cousins, but the Wither boss was still too challenging. I realized where the holy water was, but even then I still had to build it up and fill my hotbar. By the end I still had to cheat because the Heaven's Grace didn't have enough uses (even after buying 8 of them and using them all at once) to make up for the Wither's regen and pinch mode projectile immunity. Plus, he was a wimp and never charged me except when I was on the brink of dying. Stupid coward he was.

Thankfully, I still didn't ragequit at Zatho, and I was exaggerating a bit on how long it took to find Benetha, but not by that much. It took maybe 3-5 minutes, but that's still a lot. It's really just how big the mansion is.

Maybe it's just me, but if in any game (this included) I'm not a raging kleptomaniac, I get a smackdown to the face. I'm just not lucky when I don't have everything.

When I watched the Yogscast play, I was utterly and completely BAFFLED that they could do it first try, considering how much they suck at PvE.

I find that when a new feature (like command blocks, pistons, or armored zombies) enters the game, adventure map developers (like yourself) will find every excuse they can to put it in and integrate it somehow. In the few maps I made, I did it too. Sometimes it works nicely (like the shop or dialogue), but other times it doesn't find good use (like diamond armor wearing zombie pigmen).

Like you said, bows don't have much of a damage ratio this time around when spammed, but sometimes it's better than the sword. When i find myself using the sword, I ALWAYS use critical hits, but due to the sheer HP of some of these creatures, it's very difficult to wear down their health. I found myself cornered by 2 elites and and some weaker mooks at the same time at one point, which sent me to my death numerous times. I happened to have a demonic bow on me, but even when I sniped them from afar with fully charged shots, it took about 10 hits, more than the 3 or 4 of an unarmored mob. Stuff like that is monotonous and boring.

At least you turned on keepInventory. That is a godsend. If it weren't for that, this map would be unplayable. Thank you for that.

I think for your next adventure map, make it so both you and the enemies get better equipment as time goes along rather than having the big stuff all at once, with the enemies getting a slightly sharper difficulty curve to keep things interesting. PvE-based boss fights are interesting, but since the strategy for beating them all is the same (except the Wither, which is partly luck based), some redstone-based boss fights may be interesting to throw in too, like a jumping puzzle to drop some TNT down a chute to damage a mob or having to snipe 5 or so targets to disable sentry turrets so you can get close to a mob.

On the topic of variety, while I find combat interesting, that shouldn't be just what an adventure map is, unless it's designed that way for, say, an arena-style map. I know this is an early attempt, but where's the jumping puzzles? Where's the traps? Where's the shooting of paintings to gain secrets? Where's using the block mechanics to your advantage? I like combat and all, but here, despite all the variety of equipment and mobs, it's still incredibly dull. I'd like for you to think about this for your next map, too.

This is a fine first attempt, but overall, it feels like Mario 2: Lost Levels to me. It's way too hard, due to your lack of healing ability and the experience in general, while occasionally enjoyable, is just dull and boring as a whole. If you make the next map easier at the start, increasingly harder as you go, and make the boss encounters more interesting (locking a mob in a corner isn't always fun), I'll like it much more. A good start, but not absolutely stellar.
nope nope this map is awesome the boss fights are awesome and its easy enough and I beat the map yes i did beat it. when will Herobrine's Mansion 2 come out

the yogcast did it in a firsdt try so did i and i found each boss in 1 minute or less and I beat the map in hard and i beat the map in 30 minutes or less i think 20 more or less

feli90
    feli90

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

and later i played again but modified some suth i added more people a saying stuff like jokes mostly to maintan my withoun't bordom beacause of doing it all again. anyway ones Herobrine's Mansion 2 is out or the first one is edited ill play imediatly

oh and hypixel could you make a vid showing how you changed the mobs stats and all of that cause im making a map myself called chalege for the truth maybe you could help me, but anyway hypixel you should make a tutorial about those mobs statas and bro the map is amazing and I know for a thank it should get top 1
and how did you get the mobs to despawn and im examining all the things you did in creative and i don't understand much but well anyway bro we want a sequel and were sure its going to be awesome cause at the end of herobrines mansion you puted to be continued

meedeamastar

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

I don't seem to spawn in the right place. I spawn in a jungle biome and I can't find the mansion. Could someone tell me the coordinates? I'm running the map on a 1.4.5-R0.3 bukkit server.

Twister
    Twister

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

View PostRoadsguy, on 13 November 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

He used the "secret" way to get a mob skull to look like a player. (Herobrine is probably an easter egg.) He then put the skull on like a helmet.

But come to think of it, the wiki says there's an actual user called "Herobrine," but nobody knows who owns the account. His skin is probably the obvious, hence the skull working. Maybe...

Yes, there is a property in head items called 'SkullOwner', which changes the skin of the head to match the head of the 'owner'. The exact name he used was not 'Herobrine', but I do not want to reveal the true owner out of respect to Hypixel (Hint, starts with the letter J). Who ever owns this account could troll this adventure map to an epic fail if they changed their skin to something else.

Although there is an account under the name of Herobrine, that skin used does not have a beard, a feature apperent of the cannonical Herobrine, as it was based off the classic 'steve' skin. This lack of authenticity may have been the reason to use a different account for the 'SkullOwner' property. It is a rather ingenious method of adding custom content without using mods.

Using the 'SkullOwner' property has allowed me to do similar things in my adventure map, Order of the Stone. It must also be noted that if you play an adventure map using this feature, without an internet connection, all player skulls will use the default steve skin, regardless of the owner, as the game cannot connect to the minecraft.net database where skins are located.

If given permission, I will reveal the identity of the Herobrine head users account. IDK if anyone other than me and Hypixel knows who it is, and I am not saying I am the only one. But if nobody else but us 2 knows, then I should keep this a secret unless told otherwise.

Posted Image

Salpro
    Salpro

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

This was a really good map and well thought out. You took into account people playing co-op and people playing alone. There many special effects with maze and ending. Your use of command blocks is sophisticated and well placed. Also the mobs are made to give more variety  and as you advance in the game they get harder. The location and the mansion was designed very well. You made look a mod thanks for time. Posted Image Posted Image

dessertselectronic

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Dear God, how did you make those mobs!