• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

a11111
    a11111

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:11 AM

Been screwing around in Minecraft for awhile, done a lot of shit, built a lot of shit, and I usually play it on hard now unless I'm building something huge and don't wanna deal with stuff. I'm wondering if anyone has any interesting ways of playing, sort of like how some people come up with little challenges like "dont use such and such" or whatever, but bigger than that so it's more of like an entire revamp as opposed to just a small little challenge. These are interesting - http://crafthub.net/... ... minecraft/ - so I'm looking for some ideas like that. Anyone have any ideas?
I DEVELOP IPHONE APPS, ANDROID APPS, AND FACEBOOK APPS. LOOK HERE[/center]

Register or log in to remove.

minno726
    minno726

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:12 AM

a11111 said:

Been screwing around in Minecraft for awhile, done a lot of shit, built a lot of shit, and I usually play it on hard now unless I'm building something huge and don't wanna deal with stuff. I'm wondering if anyone has any interesting ways of playing, sort of like how some people come up with little challenges like "dont use such and such" or whatever, but bigger than that so it's more of like an entire revamp as opposed to just a small little challenge. These are interesting - http://crafthub.net/... ... minecraft/ - so I'm looking for some ideas like that. Anyone have any ideas?

Survive the night with nothing but a stone sword.  Turn up your monitor's brightness so you can see, but otherwise no lights.

lenford
    lenford

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:47 AM

I call it cavecraft. on the first day you collect as much wood, seeds, saplings and other stuff on the first day but when its night you burrow into a little hole and you have to start tree far and ms and there are no pigs are cows so no leather armour or pork. you cant come up out of the ground and if there is a cave that you find and it leads outside block it off. once you die it is over or you can make an entrance that is easy to see and go back

Torg9776
    Torg9776

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I invented a way. It's called Minecraft Origin. You have to go the the origin of the geographical minecraft world (point 0,0) and no matter what it looks like, you must inhabit the surrounding area of the origin. You are allowed to change the difficulty (other than peaceful) and use a bonus chest.

warheadminecraft
  • Minecraft: not telling you
  • Xbox:don't have one

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

live underground in a hole

Posted Image

JoshFFuller
  • Location: You will know when you learn to intigrate from 0 to imaginary.
  • Minecraft: JoshFFuller

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

you can't fight, only run, now mobs are scarier ;)

Posted Image

Please quote my post to ensure a reply, I will be alerted by email. Click my banner to see my project.

SpiroDiscoBall

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

amish mode! no redstone!

Raffilcagon
  • Minecraft: Ya wanna no?
  • Xbox:You care about this?

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Use only Diamond/wood tools, and diamond armor. No other armors, and the only tool you can upgrade is the pick.
Or, restore an entire stronghold to it's olden glory on hardmode. Replacing the cracked/ mossy bricks is optional, but every room must have a table of sorts, a bed, and one comfort item (Filled pot, book shelf, furnace, cake, ect.)

Posted Image

My avatar-Madison Ravenblade,Queen of Gotha.Master of a large variety of weapons,master of magic,dimensional traveler, dimensional heroine, and slayer of many Demonic Lords.Currently,her Dragonic Transformation spell is on the fritz.
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ Be Happy

zxczxczbfg

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

I sometimes locate, clear, and inhabit strongholds, mineshafts, ravines, et cetera. Sometimes I go find a village and live the quiet life of a carrot/potato/wheat farmer, barring the odd zombie siege or creeper. I usually do all this on Easy, or Peaceful if I'm in a lazy mood.

lajube
    lajube

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: TrapperJ

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postlenford, on 07 February 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

I call it cavecraft. on the first day you collect as much wood, seeds, saplings and other stuff on the first day but when its night you burrow into a little hole and you have to start tree far and ms and there are no pigs are cows so no leather armour or pork. you cant come up out of the ground and if there is a cave that you find and it leads outside block it off. once you die it is over or you can make an entrance that is easy to see and go back
This is also known as the 404 challenge.

1)No shelter is Permanent. - Every real life day (that I actually play) I have to give upmyold shelter and head westward "a fair bit", stake a new home, dig whatever resources are in that area, and only carry with me what I can carry. If it eventually gets to the point I have a huge supply of Iron and can make a minecart to hold stuff for me and carry it along, so be it, but how long would that really last if I have to move each day? 2)Play on Hard mode. - This one is pretty obvious. Reasoning? Well, theWestwasn't a tame place. 3)Go west, NO EXCEPTIONS. - Hit a body of water? Too bad, keep headingwest. Build boats and cross that pond. 4)Death is Final - If you die, you die. I'm not going to put up with respawning at spawn point and having to trek all the way back. When I die it's time for a new map, so you have to be EXTRA careful.

My tips on how to "up the level" this, for yourself would be having to find a new home every nightfall!
This of course is KurtJMac's challenge, something he's been recording for over a year.  Here's the video where he begins the challenge, and so far he hasn't died.

Crocodile Hunter.
My thread: Life as a Nomadic Trapper: http://www.minecraft...nomadic-trapper

FlogTheDonkey
  • Minecraft: FlogTheDonkey

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Before you leave your base,...hit the beer store and crush 8-10 with Steve,...then go find some caves.

lajube
    lajube

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: TrapperJ

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I play with two rules: (1) Never hit mobs. (2) Mine in open caves, not branch mining.
And one goal: Trap and kill my way to the end and slay the dragon.

Turns minecraft into a very hard action/strategy puzzler game; perhaps the only open-ended action-puzzle game in existence.

Puzzle: You are in a cave and a skeleton is ahead.  How can you get past him without hitting him with sword or bow or anything?
(Option A: Sometimes you can run past, but what if that leads to more hostile mobs ahead?  How will you survive?)
Puzzle: You find a cave spider spawner.  How do you get the loot?
Crocodile Hunter.
My thread: Life as a Nomadic Trapper: http://www.minecraft...nomadic-trapper

PlatypusPerson

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Make a superflat world and don't costomise it. Then you're forced to live as a nomad for awhile while you destroy villages and collect their loot. You'll end up having to make a cobblestone generator so the game eventually turns out pretty interesting.

payman
    payman

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Do this : http://www.minecraft...sy-city-build♦/

choose one of this and finish it.. all they are super hard.
Creepers gonna creepe

Jundi
    Jundi

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

lol. i called mine bloodbthirst. the rule is, once you equpped your sword, blood shall be spilt ( i mean you should slay at least 5 mobs before seathing it again)

oJohnSierra117o
  • Minecraft: oJohnSierra117o

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I do the fantasy city challenge, the dwarf version is the most fun in my opinion.
Posted Image

Kittypaw47826

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

I call mine
Peaceful Farmers Paradise.
Rules:
1. Bonus Chest: No.
2. Hard Difficulty
3. No adventures!, Mining must be done in Quarries, no cave diving or dungeon hunting.
Food must be obtained the farmers way, By bread, or harvesting sheep/cows. (apples allowed)
4. No attacking mobs, only run.
5. Probably the hardest rule to follow: No super tools, Wooden->iron tools, only, One Diamond pickaxe may be made to enter the nether.
''Smile when you feel like smiling, Cry when you feel like Crying, Dance when you feel like dancing. And if anyone tells you otherwise, then do it Louder'' -Alex Gaskarth, All Time Low. <3

flame9559

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

When I'm bored in survival I just get some supplies make a sky house and live there forever with mob fighting

Realtime911
  • Minecraft: Realtime911

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Do this thing

/gamerule naturalRegeneration False
/gamerule doDaylightCycle False

then survive, kill the Ender dragon and wither

professortedbear
  • Minecraft: professortedbear

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

Nether Survival

Play until you have three diamonds and 10 obsidian. Then enter the Nether (make sure you have some saplings on you) . Then break the portal, throw your flint and steel into lava, and voila! A whole new way of survival. Maybe you need to kill pigmen for food before you die of hunger!

It may be a good idea to take a few stacks of cobble and a few stacks of coal with you just in case.