• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft 1.4.2 ModPack - Feed The Beast

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Hammerheaded

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Here's a video on feed the beast beta, there's also a link to it in the description.

Seeing as this is in the mod discussion forum, let's talk about it. How do you think feed the beast will go? Will it dominate tekkit? Will people switch over from current mod packs to it? Will it succeed, tell us your thoughts.

Register or log in to remove.

legowaffle21

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostHammerheaded, on 03 November 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

Here's a video on feed the beast beta, there's also a link to it in the description.

[media]]

Seeing as this is in the mod discussion forum, let's talk about it. How do you think feed the beast will go? Will it dominate tekkit? Will people switch over from current mod packs to it? Will it succeed, tell us your thoughts.

It has permission unlike tekkit, so hopefully it will replace it.

Also in sense the modmakers are friends with the FTB makers, they'll have the most recent updates the fastest, will update to newer versions faster.  And less controversy.

ChickenExpert

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

wow pretty cool when its released please contact me @ [email protected] thank you

Hammerheaded

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostChickenExpert, on 03 November 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

wow pretty cool when its released please contact me @ [email protected] thank you

Here's their site: http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

Oyeah800

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Ice cool,the 2nd modpack relased for 1.4.2,fut the best modpack for EVER!!!

Ankenmann2
  • Minecraft: ankenmann

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Looks to be better than Tekkit (and less shady)

Neckbeards! Doctor Cichocki does not approve of stupidity and neither do I, stop the spread of damned useless rules!

jordanminecraft89

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Thats awesome I cant wait for it! I hope it is easy to install though... :) My question: Other than the new biomes what is different about feed the beast than technic and tekkit?

HugeMinefan

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

its a great pack. Just need wait for RP2 and stuff :), And they all are mod makers and they working on bugs and stuff .. this is going to be much better then tekkit crap
If i helped you!! Rep me :) --------------->
HugeMinefan

Orbskull
    Orbskull

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: orbskull

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I am looking very forward to the "FTB Modpack" but I really want to know whether it will be bukkit or not because me and my friend are planning to make an ftb survival server. Does anyone have any iformation?

Oyeah800

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

I hope there will be txture packs.

legowaffle21

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

View Postjordanminecraft89, on 05 November 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Thats awesome I cant wait for it! I hope it is easy to install though... Posted Image My question: Other than the new biomes what is different about feed the beast than technic and tekkit?

LOTS OF MODS!

izetiger
    izetiger

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

that is what i want to see Posted Image I like the mods what you would use...
I tried to suggest few mods in the forum from FTB but i can't reply or write a post in the forum...yes i registered my self and got the link per mail to click on it..still i can't write in the forum.
So i suggest my mods here ..

Forgotten Nature http://www.minecraft...o-nature-in-mc/

BetterWorld mods (core slopes eg ) http://www.minecraft...le/page__st__40

The Huds from this side http://www.minecraft...ectionhud-v152/

jrschoolname

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostChickenExpert, on 03 November 2012 - 02:15 AM, said:

feed-the-beast.com/beta

Bunkaz94
    Bunkaz94

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

they have to add nether ores and power converters...

http://atomicstryker...tainedmods.html
Sorry about my english, my native language is spanish!
Spoiler:

persianmedic

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Can anyone help me setting any plugins for My FTB server? Help would be GLADLY appreciated!

MaIice
    MaIice

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Good-bye tekkit. Money hungry fiends for work that isn't yours. With your shady admin staff, facist power hungry forum staff. At last.

Posted Image

Like Nothing you ever experienced before. The very first Adventure Mode Multiplayer Server. Inspired by Dark Souls and Berserk.

Isquarey
    Isquarey

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

So today is 11/11/2012 and i just opened but the ftb laucher and said there was a new version avalible and i hit update and when i hit update it closes out the whole launcher and then i have to re open in. Is anyone else having this problem? I think it might be a bug but im not sure so yah :)

dr_blockenstein

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

View PostHammerheaded, on 03 November 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

[media][media]

sice the modmakers and direwolf support it annd are freinds with it it will probly soon [spoiler] why are you reading thid=s you wasting your time

View Postjordanminecraft89, on 05 November 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Thats awesome I cant wait for it! I hope it is easy to install though... Posted Image My question: Other than the new biomes what is different about feed the beast than technic and tekkit?
full support and more/less mods

subscribe

KubaP
    KubaP

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostIsquarey, on 11 November 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

So today is 11/11/2012 and i just opened but the ftb laucher and said there was a new version avalible and i hit update and when i hit update it closes out the whole launcher and then i have to re open in. Is anyone else having this problem? I think it might be a bug but im not sure so yah Posted Image
That is the update of the launcher. It closes so the files can be updated. Its not a bug :)

charcharmunro

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostMaIice, on 11 November 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Good-bye tekkit. Money hungry fiends for work that isn't yours. With your shady admin staff, facist power hungry forum staff. At last.
Okay, whoa. Gonna stop you right there. The Technic Pack have never attempted to make ANY money off of Technic or Tekkit. As for the staff... Well, people say Risugami and LexManos aren't very nice people sometimes, but they do good stuff. Also, Technic/Tekkit probably won't die out, because it's quite easy for them to diverge from FTB's direction. Quite sure Slowpoke has stated once or twice that FTB isn't intended to be a rival of any sorts to Technic.