• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[24/7] [Bukkit] [1.4.6] The Resistance of Kharn [Medieval] [Fantasy] [Roleplaying]

resistance of kharn resistance of kharn medieval roleplaying roleplay rp fantasy fun

• Please log in to reply
958 replies to this topic

Taylor123123

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Application:

IGN: Fatalpower
Skype (Optional) -

IC:
Character Gender: Male
Character Name: Nocturne
Character Race: Shade
Character Age: Unknown for he was born of the shadows, which have been around seen the beginning of time.
Character Backstory: Before Nocturne, people believed that dreams were figments of their imaginations, meaningless images that flashed through the mind when one slept. This belief was put to the test when a rash of sleep-related incidents started afflicting the monarchy. Some would wake up screaming, terrified and beyond consolation. Some could not fall asleep, slowly going mad as the nights ticked by. Some simply never woke up.
Nocturne did not take his introduction to this world kindly. He slaughtered everything he could find before siding with the bandits, they were able to magically confine him. After a period of intense study, dark mages divined that Nocturne hunted the living in their sleep, attacking them in a place where their magic was useless. This seemed to be his only purpose.  Perhaps the most disturbing theory is that Nocturne is a person’s nightmare come to life. If this is true, they wonder, who is the dreamer?

“The darkness is closing in... it’s pitch black now... but I can still see him...”

Character Magic: (Optional,Put how he learnt the magic in your backstory if he/she has magic. Remember! One magic unless it is permitted!) Dark Magic
Character Personality: Ruthless and uncaring for life. People are just light to be blotted out.
"Afraid of the dark?"
Character Skin (Or Description about Character):
Evil incarnated. A shadow with with intimidating eyes and umbra blades attached to his shroud of darkness.

Posted Image

Click to go to the Thyregard Factions PvP Thread

Register or log in to remove.

SJmonkey
    SJmonkey

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

OoC

Application:

IGN: S__J
Skype (Optional)

IC:
Character Name: Mereth Lothlorien
Character Race: Elf
Character Age: 16
Character Backstory: Suid borned in to the clan of Northern Elfs. His birth was given by his mother Talathiel who died when Mereth was 5. His dad, Renegon The Third was the leader of the clan. Renegon hated his child Mereth. He hit Mereth and said " You're not worthy enough" every time Mereth tried to talk to him. It left very deep scars into the unique soul of Mereth. Luckily he had a brother, Thiret. Renegon didn't hate Tireth, neither loved him. Renegon had sent Tireth to Garath The Teacher to learn valuable skills as magic and hunting. Mereth wasn't allowed near Garath cause of lack of " Worthiness ". However Mereth was very talented in hunting, healing and arching. Tireth teached his brother, Mereth, to hunt, and cast spells. Mereth learned only one spell, teleporting.

One day, Mereth (now in age of 10) went to hunt in the forest when he saw something move. He drew the arrow and shot. He went to see the value of his prey. He was shocked. He had shot his dear brother Tireth. He started to panic. He ran to his village, took some supplies as a bow and some arrows, food etc, and took off. He traveled trough forests, over the hills and far away. One day he arrived to a villages of thieves. The leader of the thieves, Gethon, was very kind to Mereth and let him stay. The thieves thaugh him many useful skills as pickpocketing and stealing.

Mereth lived with the thieves to the age of 14 when troops of Renegon reached the thieves village. Luckily mereth was on a raiding trip to another village with few elite thieves. when they returned, they saw the village completely destroyed and the head of Gethon on a spear. "We have to escape" said Mereth. He left the destroyed village.Some elite thieves came with him. He had heard of the land of Kharn and decided to travel there.There they would be safe.

One silent night Mereth was thinking "Why do i travel with these guys? i could survive alone" so he took all of the necessary supplies and left the sleeping thieve elites. So he arrived to the land on Kharn. He heard of the bandits and recistance from a civilian, human Dwayne. He thought " i have gone through same kind of chilhood like Garvo, i could join the bandits..." So he searched the Bandits and joined the Kah Bandits- group.
Character Magic: (Optional,Put how he learnt the magic in your backstory if he/she has magic. Remember! One magic unless it is permitted!) Teleporting (unlimited enderpearls?)
Character Personality: Quite fiery temperament. Silent, can move without making any noises (unless teleporting). Has childhood traumas. Brave and Mentally Strong.
Character Skin (Or Description about Character): Rather tall, about 210 cm. short, messy brown hair. Uses black-green clothes.

Jakesnewtag

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Whitelist report.

Fatalpower : Denied : Who do you think you are, a daedric lord?

S__J : Denied : Read the magic rules.
Mightyjake! RAWR!

Taylor123123

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostJakesnewtag, on 25 November 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Whitelist report.

Fatalpower : Denied : Who do you think you are, a daedric lord?

There's barely any shade law... I thought I'd make a nice addition.

Posted Image

HoneyDewper
  • Minecraft: HoneyDewper

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Be creative.Shades are ment for Elite Rpers

Taylor123123

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Please tell me how to improve it then, I thought I had a really solid piece there.
I really like your server idea and my shade didnt have much to run off of.

Posted Image

HoneyDewper

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Well,for a start dont act OP in the Biography...Errr...
Start of like...What he did for a living,what town he was born in,what he did,go onto how he learnt his skills
and then if hes sided with somone go onto that.

Taylor123123

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

That's my problem, shades have 0 law. He's born of the shadows which is nothing itself other than a portrayal of light.

Posted Image

HoneyDewper

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Be creative, be another race?

GreenNinja8

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

OoC

Application:

IGN:   jasper151627237
Skype (Optional)   jasper151627237

IC:
Character Gender:   Female
Character Name:    Selena Ondu
Character Age:   500
Character Backstory:

Selena was born in another land, Vox, she has 2 sisters and she was raised by a powerfull mage callen Johan Mura, he taught each girl magic, Selena learned fire magic.
When the sisters were fully grown, the town they lived in was attacked, Johan fled to save the great cities of the land: Atarsis and Dragonsreach. Narmora (one of Selena's sisters) told her sisters to leave, and they did as she asked. When they returned, the village was burned, the attackers were lying on the ground, and they found an amulet that belonged to Narmora.
Each sister fled to an other town, thats how Selena came here, now she still practises her fire magic,
to find out what happened to her sisters...
Character Magic: Fire magic
Character Personality: She's kind, trustworthy (most of the time), but she can't bear watching someone getting attacked, she will help those who ware attacked, she doesn't want anyone to feel the pain she feels everyday, because of her sisters...

She is afraid of spiders and deep dark places. (thats why fire magic is usefull for her)

She's long, has long black hair, wears farmer girl-like clothing, her ears point right trough her hair.

Jakesnewtag

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Whitelist report.

jasper151627237 : Accepted : Although it was minimalistic, you have clearly stated everything that is necessary.
Mightyjake! RAWR!

Taylor123123

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Application:

IGN: Fatalpower
Skype (Optional) -

IC:
Character Name: Nocturne
Character Race: Shade
Character Age: Unknown for he was born of the shadows, which have been around seen the beginning of time.
Character Backstory:
Bibliography
Before Nocturne, people believed that dreams were figments of their imaginations, meaningless images that flashed through the mind when one slept. This belief was put to the test when a rash of sleep-related incidents started afflicting the monarchy. Some would wake up screaming, terrified and beyond consolation. Some could not fall asleep, slowly going mad as the nights ticked by. Some simply never woke up.
Nocturne did not take his introduction to this world kindly. He slaughtered everything he could find before siding with the bandits, they were able to magically confine him. After a period of intense study, dark mages divined that Nocturne hunted the living in their sleep, attacking them in a place where their magic was useless. This seemed to be his only purpose.  Perhaps the most disturbing theory is that Nocturne is a person’s nightmare come to life. If this is true, they wonder, who is the dreamer?
In this world
Nocturne is a figure of your imagination, he does not sleep, he does not rest. He only hunts.
Nocturne was born of the shadows, trained by each and every mans own mind. Adapting to their weaknesses, their fear. A shadow of the very man he hunts, he knows every nook and cranny of your mind. As Nocturne is his targets own shadow, he seeks them from behind, trained by watching his victim grow from the second they were born into the world.

Nocturne lives alone, in every mans shade just waiting for a reason to strike. Over time the bandits learned of Nocturnes unique skill and aimed to possess him for their own. He could prove extremely useful in finishing the war against the resistance in one swift blow, form behind. The dark mages of the bandits captured Nocturne for this purpose, using a prismatic glowstone trap, baited in by fear of a mental patient. Captured, he now serves the bandits... for now.

“The darkness is closing in... it’s pitch black now... but I can still see him...”

Character Magic: (Optional,Put how he learnt the magic in your backstory if he/she has magic. Remember! One magic unless it is permitted!) Dark Magic
Character Personality: Ruthless and uncaring for life. People are just light to be blotted out.
"Afraid of the dark?"
Evil incarnated. A shadow with with intimidating eyes and umbra blades attached to his shroud of darkness.

Added an "In This World" section to fit to your law, I hope its enough, I've designed the skin and everything.

Posted Image

masterT208951
  • Minecraft: masterT007

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

IGN: masterT007
Skype (Optional) got skype but my mic broke

IC:
Character Gender: male
Character Name: Thokul the Unseen
Character Race: Human
Character Age: 23
Character Backstory: When his parents where killed during a bandid raid, while he was still a baby, they spend their last minutes putting him on a log and layed him in the river. After many hours floating on the river a pack of wolves found him and raised him. While he grew up he learned how to become one with nature. At one day the pack ran into 5 spiders, the wolves sucseeded to kill 3 of them. The 2 left fled. Some string was left behind, the wolves didn't care about it. But the still young and curious Thokul took it, he started experimenting and managed to make a slingshot. at the age of 10 he started realizing that combining the stretching ability of the string with a bendable piece of wood could make a better weapon. He started experimenting again and at the age of 11 he sucseeded to make a usuable bow. Since then he went on hunts with the pack, at one day the came near an imperial (resistance) outpost. At that time a carriage full of raw chicken just arrived, and was just moving trough the gates. This was the first meeting with humans he could remember. The wolves went crazy, they streamed into the outpost and attacked everyone they could see. They grabbed the chicken and wanted to flee. But it was already to late, the guards came and slauthered them all. HIs family was killed, again... But instead of pure hate he felt home, like he was finally reunited with his species again. After that he was adopted by a loving libarian mother and a strong blacksmith. He learned many combat tactics, the way of the sword, how to craft armour and weapons. His mother gave him some books on how to use earth magic/natural magic (this will be explained in the next question) , but he wasn't very good at it. But when he turned 20 he realized it just didn't feel right. He had heard rumors of a assassin brotherhood. He left his family and joined them. Finally. He was home...
Character Magic: (Optional,Put how he learnt the magic in your backstory if he/she has magic. Remember! One magic unless it is permitted!) Earth magic, like mentioned in he background story. Unless you can make up your own kind of magic. In that case it will be natural magic. Wich gives you the ability to controll vines, cover yourself up in plants (so you are nearly unnoticeable) , shoot razorsharp leaves and the ability to reshape a tree's stem (such as platforms of holes to hide himself in).
Character Personality: A quiet person who does not talk alot. He has some wild characteristics since he was raised by wolves. He will fight for freedom and will not stop till every single enemy is dead.
He can pick up the sent of people to track them. He also has the ability to talk with wolves, since they are very territorail he often fights them as well. His main goals in life are: become a master marksman, become one with the wild, a silent death upon his targets and to comine his earth magic/natural magic with his marksmanship.
Character Skin (Or Description about Character): A 6 feet tall white person with a medieval camo suit with a green hood, he wears hardened leather bracers and shoulder pieces. Further he has climbing gear and a quiver, even some hidden blades (or you could just look at my forum avatar).

SJmonkey
    SJmonkey

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

OoC

Application:

IGN: S__J
Skype (Optional)

IC:
Character Name: Mereth Lothlorien
Character Age: 16
Character Backstory: Suid borned in to the clan of Northern Elfs. His birth was given by his mother Talathiel who died when Mereth was 5. His dad, Renegon The Third was the leader of the clan. Renegon hated his child Mereth. He hit Mereth and said " You're not worthy enough" every time Mereth tried to talk to him. It left very deep scars into the unique soul of Mereth. Luckily he had a brother, Thiret. Renegon didn't hate Tireth, neither loved him. Renegon had sent Tireth to Garath The Teacher to learn valuable skills as magic and hunting. Mereth wasn't allowed near Garath cause of lack of " Worthiness ". However Mereth was very talented in hunting, healing and arching. Tireth teached his brother, Mereth, to hunt, and cast spells. Mereth only mastered illusions.

One day, Mereth (now in age of 10) went to hunt in the forest when he saw something move. He drew the arrow and shot. He went to see the value of his prey. He was shocked. He had shot his dear brother Tireth. He started to panic. He ran to his village, took some supplies as a bow and some arrows, food etc, and took off. He traveled trough forests, over the hills and far away. One day he arrived to a villages of thieves. The leader of the thieves, Gethon, was very kind to Mereth and let him stay. The thieves thaugh him many useful skills as pickpocketing and stealing.

Mereth lived with the thieves to the age of 14 when troops of Renegon reached the thieves village. Luckily mereth was on a raiding trip to another village with few elite thieves. when they returned, they saw the village completely destroyed and the head of Gethon on a spear. "We have to escape" said Mereth. He left the destroyed village.Some elite thieves came with him. He had heard of the land of Kharn and decided to travel there.There they would be safe.

One silent night Mereth was thinking "Why do i travel with these guys? i could survive alone" so he took all of the necessary supplies and left the sleeping thieve elites. So he arrived to the land on Kharn. He heard of the bandits and recistance from a civilian, human Dwayne. He thought " i have gone through same kind of chilhood like Garvo, i could join the bandits..." So he searched the Bandits and joined the Kah Bandits- group.
Character Magic: (Optional,Put how he learnt the magic in your backstory if he/she has magic. Remember! One magic unless it is permitted!) Illusionist
Character Personality: Quite fiery temperament. Silent, can move without making any noises (unless teleporting). Has childhood traumas. Brave and Mentally Strong.
Character Skin (Or Description about Character): Rather tall, about 210 cm. short, messy brown hair. Uses black-green clothes.

Jakesnewtag

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Whitelist report.

Fatalpower : Denied : Pick another race, you are clearly not cut out to play a shade.

masterT007 : Denied : The story of wolves raising a child is purely fictional, they make rubbish parents to Humans. Magic-wise, there is no custom magic as you suggest but Earth magic is centered around... well... Earth.

S__J : Accepted : HOWEVER, your magic will be omitted for now as it takes longer than five years for a human to learn magic. (Illusion does not cover teleporting as that would be OP.
Mightyjake! RAWR!

Taylor123123

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I want to be a shade, tell me what to improve and I'll do it.
I thought my lore is rather unique.

Posted Image

masterT208951

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostJakesnewtag, on 25 November 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

masterT007 : Denied : The story of wolves raising a child is purely fictional, they make rubbish parents to Humans. Magic-wise, there is no custom magic as you suggest but Earth magic is centered around... well... Earth.

Ok, well I'll try again if alloud

masterT208951

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

IGN: masterT007
Skype (Optional) got skype but my mic broke

IC:
Character Gender: male
Character Name: Thokul the Unseen
Character Race: Human
Character Age: 23
Character Backstory:
When he was just 5 years old, a group of bandits attacked his little village. The villagers fought well but the invaders crushed them.
Since they had no walls or guards, and that the only source of weapons was his father the blacksmith. The smith was one of the last villagers left in the fight. At that moment Thokul's mother came and brought him and his 9 year old brother to the secret basement.
She gave my brother the key and told him to lock the trapdoor from the inside, so no one could get in. And she left, she left us there with only enough food to survive for 3 days...
We could hear the sound of the raging battle just a few more minutes. Then they laughed, they laughed, those horrible creatures slauthered almost everyone he loved, even at his age he knew that bandits don't take hostages.
The bandits had a feast, they were so happy. When suddenly a few hours later they hear the most awfull noise they have ever heard. An icy high scream, wich could only be from one person, their mother. His brother started to cry, but Thokul didn't. No, his eyes were raging with fury, he knew if he could get out of here alive his main goal would be to crush the bandit community, yes he would slauther them all.
2 days later, they were still awake they hadn't slept since the raid began, they were almost out of food also. But it went well they still weren't discovered. But immidietly they heard the squeaky noise of the door, then footsteps. The steps wandered around the room and seemed to leave, but at that moment there was a flash of bright light. And there he was, a huge bandit wielding an axe. He took me and my brother, tied us down put us on a carriage full of bags and brought us to a raider camp. Due to the exhaustion I fell asleep.
When I woke up I was tied up to a pole that was standing in a pile of wood, when I looked to my left I saw my brother in the exact same case. The bandits where just standing around us, laughing, drinking, eating. When suddenly the guy showed up who found us, he was wielding a torch. He walked towards my brother. He lighted the wood, my brother screaming of pain. The sound... It was horrible. He kept screaming for 10 minutes. The only thing what was left was his charred skeleton, a terrifieing sight. Then he walked towards me, I closed my eyes, afraid of death. Then suddenly an arrow wizzled, I opened my eyes and I see the man laying on the ground bleeding with an arrow in his head. The bandits were confused but in no time they geared up and prepared for battle. 3 more arrow flew trough the sky and hit their targets. Then one of them spots the source of the arrows: the tree leaping over the wall. Covered in the shade of the early night. The bandits lit their arrows on fire and were shooting arrows at the misterious creature. The wall was lit on fire and the bandits were streaming towards it. The misterious man raises his hands when immidietly a hugs crack in ground forms. 6 bandits fall in and a few fled. The ones left were covered in smoke from the fire that was spreading, they coulnd see a thing.
The men leaped over the wall and ran towards me, he pulled out a knife and untied me. Put me on his back and ran, trough a crack in the wall, into the woods. Leaving the bandits surrounded in fire, doomed...
He brought me in an underground house, made out of stone, probably created by himself. He spread his fingers and 2 chairs of stone raised from the floor. We sat down, then he started to tell me everything, he told about the war, the resistance, magic, all things I've never heard about. Then my training began, I ran trough deserts, jumped and climed trough trees, learned how to survive in the wild, how to make and use a bow, and punching rocks, yes punching rocks and lauching them a few feet. As my training proceeded I got better and better, at some point I could move stone without touching it. Then my trainer gave me a scroll, containing all kinds of earthmagic moves. When I suceeded even further, he brought me into a city of the resistance. I got everything to know about them, then after years of training I turned 23. The training was over, I turned into a deadly earthmagic using assassin of the resistance.
Ready to fulfull my destiny, crush the bandit society...

Character Personality: A quiet person who does not talk alot. He will fight for freedom and will not stop till every single enemy is dead. His main goals in life are: become a master marksman, become one with the wild, a silent death upon his targets and to comine his earth magic with his marksmanship. And his main target crush all the bandits.
Character Skin (Or Description about Character): A 6 feet tall white person with a medieval camo suit with a green hood, he wears hardened leather bracers and shoulder pieces. Further he has climbing gear and a quiver, even some hidden blades (or you could just look at my forum avatar).

So, I hope this is better. I've put alot of time in this.

GreenNinja8

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostJakesnewtag, on 25 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Whitelist report.

jasper151627237 : Accepted : Although it was minimalistic, you have clearly stated everything that is necessary.

Even though Im accepted:
Minimalistic ey? (I made it while just awake ;3)

OoC

Application:

IGN:   jasper151627237
Skype (Optional)   jasper151627237

IC:
Character Gender:  She is a Female
Character Name: Selena Ondu
Character Race:    Elf
Character Age:     500
Character Backstory:

Selena was born in another land, Vox, she has 2 sisters and she was raised by a powerfull mage callen Johan Mura, he taught each girl magic, Selena learned fire magic.
When the sisters were fully grown, the town they lived in was attacked, Johan fled to save the great cities of the land: Atarsis and Dragonsreach. Narmora (one of Selena's sisters) told her sisters to leave, and they did as she asked. When they returned, the village was burned, the attackers were lying on the ground, and they found an amulet that belonged to Narmora. After more than a week she heard news about Narmora, she beat an Orc who made fun of the elves!
Each sister fled to an other town, thats how Selena came here, now she still practises her fire magic,
to find out what happened to her sisters...
Character Magic: She is a trained user of Fire magic
Character Personality: She's kind, trustworthy (most of the time), but she can't bear watching someone getting attacked, she will help those who ware attacked, she doesn't want anyone to feel the pain she feels everyday, because of her sisters... Be carefull though: Don't hurt Selena or make her angry, she has a fire hot personality (see what I did there? :P), she will burn you if you do anything wrong in her eyes (like make fun of her ears)!

Fears:
She is afraid of spiders and deep dark places. (thats why fire magic is usefull for her)

She's tall, has long black hair, wears farmer girl-like clothing, her ears point right trough her hair.
Some more:
She is, just as her two sisters, trained in, next to magic, melee battle.
She is going to construct a home, then she will try to contact her sisters and maybe her master.
Selena will do everything to help the poor, even if she has to steal.

Jakesnewtag

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostTaylor123123, on 25 November 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

I want to be a shade, tell me what to improve and I'll do it.
I thought my lore is rather unique.

Just pick a new race, your lore is not unique it is the same as a Skyrim quest.

Jasper, no need to re-app, you were accepted. It is rare anyone can pack that much quality into as little words as you did.

WHITELIST!

masterT007 : Accepted : You were not lying when you said you put a lot of work into this app. Well done.
Mightyjake! RAWR!