Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Record Mod
Posted Image

Attention
Be prepared for the Recording Mod! First of all, I try to resolve any missunderstandings. This mod is not able to record and save a video of you playing minecraft, for something like this you have to use Fraps or a similar program! But wait, it is a cool feature to play with, trust me.

News
Spoiler:

So what actually does this mod?
This mod offers the oppertunity to tell your friends on a server easily that you are currently recording or streaming, what you do to have no missunderstandings.

Why would you need this?
This mod is a neat utility for lets player or similar, because it adds the posiiblity to tell other players on a server that you are recording or streaming. Often they do not want to tell something that does not belong into the public ;)

If you want to know why I did this, here you go:
Spoiler:

Download
(have you read the Attention part? this might not be what you think!)
You need Forge to be installed. Forge from version 6 upwards should work. If not please tell me.
After the download you have to put it in your mods folder. For a forge installation guide please google yourself.
Universal (1.4.4/1.4.5)
Universal (1.4.2)

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Controls
All controls are fully customizable as all Minecraft key. You can match it to the start key of your favourite recording/stream software.
F6 - Starts(and ends) the recording
F7 - Starts(and ends) the stream
P - List all players who are currently in the recording mode
O - Forces the mod not to the red light

Now it's your turn
Please leave a comment on how you like it and possible suggestions.

Changelog

updated for 1.4.4/1.4.5

You can see who records by holding tab
a glowing effect on the red light

Added streaming possibility (requested by Pahimar)

What's next?
These are upcoming features of the next version:
  • none
License
This document is Copyright ©() () () and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

Register or log in to remove.

RubbedMC
  • Minecraft: Rubbed

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

I've always liked to know how things worked ever since I was little. So, how do the other clients on the server know that one person is recording? Does it send a packet to the server or in chat or something? Database? Does it send bat minions to the other players on the server with a written book saying so? I WANT TO KNOW! TELL ME NOW!!!! HAHAHA

By the way, ER MER GERD FIRST UPVOTE! FIRST! FIRST!!!!!!!!

Henje
    Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

I am working on this for about a half and a week, because I actually forgot to make this mod. So I started searching and found very helpful information on the ForgeWiki. I recommend you to look there, because I learned how to do packets in forge on the tutorials page. But to answer your question yes, I am using packets. I send a packet to the server which includes the name. On the server, I am waiting for these packets to send it to the other clients and to store internally in a vector as the clients do. So in my vector is filled with everyone who is recording, so i only have to check, if there are any players in the vector.
I hope you got an overview on how my mod works and can can develop your own mods.

RubbedMC
  • Minecraft: Rubbed

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

You use a vector... I see... You know what the word vector reminded me of?
Spoiler:

jkling
    jkling

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

whare does the recorded file go?

Zeeth_Kyrah

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

View Postjkling, on 31 October 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

whare does the recorded file go?
This mod does not record a file. It tells other players on a server that you are recording.
"I dunno, ZK, that sounds pretty awesome..."
"Well then, let's get awesome!"

Pahimar
    Pahimar

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 434 posts
  • Minecraft: pahimar

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Should have an option for "Streaming" too

Just saying ;-)
Check out my official website! - http://www.pahimar.com

Henje
    Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Oh my god, a friend of mine told me to do so before the release but I said I can do that later. And now you say exactly the same :D
So I think I know, what to du next. I will implement it later today, european time.
But thanks for your attention!

Henje
    Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

So,  I implemented the streaming feature which will show up in blue to be noticeable. The download link now points to the new version.
I will upload images later.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

So simple, and so useful. <3 :)

waysidemedal
  • Minecraft: waysidemedal

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Amazing =D

TheLoucozade
  • Minecraft: Banter_x

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Would you mind if I made a mod review of this? :)
Go check out my YouTube channel!
www.youtube.com/user/TheLoucozade

Henje
    Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Not at all, go ahead and make it. But I want to make a change to the way how you see who records/streams in the next few days.
So I hope you can wait that long.

Capt_Kerplunk
  • Minecraft: Capt_Kerplunk

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

mod needs to record also

Zeeth_Kyrah

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostCapt_Kerplunk, on 04 November 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

mod needs to record also
Use recording software. Maybe you could set your video capture app to use the same key as this mod? Or does that conflict?

Henje
    Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

It was intended to do so. Normally it should work, but I didn't had the possibility to test it yet. If you can do so, try it and if it does not work I'll try to fix it.

Bellaabzug21

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

This is very very cool. But a slight suggestion is to be able to hide the little recording thing, it doesn't exactly beatify your minecraft screen when recording, no offense.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Henje
    Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

As you might not have seen, there is the ability to toggle its visibility when pressing O. Even if I did not have that function I would not be angry, but make me try to add this.

Bellaabzug21

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

cool, I'll definitely use this if I'm playing with a large group of peoples.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

Henje
    Henje

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

So I've updated the thread now because of the new version. TheLoucozade, the mos is so far ready because all features I wanted are implemented. You can now make your review of it, I would be pleased if you do so.