• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.6/1.4.7] [Forge] Sound Packs! (Unofficial continuation)

soundpacks forge 1.4.7

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Terrec
    Terrec

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Posted Image

This mod allows for sound packs.

They're like texture packs, but for your ears.

What can you do with this mod?
You can change the sounds of Minecraft, and create easy to use Sound Packs.

Why is this mod unofficial?
The official mod has been discontinued, probably permanently. I felt this mod was too useful to let it go to waste, so I got permission to update it and here we are. He didn't actually endorse this mod, though, therefore it's unofficial.

The resources updating setting doesn't work!
I think that setting's a carry-over from when this mod was still a .jar mod and it could actually stop Minecraft from updating the resources folder. I might replace it with something different later.

Why is this mod a .jar instead of a .zip?
Tradition, really. Xamio distributed it as a .jar, so I figured "why not". Why did he do it, you ask? No clue.

Compatible Sound Packs:
- Minecraft Classic Sounds Pack by GiveAway412. (Pre-1.4 sounds pack)
- Skyrim Craft Music Pack by brewski118.

Outdated Sound Packs:
These sound packs were made pre-1.4. As such they have some functionality, but are buggy. Instructions on how to fix this are near the bottom of this post.
- Retro Sounds Pack by Xamio. (Old sounds/reference pack)
- OblivionCraft Sound Pack by Olasonline
- Zelda Sound Pack by KingPosse
- Junk Jack Sound Pack by TheGoodUsernames
- Portal 2 Sound Pack by joshinator551
- Majora's Craft Unofficial Sound Pack by lxlxlxlxl

Have you made your own sound pack? Leave a post or send me a message!

How to make your own Sound Pack:
1. Make a copy of your resources folder and name the copy whatever you want your sound pack to be called.
2. Change sounds you wish to change. (Make sure they are .ogg files) You can use .ogg files instead of .mus in the streaming folder.
3. Delete any files you don't change.
4. Add an image named pack.png and a file named pack.txt. The image displays ingame at 64x64, and the contents of pack.txt are used as a description for the sound pack and can be blank.
5. ???
6. Profit.

THIS MOD USES MINECRAFT FORGE

V2.5 for 1.4.6 and 1.4.7
Download

Old versions

V2.3 for 1.4.5 and 1.4.4

V2.1 for 1.4.2

Screen shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Additional Info:

Installation.
1. Download and Install Minecraft Forge.
2. Download this mod and place the .jar in your mods folder

//Optional: Sound pack installation//
3. Download a Sound Pack.
4. Extract the contents of the .zip or .rar file into "%appdata%\.minecraft\Soundpacks"
5. Start Minecraft.
6. Enjoy.

Note: Unlike with texture packs, the sound packs CANNOT be read in a .zip folder. They can only be read in normal folders. You MUST do step 4 correctly.

Updating old sound packs.
Minecraft no longer natively uses the sound and newsound folders and has changed a few sound names. Sound Packs will let you use those folders but this feature is currently buggy, and as such it is recommended you update the pack to use sound3 instead.
1. Rename the newsound folder to sound3. If you still want to use the sound pack on older versions of Minecraft, then copy the folder instead and name the copy sound3.
2. A number of files have been renamed, and extra sounds for some events have been added. I'll be sorting this list by folder for simplicity.
Spoiler:
For the sounds that have had extras added, just copy one of the sounds of that type that's already there and give it the new sound's name. If you want a specific sound removed you can make a sound file that's a couple seconds of silence and put that in the proper place with the proper name.

Of course, I only listed sounds that have been renamed or had new versions added, so if you want a proper update you should ask whoever made to pack to do it!

Compatible with:
- Forge
- Optifine
- And much more

Incompatibilities:
- ModLoader
- AudioMod

Credit:
-Xamio(Stone)(He bug tested)
-CrazyPutJe (He made everything else)
-Terrec (That's me! I'm updating this)

Posted Image

Sound Packs by Crazyputje and Xamio (XamioStone) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Register or log in to remove.

Peurounet
  • Minecraft: peurounet

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

First! Awesome, I love that mod. Posted Image

By the way, could you do a always music button ON/OFF, and maybe random sound button too... A little more like optifine
Posted Image

Terrec
    Terrec

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

So I just found out there's a new sound pack mod that's superior in every way to this one called Audiotori that I would have known about had I refreshed Xamio's topic at any point within the hour before I posted this. Yes, I feel very silly right now.

Peurounet
  • Minecraft: peurounet

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Lol, nothing too bad. :)
Posted Image

lekrosa
    lekrosa

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Yay, a continuation! Now all to wait for is the soundpacks. Or maybe I should make a "retro" sound pack, like the old one?
Posted Image
Quote me to let me know you want a reply - Click the arrow if the post helped you in any way, or you just like it ->

MentalGunz

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

great to see the new thread :) im so glad someone has taken the time to continue this mod, the 1.4 step sounds and destroy sounds are horrible :L

Cartmanimm

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

sry my english isnt so good. can u make an example for
/mobs/
This folder has been significantly reorganized. All of the sounds that weren't in their own subfolders before are in one now. Aside from that, the [mob](number).ogg files have been renamed to say(number).ogg, and the [mob]hurt(number).ogg files have had the [mob] prefix removed. If there have been any additions you can find them yourself after organizing that mess.

Terrec
    Terrec

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostCartmanimm, on 01 November 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

sry my english isnt so good. can u make an example for
/mobs/
This folder has been significantly reorganized. All of the sounds that weren't in their own subfolders before are in one now. Aside from that, the [mob](number).ogg files have been renamed to say(number).ogg, and the [mob]hurt(number).ogg files have had the [mob] prefix removed. If there have been any additions you can find them yourself after organizing that mess.

Sure. The words in brackets [ ] and parentheses ( ) are placeholders I used because the things those words represent are variable. For instance, /mob/chicken1.ogg has become /mob/chicken/say1.ogg and /mob/creeper2.ogg has become /mob/creeper/say2.ogg. I hope that helps.

Cartmanimm

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

thank u Posted Image

Bankotsu25

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I can't get it to work, can you help me?
Here's what i did:
I installed forge (and it works fine)
Installed the mod
Created the sound pack I want to use (I changed only a couple of files in music and new music, named them the same as the originals and deleted the rest)
Deleted every folder I didn't want to change (sounds, newsounds etc)
Then I put the pack folder in soundpacks

The mod recognizes it and shows me the pack image and description, but when I select it and play, the musics I changed are still the Vanilla ones! What am I doing wrong?

Terrec
    Terrec

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostBankotsu25, on 02 November 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

I can't get it to work, can you help me?
Here's what i did:
I installed forge (and it works fine)
Installed the mod
Created the sound pack I want to use (I changed only a couple of files in music and new music, named them the same as the originals and deleted the rest)
Deleted every folder I didn't want to change (sounds, newsounds etc)
Then I put the pack folder in soundpacks

The mod recognizes it and shows me the pack image and description, but when I select it and play, the musics I changed are still the Vanilla ones! What am I doing wrong?
Hmm, from what you described it should be working. They're actually in the sound pack's music and new music folders, right? And they're actually .ogg files and not just .mp3's or whatever renamed to .ogg? I think I have the issues with loading sounds before Minecraft loads the Vanilla sounds fixed, but I guess if the resources folder was missing Minecraft would register the sounds as it downloaded them, so that would mess it up, too. In fact, I just tried that, and I was right. If you did everything right then that's probably what happened.

Bankotsu25

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Ok, no problem.
I retried today and the music works fine, I have no idea why.
Minecraft is a mystery.

Still, thanks a lot for the help... and the mod!

Mes_gots_its

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostTerrec, on 31 October 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

So I just found out there's a new sound pack mod that's superior in every way to this one called Audiotori that I would have known about had I refreshed Xamio's topic at any point within the hour before I posted this. Yes, I feel very silly right now.

Don't feel too bad, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would rather download this due to personal preferences. I was really frustrated when this mod was discontinued, so I commend you for taking up the reigns and updating it. Good job :)

darknessninja77

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

not sure whats up but i got this when joining a server

Spoiler:

edit: oh wait i think it mite of been fixed in the v2.1 as i was able to get on again

Edited by darknessninja77, 06 November 2012 - 03:31 AM.

Posted Image

GoldenEagle2556

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I will defiantly download this mod and make my own sound pack to go with the texture pack I'm making, but that's when I figure out how much memory I should allocate to my minecraft (I had issues with running out of memory with the official mod before, and I know this mod'll do the same) so if any one can help me with that, I will love it if you did.
Posted Image

lekrosa
    lekrosa

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostGoldenEagle2556, on 07 November 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

I will defiantly download this mod...
You will be very defiant in downloading this mod.
Posted Image
Quote me to let me know you want a reply - Click the arrow if the post helped you in any way, or you just like it ->

thewhitebaron

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yes. I hope this mod will have the menu music unlike auditori.
Please quote me when replying to my posts.
Posted Image

Terrec
    Terrec

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

The mod's updated for 1.4.4. If your soundpack has a streaming folder be sure to rename where are we now to wait.

Xamio
    Xamio

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • Minecraft: Xamiostone

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Just noticed something.

Why is this mod a .jar instead of a .zip?

Because with forge, you can put the .jar file into the ".minecraft/mods" folder and doesn't require you to edit the minecraft.jar. Easy installation my friend.

Also, I'd like to say that my good friend CrazyPutJe is the master mind behind the official mod. I just spoke good(ish) English and had a pretty face.

Posted Image

zeldafan57
  • Minecraft: zeldafan57

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Why Do People Like Forge? It Sucks! GO MODLOADER!