News 26 August 2013: The pack just got featured in a Curse.com Minecraft Spotlight!
The latest update adds and extends mod support for:
Better Grass & Leaves, Biomes O' Plenty (WIP), Jammy Furniture Mod.
Hey there! This texture pack is my fan continuation of Ray Frenden's Cartoon Pack - "Made of awesome!"
It's one of the first texture packs. I discovered it over two years ago shortly after i bought Minecraft, it made me register here to thank Ray for it.
A few months ago i started to play again. I noticed soon that i don't want to play without this pack, but Ray had decided a while ago to stop updating it, he made it open source and uploaded it on Github. So i had to do something...
The pack works without any modifications, but i recommend to use MCPatcher or Optifine.
You'll get the best results with MCPatcher. Want to know more? Scroll down to additional infos.
(some the custom biome colors are only visible with MCPatcher)
The GUI (the custom font is now available in 1.6.2 vanilla!):
A few random screenshots (i'll add some up-to-date images later):
... and a few more landscapes:
Download version 4.6 for 1.6.2 from Curse (main link)
Download version 4.6 for 1.6.2 from Planet Minecraft (mirror)
Frenden's Meringued Cartoon Pack on Curse
Frenden's Meringued Cartoon Pack on Planet Minecraft
The custom font is now available in 1.6.2 vanilla!
This is what you'll also get when you patch with MCPatcher or Optifine:
- Connected Textures Mod features (glass, nice pillars (use half slabs), various colored wood, random textures…)
- visible glass (a BetterGlas feature of MCPatcher), connected glass just looks better with it
- "Natural Textures", a feature of Optifine - several textures are rotated to avoid repeating patters
- custom biome colours for the sky, terrain, leaves, fog, water…
- custom sky textures - cloud banks, a new night sky, comets
- some random mob textures
- a custom font
For more of Frenden's stuff you should visit his portfolio/blog: http://frenden.com
and Twitter: @frenden