• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[32x] John Smith: Legacy (1.4.7/1.5/1.6/1.7) [JSTR - Mod support (FTB, Tekkit .etc.)][Community Project]

john smith texture pack mod mods technic tekkit ftb feed the beast jstr updated

• Please log in to reply
1410 replies to this topic

Glowstrontium
  • Minecraft: Glowstrontium

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Continuing the legacy...

With the original author of the John Smith texture pack being on hiatus for an unknown amount of time, and the last version of Minecraft to be completely textured being 1.2.5, many people have been eargerally awaiting an updated version that works properly with 1.4.5 and upcoming versions of Minecraft. With that, the Minecraft community has decided to work on some third-party updates to add the missing textures in a manner faithful to the original John Smith.

Also, many people play with mods, and especially with the recent launch of the FTB modpacks, all of the things those excellent mods add will stick out like a sore thumb with the default 16x textures when using the JS pack, and so we have the answer...

Please Head over to the JS Legacy site for all downloads:

>>> www.jslegacy.com <<<

Thanks to Patrick Geneva's kindness, there is now an official customizer available for John Smith, which can be found HERE.

Until further notice, downloads can now be found at the following locations:

JS Legacy (Vanilla & Snapshots)

JS Technician's Remix (Mod Support + Modified Vanilla)

Either MCpatcher or Optifine are required to use this texture pack correctly with MC versions 1.4.7 or lower.  If you are experiencing problems such as missing textures or no animations, please ensure you have either MCpatcher or Optifine installed before reporting the issue.  Please note that we recommend using either MCpatcher or Optifine even if you're using MC 1.5+, as they both optimize how texture packs work.

Posted Image
First and foremost, credit goes to John Smith (for the original texture pack); Greenhawk837, iTpyn, JimStoneCraft, arkindal &amp;amp; the MCF community (for various textures updated while the original author is MIA); Lazdude2012, Glowstontium, Zicamox (for JSTR); Vattic (for the Faithful 32 textures); John Lemon (for most of the IC2 item textures).

Posted Image
Spoiler:

Posted Image
If you like this texture pack and would like to make its existence wider knowledge, why not display one of these banners in your signature?
Posted Image
[url="http://www.jslegacy.com"][img]http://i.imgur.com/U3XOfQl.jpg[img][/url]

More banners can be found HERE.

Posted Image
Please note that while the JSTR texture pack contains new textures for the majority of the items in many of these mods, there are still certain items, blocks, and GUIs that have not yet been “JSed”. However, for most of these, textures from Vattic's Faithful 32 pack have been used as placeholders.

Please be patient, as it takes time to insert class. The ratio of JohnSmith items to Faithful items is gradually improving. Also, there may be bugs. Please, tell us, so we can fix them for everybody. This being said, none of the Faithful textures look much out of place in the JohnSmith world, and what has been done is classy and fun. Please, try the pack, tell us what you think, and feel free to add suggestions at any time. We're always looking for input on the pack, from which direction to go with a certain block to which mods we should really be focussing on. Thanks for your support, and happy Minecrafting.

Also, whilst many mods have already updated to support the latest release of Minecraft (1.4.2), Many people are still using 1.2.5, as are modpacks like Technic, so There may be a few issues with the latest versions of mods whilst we update everything.
________

Finally, PLEASE stop complaining about how text is difficult to read on the mod GUIs. We are fully aware of the issue, but unfortunately the colour for GUI text is hardcoded and theres currently feasible way of changing it.  While the GUIs could be redesigned to have a solid light background, this would not only look disgusting, but would not faithful to the traditional style of the John Smith texture pack.  It would also mean redesign every single GUI for all the mods we currently support, which equates to hundreds of them to redo.

Anyway, with all that being said, thanks for your support, and happy Minecrafting Posted Image .
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Hog_blast

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Holy heck nice work!
Posted Image

supermitch68
  • Minecraft: supermitch6868

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

o_0
O helz yeah i'm downloading!
Posted Image

xThisIsAcciox
  • Minecraft: AccioComputer

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Beautiful!
Posted Image

Glowstrontium

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Just to let everyone know I have just added support for Extra Biomes XL :).
Posted Image

LazDude2012

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

Man, your post manages to make MCForums look nice! Posted Image
P.S. the weekly build is more a "weekly-ish" build. Just FYI.
PPS. I'm so stealing that banner.

Edited by LazDude2012, 02 November 2012 - 03:51 AM.

Posted Image

Greenhawk837
  • Minecraft: Greenhawk837

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

I couldn't find any textures for Extra Biomes XL in the pack?

Glowstrontium

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostGreenhawk837, on 02 November 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

I couldn't find any textures for Extra Biomes XL in the pack?

Did you download from the drive or did you download the "weekly" build?  To get the latest stuff it's best to download from the Google drive.

Anyhow I have just updated the weekly-ish build, so that should now too contain EBXL textures Posted Image
Posted Image

Greenhawk837

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

I downloaded it from Google drive, for me it saids that the last modified file was on the 28th of October. has it been updated since?

edit: The new weekly build doesn't have a terrain.png included

Glowstrontium

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Okay, looks like my Google drive process crashed and none of the updated files got uploaded, sorry about that, I have re-uploaded the weekly build, should contain the terrain.png and EBXL textures now.

Let me know if there are still any problems, for some reason google drive still doesn't seem to be downloading the terrain.png properly, not sure if it's just me or if I need to reupload it.
Posted Image

Greenhawk837

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

The Extra Biomes Xl files are now there. Thanks for fixing it, but the terrain.png is still not in the weekly build

When I download the pack from Google drive the terrain.png is included

Mr_G_Reaper

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

looks awsome,
quick qestion though if you have the latest buildcraft and the latest railcraft etc and the texture pack supports old versions does that mean some items are just at the default textures? or that some items are invisible?

Ever thought there may be a use for bunnys?
http://www.minecraft...rs-twisted-mod/

Kankytwist
  • Minecraft: Kankytwist

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Wow, really good job there! I personally don't like JS much but I'm looking forward to play technic mods with this!
Posted Image

Tolaja
    Tolaja

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Wow thank you so much for your work! gonna check it out.
Posted Image

Glowstrontium

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

View Postmrgreaper, on 02 November 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

looks awsome,
quick qestion though if you have the latest buildcraft and the latest railcraft etc and the texture pack supports old versions does that mean some items are just at the default textures? or that some items are invisible?

It totally depends on the mod in question, though Railcraft and Buildcraft have recently both changed the location in which the textures are stored, and I have been working in the past week to get them updated to be compatible with the latest versions.  Luckily this means that I can leave the old textures (for the 1.2.5 versions) in place.

I'm hoping that it won't be long until all the popular mods are both released and stable on 1.4.2 (or 1.4.3 as it happens), and 1.2.5 will finally become obsolite, because only then can a lot of things be cleaned up.

If you spot any missing or glitched textures, feel free to let us know, as they may be fixable without affecting later versions.
Posted Image

Aelphais

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Will you guys be doing the Advanced Machines (original version) IC2 add on?

Edit: Oh, they are there, nevermind about that.

Posted Image

Like Dungeon Keeper?  Check out the video on Kickstarter:  http://kck.st/YaLXcI

Kinglightson
  • Minecraft: Kinglightson

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Glowstonium, it is great to see that this thread has finally made it to the minecraft forums! Also is the world in the lighter colered banner your own? Or is that one that you found on line?
Posted Image

Glowstrontium

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

^ That world was on a private server with the JSTR team, but the contents of the banner is of my own construction :)

Just another thing that everyone should be aware of, is the Creative interface in MC 1.3+ is messed up, but I can't fix it without breaking the 1.2.5 interface, so I'll shortly be uploading a fix for that.
Posted Image

Kinglightson
  • Minecraft: Kinglightson

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostGlowstrontium, on 03 November 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

^ That world was on a private server with the JSTR team, but the contents of the banner is of my own construction Posted Image

Oh okay. I was gonna say that house looked pretty sweet, but I wasn't sure.

Also, will the JSTR team be hosting a small server at any time? Where it is recommended to use the JSTR texture pack and to build epic creations in tekkit using it. Just curious, since that could be cool if you guys did.
Posted Image

Glowstrontium

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Unfortunately there aren't any plans at the moment for anything like that.  It could happen one day, but I wouldn't hedge any bets on it.
Posted Image