• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2/1.7.4/1.7.5]Shaders Mod v2.3.12 (updated by karyonix)

shaders glsl 1.7.2 1.7.4 1.7.5

• Please log in to reply
7143 replies to this topic

KaosC57
    KaosC57

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Minecraft: KaosC57

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostAvantar45, on 28 May 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

So I can run the shader mod on an unmodded client just fine. However when I install my mods I get this error.

Spoiler:

Any ideas how to fix this?

Quick Answer. Dont install mods.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Minecraft: Kinda obvious...

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

Karyonix, I know you have worked hard on this mod, but I noticed a lot of the shaders I get are laggy, and I know those are the shaders, not the mod. I was wondering if you could somehow make a FPS Boost mod for this mod other than Optifine, so it removes almost ALL lag. I think this would help many.

If you can't do it, I can live with laggy shaders Posted Image

Also, I love your mod, and can't wait for more updates! Posted Image

-Pugin94

Nevermind. This would be impossible. I can just use Optifine and FPS++. :D
Posted Image
[==========================================]
[I am the leader and creator of the Sheep Bros™]

KaosC57
    KaosC57

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostPugin94, on 28 May 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Karyonix, I know you have worked hard on this mod, but I noticed a lot of the shaders I get are laggy, and I know those are the shaders, not the mod. I was wondering if you could somehow make a FPS Boost mod for this mod other than Optifine, so it removes almost ALL lag. I think this would help many.

-Pugin94

That would literaly be Impossible. Get a better GPU and CPU and you will be fine.
Posted Image

JonnyBrando
    JonnyBrando

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1077 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostAvantar45, on 28 May 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

So I can run the shader mod on an unmodded client just fine. However when I install my mods I get this error.

Spoiler:

Any ideas how to fix this?

Add the mods a few a time a figure out which one is causing the crash.

It's got to be something that is injecting textures.

Someone else mentioned a few pages back that the CodeChicken mods are causing greif in the latest GLSL release (ender storage / etc).

My archive of Optifine and GLSL Shaders releases:

https://www.dropbox.com/

Avantar45

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostJonnyBrando, on 28 May 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Add the mods a few a time a figure out which one is causing the crash.

It's got to be something that is injecting textures.

Someone else mentioned a few pages back that the CodeChicken mods are causing greif in the latest GLSL release (ender storage / etc).

Thanks for the reply. I'll try removing NEI.

*update*

Removing NEI didnt work. Guess I'll start adding mod by mod.

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostKaosC57, on 28 May 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

That would literaly be Impossible. Get a better GPU and CPU and you will be fine.

Ok, I will try. I was just hoping there could be a mod other than Optifine that made the shaders less laggy, even by a little bit. But thanks for the help!
Posted Image

EskimoNoise
  • Minecraft: EskimoNoise
  • Xbox:EskimoNoise

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostPugin94, on 28 May 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

If you can't do it, I can live with laggy shaders Posted Image

-Pugin94

Do you know why running with shaders can cause lag compared to vanilla?

It renders the geometry twice, once for shadows and once for visible shapes, the latter pass fills 8 buffers (on vanilla with no shaders it's 1 buffer) then it has to combine all of the buffers and the shadow into a composite image and copy it into a final buffer, and it's doing all of this in real time to everything in your chosen draw distance.

EskimoNoise's Texture Pack Conversions For Shaders

https://www.facebook.com/EskimoNoise

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostEskimoNoise, on 28 May 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Do you know why running with shaders can cause lag compared to vanilla?

It renders the geometry twice, once for shadows and once for visible shapes, the latter pass fills 8 buffers (on vanilla with no shaders it's 1 buffer) then it has to combine all of the buffers and the shadow into a composite image and copy it into a final buffer, and it's doing all of this in real time to everything in your chosen draw distance.

Wow, that's kind of confusing...

But thanks for helping.

By the way, I have turned most of my video settings to fast, not fancy, or off, and I notice this is reducing lag. Are there any settings I should turn off that might make it less laggy?
Posted Image

EskimoNoise

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostPugin94, on 28 May 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Wow, that's kind of confusing...

But thanks for helping.

By the way, I have turned most of my video settings to fast, not fancy, or off, and I notice this is reducing lag. Are there any settings I should turn off that might make it less laggy?

Always make sure you have the latest drivers (320.18 for Nvidia or for AMD it's 13.4)
There's a few things you can do to speed things up, lowering draw distance and resolution are the two big ones.
The quickest boost to your framerate are draw distance and resolution. Put the game in a window press F3 to view your framerate, and shrink the window until you get the sort of frame rate you want, take a screenshot and look at the dimensions of the pic and then you can go into the Other Settings section in minecraft and change your fullscreen mode to the resolution you want (or just do it all through changing the fullscreen mode, but it's a lot slower).
After that you'll have to start losing the pretties.
You could turn off waving grass, wheat and trees by going into gbuffers_terrain.vsh and putting // in front of #define WAVING_GRASS  #define WAVING_WHEAT  #define WAVING_LEAVES  #define WAVING_FIRE
You can disable POM (parallax occlusion mapping) by putting // in front of #define POM in gbuffers_entities.fsh gbuffers_hand.fsh and gbuffers_terrain.fsh
You could lower the shadow render distance in composite.fsh by changing the values of SHADOWDISTANCE and SHADOWHPL (make sure they have the same value)
While you're in composite.fsh you can reduce the shadow resolution by lowering the value of SHADOW_RES
Some people have said that disabling SSAO in composite.fsh helped them a lot, although I only got a couple of extra frames out of it. (you have to comment out // every line with #define SSAO in it)
If none of that makes a big enough difference, try a different set of shaders.
v08 is the lowest, has no water, and is really for people who get single figures in v10
I wouldn't recommend anything before v10 RC6 to begin with, purely because they need things like custom lightmaps or modified texture packs to work properly.
Chocapic has a modified version of v10 RC6, and even has cut down Lite versions which perform almost as well as v08. So those are a good choice if you want speed but still want it looking halfway decent.

Yes it's copied and pasted, saves having to type it every time someone asks for performance tips.

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

View PostEskimoNoise, on 28 May 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

-snip-

Thanks for the help! When I shrink my windows down, I get WAY less lag. It is kinda annoying that I will have to shrink it down everytime, but it's worth it for the beauty of shaders! Thanks so much for the help! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

-Pugin94
Posted Image

EskimoNoise

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostPugin94, on 28 May 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Thanks for the help! When I shrink my windows down, I get WAY less lag. It is kinda annoying that I will have to shrink it down everytime, but it's worth it for the beauty of shaders! Thanks so much for the help! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

-Pugin94

Take a screenshot while it's in a window and look at what dimensions it is, then go into the Options - Other section and change your fullscreen mode to whatever is closest to the size of the screenshot you took. It should remember that setting for each time

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostEskimoNoise, on 28 May 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Take a screenshot while it's in a window and look at what dimensions it is, then go into the Options - Other section and change your fullscreen mode to whatever is closest to the size of the screenshot you took. It should remember that setting for each time

Can you put that in a more understandable way? It's hard to understand that...

EDIT: Wait, are you saying I should put Minecraft IN fullscreen mode, but then change it to the dimensions I like, and it will remember that?
Posted Image

EskimoNoise

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostPugin94, on 28 May 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Can you put that in a more understandable way? It's hard to understand that...

Put minecraft in a window at the size that makes it smooth
Press F2 to take a screenshot
Go to your screenshots folder and hover your cursor over the screenshot, a box with it's dimensions should appear
Remember these dimensions
In the game, open the Options and then go to the "Other" section, you should see an option to set your Fullscreen Mode
Set it to whatever the dimensions were that you remembered (or as close as you can get them)
Then run the game in fullscreen

Please don't ask for it any simpler than that, I just can't

Darki
    Darki

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'm having trouble trying to use the Smart Moving mod with this one. At first I though I was doing something wrong when installing them, but  the only mods that crash the game together are those two.

Is there any way to make them work together?

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostEskimoNoise, on 28 May 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Put minecraft in a window at the size that makes it smooth
Press F2 to take a screenshot
Go to your screenshots folder and hover your cursor over the screenshot, a box with it's dimensions should appear
Remember these dimensions
In the game, open the Options and then go to the "Other" section, you should see an option to set your Fullscreen Mode
Set it to whatever the dimensions were that you remembered (or as close as you can get them)
Then run the game in fullscreen

Please don't ask for it any simpler than that, I just can't

When I press fullscreen, all it does is fill the screen. I can't change it's dimensions...Or maybe I can, I don't know. I'll try it.

Also, would I have to open Fullscreen everytime when I run Minecraft?
Posted Image

EskimoNoise

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostPugin94, on 28 May 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

When I press fullscreen, all it does is fill the screen. I can't change it's dimensions...Or maybe I can, I don't know. I'll try it.

Basically if you have a 1080p screen and you set fullscreen mode to 720p it will still run the game at 720p but enlarge the pixels to fill 1080p
It's won't be as clear, but it's probably better than trying to stare at a tiny window

Pugin94
    Pugin94

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostEskimoNoise, on 28 May 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Basically if you have a 1080p screen and you set fullscreen mode to 720p it will still run the game at 720p but enlarge the pixels to fill 1080p
It's won't be as clear, but it's probably better than trying to stare at a tiny window

Yeah it is pretty annoying staring at a tiny window. But If I make it a LITTLE bit smaller, maybe I won't notice the difference...

But I still don't get how to get fullscreen like that.

Thanks for the help anyway.
Posted Image

EskimoNoise

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostPugin94, on 28 May 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Yeah it is pretty annoying staring at a tiny window. But If I make it a LITTLE bit smaller, maybe I won't notice the difference...

But I still don't get how to get fullscreen like that.

Thanks for the help anyway.

F11

AlphaInventor
  • Minecraft: InventingKing
  • Xbox:InventingKing

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

When I try to download it, my antivirus says a risky connection has been blocked, and after that, I can't download it, and I certainly don't want to take down my firewall. Anyone know what to do?
I am a future soldier with the ability to transform into and anthro-wolf and back, for those of you who are curious. (And no, I am not a cyborg!)

KaosC57
    KaosC57

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostAlphaInventor, on 28 May 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

When I try to download it, my antivirus says a risky connection has been blocked, and after that, I can't download it, and I certainly don't want to take down my firewall. Anyone know what to do?

Your Antivirus is derp. get Microsoft Security Essentials.
Posted Image