There are some new features or improvements by karyonix, id_miner, Sonic Ether.
- Support multiple composite programs (compostire1, composite2, composite3, etc)
- Ability to change shaders in game (by id_miner)
- New variables sent from java code to shaders
- Shaders can select draw buffers to write to
- More depth buffers and shadow depth buffers
- Generate draw buffer mipmap. (by Sonic Ether)
This mod requires relatively recent and fast graphic card.
On NVIDIA GTX460, it runs at around 30-40 FPS.
For Minecraft 1.7.2
- Wait for MCP release before updating ShadersMod.
For Minecraft 1.6.4
- ShadersMod v2.0.1 beta 18 works in Minecraft 1.6.4 (with FML or Forge for Minecraft 1.6.4).
- GLSL Shaders Mod (updated by karyonix) v2.0.1 beta18 for Minecraft 1.6.2-1.6.4 (2013-10-01)
Fixed access flag of some fields and methods.
Fixed fogMode has zero value.
Fixed skyColor value.
Requires either Forge or FML.
Optifine's anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing are not compatible yet. Turn them off when use with shaders mod.
download link 1 (dropbox)
If the above link does not work, use alternative link in the following spoiler.
Spoiler:When you save the file, make sure its file extension is ".jar", not ".zip".
Spoiler: Previous beta
But Optifine in mods folder is not compatible because of change in Forge/FML.
Forge 184.108.40.2067/FML 220.127.116.115 can load Optifine in mods folder but it runs Optifine's class transformer after ShadersMod, so Optifine overwrite the change that ShadersMod does, so ShadersMod is not functional.
I have an experimental FML Plugin for loading OptiFine from mods folder.
If you are interested, follow this link.
- Use Mojang's Minecraft Launcher to run Minecraft 1.6.2. Then close it.
- Install Minecraft Forge or FML with its installer.
- Use Mojang's Minecraft Launcher.
Select "Forge" or "FML" in profile box at lower left corner of launcher window.
You should see "Mods" button in title screen below "Multiplayer" button.
Check whether everything is alright and close.
- Copy ShadersModCore-....jar to %appdata%\.minecraft\mods folder.
Make sure its file extension is ".jar", not ".zip".
- If you want to install other FML mods or Forge mods, copy them to the same mods folder.
- Use Mojang's Minecraft Launcher to run Minecraft 1.6.2 with profile Forge.
- Open Option menu, Shaders... button. Click open shaderpacks folder.
- Put some shaderpacks in the folder.
- In Shaders screen click shaderpack name.
- bump-shadow-waving 0.9.7 (2013-09-23)
download link 1 (mediafire) or download link 2 (dropbox)
Demonstrate the use of multiple depth buffers, multiple shadow buffers and shadow color buffer.
Underwater shading is still incomplete -- it is too bright now.
Compatible with NVIDIA, AMD, Intel HD Graphics.
- Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v10.0
- Naelego's Cel Shaders
- MrMeep_x3's Shaders
- Sildur's shaders PC/Mac,Intel compatible. (remove SEUS code done)
- Chocapic13's Shaders
wait for update
- De Delner's CUDA Shaders (German)
Facebook (German): https://www.facebook.com/CUDAShaders
- How to prepare shaderpack zip file
- How to prepare shaderpack folder for in-game shaders selection
Spoiler:Here is folder structure for .minecraft/shaderpacks
Resource packs links
You need resource packs that have normal map and specular map for some shader effects.
For minecraft 1.6, 1.5 : ENPacks EskimoNoise's web site contains a number of texture packs with normal map and specular map.
Graphics drivers links
If you encounter problem running this mod, try update your graphics driver.
- daxnitro for original GLSL Shaders mod
- id_miner for GLSL Shaders OF
- sp614x for Optifine
- sonicether for Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
- snowycat2012, volDeus for suggestion of fixing buffer overflow
- Alexei03a for suggestion of improvement.
daxnitro created the original GLSL SHADERS mod which create possibility for better-looking Minecraft.
However, in September to October 2012, daxnitro did not update his mod for new Minecraft version 1.3.2-1.4.2. The last version was 2.1.6 for Minecraft 1.3.1.
Many users requested an update for new Mincraft version.
daxnitro said in his post that he allow modification and distribution of his mod.
If you like the mod and want to donate to daxnitro, see the link in his thread.
GLSL Shaders Mod by daxnitro
GLSL Shaders OF by id_miner
GLSL Shaders Mod modified by karyonix
OptiFine by sp614x
Magic Launcher by sp614x
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders
Sonic Ether's facebook page
Edited by karyonix, 12 November 2013 - 05:26 PM.