• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Rotator Block!(Rotating blocks,rails ,redstone items and over Ton More Uses!)(Has lots of Pictures)*150+ Supporters!*-Control The Directions!-

rotator motor turn blocks redstone rotate rotor device turning direction spinning

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

Poll: Rotator Block!(Rotating blocks,rails ,redstone items and over Ton More Uses!)(Has lots of Pictures)*150+ Supporters!*-Control The Directions!- (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Choose what Rotator is better suited for minecraft. read topic before voting please.

1. Right Click Rotator this Version Direction is set by Right Clicking the rotator (53 votes [46.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.90%

2. Redstone Rotator this version Turns Blocks based on where the rotator gets power. (60 votes [53.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.10%

Do you want one of the Rotator Versions to be in minecraft?

1. Yes (107 votes [94.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.69%

2. No (6 votes [5.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

The Power director block should it be added with the Rotator?

1. Yes (45 votes [47.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.87%

2. Yes but with a name change (Suggest a name if you can think of any) (30 votes [31.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

3. No (19 votes [20.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Minecraft: 000

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

POPULAR

Rotator

This special device made with Red stone , Cobble ,Iron ,Wood and a Slimeball.

Recipe:
Posted Image

Version 1 of the Rotator
*Right Click Rotator*

Animated 3d Gif.
Posted Image

Here is the Block map i created and used for this model

Posted Image

How to Use:
If placed on floor the Job of this item is to rotate the one item above it 90 degrees clockwise Instantly each pulse of power, Right clicking the Side of it makes it set for counter-clockwise or vice versa.

If placed on the ceiling the Rotator is turned upside down and rotates the block below it 90 degrees clockwise Instantly each pulse of power and By Right clicking it the Side of it makes it set for counter-clockwise or vice versa.

To Place block on the Rotator Just Hold Shift while placing.

If Breakable items like tourches and signs are placed on top of rotator or a rotated block they will not brake or pop off from the rotation.

When the Rotations are Changed the Arrows on the side turns to the Correct direction needed.

When Right Clicked The Rotator will make a Click Noise and When Power is applied it will Make

a quick Buzz noise. To not be confused with the sound of Pistons.

And if power stays ON the Rotator it still only Rotate 90 degrees once, Similar to how Dispensers Work
sence update 13w04a came out Despensers and Droppers can now be faces up and down, I think rotators Could maybe work on there sides to add a way to turn these devices clockwise or counter-clockwise much like clocks.

only suggesting this cuase i seen new update and i think Rotators could help make

survival mode and Adventure map creation alot more Wide Range.

Version 2 of the Rotator
*Redstone Rotator*

Posted Image

animated gif showing all sides of the rotator version 2

Posted Image

this is the Blocks Map i used for the model. below

Posted Image

Version 2 Info: Version 2 Works about the same way as the version 1 Rotator and has same recipe but instead of a right click to change direction of the rotating instead block rotates based on the side where you apply power.

Added (3/20/2013): If Rotators are added This Would be a Good Way to Add More Face Blocks and Maybe some With useful Functions as well.

Director Block Name not fully set only temporary
New redstone Block to add Director Block Its made to go hand in hand with the Rotator The ideas are related so does not count as wish list
ike seen below animated gif.

Posted Image

Director block does not produce signal in any dirction besides the one block space in front of it. like seen below not animated.

Posted Image

this block used with rotators would be used for Extremly advanced curcuitry.
if used you can create more advanced compact clocks, timers, decoders ,turrets, Rs Nor-Latches and lots more.

this block can be used with Pistons as well.
recipe for this block is simple.

Suggested names for Director: Redstone Director.  only one suggested at the moment.

uses 7 Solid Stone and 1 Redstone Torch.

Posted Image

Spoiler: Rotatable Items List

Spoiler: List of Uses

Spoiler: Suggested Mob and Player effects

Spoiler: Supporters

Other Redstone related Ideas by other people

Posted Image

Edited by Tizorna, 01 October 2013 - 11:27 PM.

*The Creator of the Rotator thread* (over 90% Support) Click the Rotator picture to Find out more info*Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Black_Drath
  • Minecraft: Black_Drath

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

The rotor is ok, I can think of uses for that, so sure.
The 'catche' is totally unneeded though. The same thing can be done with redstone wire and a repeater(s) already so I don't see why anyone would need this.
The breaker would be useful I guess, but it has a fairly niche use, and can already be done with existing redstone. It also only has one use, most redstone components have a number of uses. Redstone torches, for example can invert the signal as well as send power upward. Repeaters replenish the signal and can also be used as delayers and be locked. I think more thought needs to go into this idea.

Posted Image

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostBlack_Drath, on 30 October 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

The rotor is ok, I can think of uses for that, so sure.
The 'catche' is totally unneeded though. The same thing can be done with redstone wire and a repeater(s) already so I don't see why anyone would need this.
The breaker would be useful I guess, but it has a fairly niche use, and can already be done with existing redstone. It also only has one use, most redstone components have a number of uses. Redstone torches, for example can invert the signal as well as send power upward. Repeaters replenish the signal and can also be used as delayers and be locked. I think more thought needs to go into this idea.
thanks for the feed back the most useful one seems to be the rotor i could make this thread dedicated to it.
*The Creator of the Rotator thread* (over 90% Support) Click the Rotator picture to Find out more info*Posted Image

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Updated with pics and animted Gif

Talons7331

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

Due to the way tile entities work, it would be impossible with furnaces/chests/dispensers, but it would work with pumpkins, logs, and the like.

I've decided minecraftforum is terrible.Posted Image

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostTalons7331, on 03 November 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Due to the way tile entities work, it would be impossible with furnaces/chests/dispensers, but it would work with pumpkins, logs, and the like.
i forgot How chest,Furneses some other things work but they would have to tweak them a good bit to make this work with rotors.
if they find a way to make it  work i wont complain lol, but its really meant to work with things like pistons and reapters and few other things.
i thought this would fit in pretty well in the game.

OrfulBiggun

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostTizorna, on 03 November 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

i forgot How chest,Furneses some other things work but they would have to tweak them a good bit to make this work with rotors.
if they find a way to make it  work i wont complain lol, but its really meant to work with things like pistons and reapters and few other things.

I for one am impressed. Heck yes.

Not saying Mojang should quit fixing bugs and start adding rotors and what was that other thing ... oh the collector? Yeah. No, fix the bugs. Then add stuff.

Still, at some point, with the most egregious bugs fixed, and the mod API in place ... it would be awesome to have some more machinery type stuff in game. Bravo!

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Ty OrfulBiggun for liking the idea , and i agree about fixing bugs first.

Talons7331

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostTizorna, on 03 November 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

Ah yes, pistons and repeaters.  

AND RAILS :O

I've decided minecraftforum is terrible.Posted Image

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

oh yes Rails especially power rails. O.O

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Update Added Rotatable item list

malkzay
    malkzay

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

i do love the idea, minecraft need a redstone update, because... exept from the crazy redstone, its not very difficult to build anythingh. so support!

FutureNyanCat

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

I like the idea of rotors. Well it can be used for rail junctions and funny redstone contraptions. +1 for you.

Posted Image

| YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jaden1291 | Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/ |

FutureNyanCat. The Nyan Cat of the Forum. Current Version: v120.0 (Despicable Kitty Update)

jpmrocks
    jpmrocks

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4149 posts
  • Minecraft: jpmrocks
  • Xbox:WiiU is jpmrocks
  • PSN:WiiU is jpmrocks

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I like this idea a lot. And you spelled "currect" wrong, its "correct".

Posted Image

1TrollLtd
    1TrollLtd

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1281 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

I like the rotor, but the use can be limited.
maybe in adventure maps this can be used to make better circuts, not much else
Sin b / Tan b = Cos b

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Postjpmrocks, on 03 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

I like this idea a lot. And you spelled "currect" wrong, its "correct".
Ty i have a habit of spelling how i say it lol.

Ty all for liking this.

ErasmoGnome

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

This is a very good idea that would add a lot of variety to how redstone contraptions, especially involving minecarts, could be made.

Support from me!
Posted Image
If you want to see a great idea for Minecraft, click the banner! Over 400 supporters and counting!

Bellaabzug21

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

this is a very good idea, it would work well with dispensers.
Beta Tester for Ars Magica and creator of Soaryn's Ascended. Check it out! https://plus.google....155226270671480

humodz
    humodz

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Maybe rotating entity blocks isn't as problematic as moving them, at least I hope so

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ty for the supports guys Posted Image

View Posthumodz, on 03 November 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

Maybe rotating entity blocks isn't as problematic as moving them, at least I hope so
yeah thats what i been hopeing for too, It should only change the orientation of the entity blocks maybe it would work.