Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Dynmap - Dynamic web-based maps for Minecraft

1.7.2 1.6.4 1.5.2 1.4.7 bukkit spigot

  • Please log in to reply
1747 replies to this topic

#441

FnordMan
    FnordMan

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1115 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Small PSA for everyone:

If you have a quarry (World/Age) then be sure to disable dynmap for that world...
went from ~50-80% cpu on both cores down to ~20%. Rather should have done that earlier.
Only had one (buildcraft) quarry (basically at max speed) and one (steve's carts) tree farm running to boot.

Register or log in to remove.

#442

ManaaniWanderer

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Is there a way to add blocks to it for rendering manually, or is that done in its code?  Reason I ask is my server has XyCraft and none of the blocks it adds are rendering, even with a texture pack set that has them in it.  Otherwise a great mod/addition to the server.

#443

HanFox
    HanFox

    Diamond Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 735 posts
  • Location: United Kingdom
  • Minecraft: HanFox

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm just wondering if anyone has any further up-to-date render files.

I've noticed Forestry is very light on it's feet and I've updated that a little bit, but I'm hoping some others have done some bits and bobs and just kept quiet about it.

Here's my updated forestry-texture.txt:
Spoiler:

Also how do you add support for more mods? Can you just write the renderdata or does Dynmap need to be coded to pull them?

#444

Waterflow

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostWaterflow, on 04 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Whats wrong with my nether?

http://www.imagebana...9akk/nether.png

[dynmap] Enabling dynmap v1.3-1455

Thanks Posted Image

Why can I only see the bedrock from my netherworld?

#445

weltallofid

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Hey guys, Dynmap is awesome but I am running it on a server, that I am playing with my fiance and while its generating the chunks it maxes out the CPU usage, creating quite some lag. Is that a one time thing, until it creates map pieces for already generated chunks, or this is how it works even with all the chunks of the map created?

Posted Image


#446

notfood
    notfood

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Can I disable the mysticraft maps from being created? Is there a wildcard or something to prevent them from being listed?

#447

blockout22
  • Minecraft: blockout22

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

have you got plans to improve chat on map? e.g a chat history to see what messages have been sent in your session

(i can't remember weather the bukkit version used to have that before)
Posted Image

#448

Stoneskull
  • Location: Watching you read this!
  • Minecraft: Stoneskull

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Um er... I used this link: http://myipNOTPORT:8123/. And it doesn't work, am I doing something wrong?
Check out my youtube channel! http://www.youtube.c...StoneskullPlays

#449

InsaneJ
    InsaneJ

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

View Postmikeprimm, on 03 January 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

**** Version 1.4-alpha-1 (only released for v1.4.6 on Forge v6.5.0+) ***
  • [Forge v6.50+) Add limited support for render triggers (blockupdate, blockupdate-with-id (blockupdate with extra logging data to track which block IDs are source of updates), lightingupdate, chunkpopulate, chunkgenerate).  blockupdate, chunkpopulate and chunkgenerate are on by default if empty render-trigger list.
  • Tune performance of chunk fetching on server thread - reduce lag
  • Add support for Fancy Fences wall rendering
  • Add workaround for IE10 zoom issue (force IE9 compatibility)

Just to add another report on performance:
I've tried this on our FTB server running the Mindcrack20 pack v6. When Dynmap is enabled 'top' shows that CPU usage for the Minecraft process fluctuates heavily between 80 and 200%. If I'm reading that correctly, it means that it's using between 80 and 150% of 1 CPU core, not of the entire CPU. This is on a Core i7 3770K with 6GB RAM allocated. Needless to say that when the usage spikes the server lags.

With Dynmap disabled CPU usage fluctuates between 20 and 40% most of the time.

That being said. Dynmap on FTB does look awesome. I'm really happy you're doing your best to make this work Posted Image
Posted Image
HappyDiggers
is a small Minecraft community with several different servers: Adventure, Arena PvE, Feed The Beast, Skyblock, Small World, Towny, Prison, Vanilla and Snapshot.

#450

Mr_93Creeper

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hi. I was wondering if there was a known problem about the login link in the web file of the dynmap plugin not working when the needed information was filled in.  When I type in my regitry code, User ID and desired password, it gives me an error saying Internet Explorer cannot display webpage. Thanks in advance for the help!
-93Creeper

#451

FastCraft
  • Location: TEXAS! Yeah, take that!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostWaterflow, on 05 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Why can I only see the bedrock from my netherworld?
Because the top of the nether is bedrock so that is what it shows.
Got a 'Coin you don't like?
Cryptsy; 3129e542a703656ab68f7fab47e83067555c0ffb
Bitcoin; 1FoKTfW7K6FfWvLyocWdNA2jPRuH3PBdCM
Litecoin; LffWxq4WVQYaoPcRHNiPAiPARNTuEbk1bC

#452

mikeprimm
    mikeprimm

    Iron Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostKeybounce, on 04 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Forge 1.4.5 (443), as some mods are not yet ready for 1.4.6.

No real issue with fake updates/buildcraft pipes over here. But ...

Any suggestions on how to deal with hundreds of blocks being updated by a "spreading infection" block? Kinda like the old Cracked Sand spread?

Mod support request: Mystcraft adds a few useful blocks (two types of bookstands, in particular), as well as several types of "decay" that spread through the world, eating it up, if you have been either a bad world maker (can't describe a world well), or a greedy world maker (described a rich / valuable world).
I'll be sure to include 1.4.5 with alpha-2.  Mystcraft block support is on the list - not sure how quickly I'll get to it.

View PostWaterflow, on 04 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Whats wrong with my nether?

http://www.imagebana...9akk/nether.png

[dynmap] Enabling dynmap v1.3-1455

Thanks Posted Image
Not sure - nether was fixed in 1.3 GA, so be sure you're running that, and have rerun your fullrender.

View PostFnordMan, on 05 January 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Small PSA for everyone:

If you have a quarry (World/Age) then be sure to disable dynmap for that world...
went from ~50-80% cpu on both cores down to ~20%. Rather should have done that earlier.
Only had one (buildcraft) quarry (basically at max speed) and one (steve's carts) tree farm running to boot.
1.3-alpha-2 will have a feature to help with this sort of thing - basically, you'll be able to set a minimum update delay time (globally, world-by-world, or even map by map) to control how much to delay the update processing of a changed map tile.  For cases like quarries, which will generate lots of updates on the same smallish set of tiles, this can allow you to still have automatic updating, but make sure that the changed tiles don't get regenerated too often.  Also, do understand that the compute is almost exclusively independent of the server thread, so don't confuse high CPU use there with something that will negatively impact your server (unless you're running on a single-core virtual server, or something similar).

View PostManaaniWanderer, on 05 January 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Is there a way to add blocks to it for rendering manually, or is that done in its code?  Reason I ask is my server has XyCraft and none of the blocks it adds are rendering, even with a texture pack set that has them in it.  Otherwise a great mod/addition to the server.
Block rendering definitions are 99% done by data declaration files - you can see these in the 'renderdata' directory.  They are, um, 'lightly documented' - see https://github.com/w...ock-Definitions for an out-of-date-but-still-relevant documentation (I'm trying to find time this week to update this, as I have some other folks interested in trying to contribute rendering definition updates).  IF you do try to make one for a mod on your own, be sure to either a) submit it to me, and I'll see about including it (with appropriate credit in the changelog!), or B) don't modify an existing file - add a new one, so that installing an update from me doesn't stomp your changes.

View PostHanFox, on 05 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I'm just wondering if anyone has any further up-to-date render files.

I've noticed Forestry is very light on it's feet and I've updated that a little bit, but I'm hoping some others have done some bits and bobs and just kept quiet about it.

Here's my updated forestry-texture.txt:
Spoiler:

Also how do you add support for more mods? Can you just write the renderdata or does Dynmap need to be coded to pull them?
If you know how, feel free to submit updates as a pull request to https://github.com/w...kkit/DynmapCore (this is the common core used by all versions of Dynmap).  If not, kick me links to the files via either a PM here or (much better) an 'issue' ticket on https://github.com/w.../dynmap/issues.

View Postweltallofid, on 05 January 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Hey guys, Dynmap is awesome but I am running it on a server, that I am playing with my fiance and while its generating the chunks it maxes out the CPU usage, creating quite some lag. Is that a one time thing, until it creates map pieces for already generated chunks, or this is how it works even with all the chunks of the map created?
Which version of which build?  If you are on Forge for 1.4.6, I suggest the latest alpha (1.4-alpha-1).  Alpha 2 will be out shortly, and should further improve the amount of 'tile churn' that can happen on some forge configurations.

#453

mikeprimm
    mikeprimm

    Iron Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

View Postnotfood, on 06 January 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

Can I disable the mysticraft maps from being created? Is there a wildcard or something to prevent them from being listed?
Yes - easiest option is to switch your default templates to an undefined template: in configuration.txt, change 'deftemplatesuffix' to 'bogus' (or something similar).  Then, in worlds.txt, add the template you want to use for each of your valid worlds manually:

worlds:
  - name: world
	template: normal-hires
  - name: world_nether
	template: nether-hires
  - name: world_the_end
	template: the_end-hires

Basically, what this does is makes worlds get an empty/undefined template by default, but makes the worlds you want to map get specific (and valid) templates.  See https://github.com/w...mplate-settings for more details

Alternately, change the deftemplatesuffix to 'bogus', and use the /dmap command to select the templates for your active worlds via command-line in chat:
/dmap worldreset _worldname_ _templatename_
e.g.
/dmap worldreset world normal-hires
/dmap worldreset world_nether nether-hires
/dmap worldreset world_the_end the_end-hires
See https://github.com/w...rlds-using-dmap for more details here.

View Postblockout22, on 06 January 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

have you got plans to improve chat on map? e.g a chat history to see what messages have been sent in your session

(i can't remember weather the bukkit version used to have that before)
Chat history already supported - see https://github.com/w...t-Configuration - look for 'scrollback' setting on chatbox component.

View PostPocketeditionelite, on 06 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

I use my IP and it shows the wrong server ...
99.9% likely you are on a hosted box, and another Bukkit/MC server also has dynmap - move your webserver port to another unused port, until you see the web server starting successfully during startup (no error on binding to the port).  Also, on some hosts, you will also need to request to have the port opened on their firewall (if you see the server bind successfully, but cannot access the port via your browser, this is likely the case).

View PostMr_93Creeper, on 08 January 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

Hi. I was wondering if there was a known problem about the login link in the web file of the dynmap plugin not working when the needed information was filled in.  When I type in my regitry code, User ID and desired password, it gives me an error saying Internet Explorer cannot display webpage. Thanks in advance for the help!
-93Creeper
Its known to be working - need to know more about how you're configured, what version, etc.

#454

mikeprimm
    mikeprimm

    Iron Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostHanFox, on 05 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I'm just wondering if anyone has any further up-to-date render files.

I've noticed Forestry is very light on it's feet and I've updated that a little bit, but I'm hoping some others have done some bits and bobs and just kept quiet about it.

Here's my updated forestry-texture.txt:
Spoiler:

Also how do you add support for more mods? Can you just write the renderdata or does Dynmap need to be coded to pull them?

I've merged your changes, and they will be in the next code drop (1.4-alpha-2) - thanks!!  It looks like you and dannybear have figured out the basics, per your GitHub issue - I'll try to find some time to update the wiki with current details:  MOST mods can now be supported without code changes.

#455

SolomonGajda
  • Location: The Notably Republic
  • Minecraft: SolomonGajda

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

error "Web files are not matched with plugin version: All files need to be same version (1.3-1468)"

Installed Dynmap for the first time from the latest zip file marked "R: v1.3 for CB 1.4.6-R0.3 Dec 31, 2012" at http://dev.bukkit.or...er-mods/dynmap/. Get the correct black screen placeholder with controls but the error "Web files are not matched with plugin version: All files need to be same version (1.3-1468)". This was after setting config file (only thing I changed was lores to hires). I then began the initial full render of the world. No errors in the logs. render is progressing nicely, flat world finished, surface world in progress. Still has the same error on the web page at port 8123. A black screen, zoom controls, a compass, and the error message in white letters on a red background at top center. Running CraftBukkit 1.4.6-R0.3 (#2586) on a dedicated unix box and using the Safari browser from a mac to view the port.

#456

Stoneskull
  • Location: Watching you read this!
  • Minecraft: Stoneskull

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Okay I realized my last post was too vague so here's a new one! Posted Image

I'm running minecraft bukkit 1.4.5, because to my knowlage there's no non-beta build for 1.4.6, anyway when I type my ip into my web browser ( http://myipnoport:8123/ ) and it shows an error page that says
The connection has timed out
The server at myipnoportnoteven8123 is taking too long to respond.

What am I doing wrong? could you please help?
Check out my youtube channel! http://www.youtube.c...StoneskullPlays

#457

mikeprimm
    mikeprimm

    Iron Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostStoneskull, on 10 January 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Okay I realized my last post was too vague so here's a new one! Posted Image

I'm running minecraft bukkit 1.4.5, because to my knowlage there's no non-beta build for 1.4.6, anyway when I type my ip into my web browser ( http://myipnoport:8123/ ) and it shows an error page that says
The connection has timed out
The server at myipnoportnoteven8123 is taking too long to respond.

What am I doing wrong? could you please help?
That sounds like you've got a firewall, and the port isn't opened (the timeout is the best clue - if there wasn't a firewall, and the port wasn't there, it'd fail immediately).  Check the firewall settings on your server to be sure you've opened the port.

#458

mikeprimm
    mikeprimm

    Iron Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

*** Version 1.4-alpha-2 released for Forge v1.2.5, v1.3.2, v1.4.2, v1.4.5, v1.4.6/v1.4.7 ***
  • Support for IC2 Advanced Power Management (thanks to dannybear!)
  • Support for IC2 Advanced Solar Panels (thanks to dannybear!)
  • Support for Thermal Expansion (thanks to HanFox!)
  • Updated support for Forestry (thanks to HanFox!)
  • Add 'tileupdatedelay' setting (global, per world, or per map) - limits how often tiles that are repeatedly modified will be rendered (reduce load due to automation such as quarries, machines)
  • (Forge) Improve default world names (such as 'world/Twilight Forest')
  • Add support for hiding players that have active invisibility potions (controlled by hide-if-invisiblity-potion setting)
  • (Forge) Add controllable render-triggers: blockupdate, lightingupdate, chunkgenerate, chunkpopulate(v1.4.6+).
  • Also, performance debug trigger 'blockupdate-with-id'- same as blockupdate trigger, but shows counts by block ID and data value to determine which block types are driving changes (via /dynmap triggerstats command)


#459

notfood
    notfood

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

View Postmikeprimm, on 08 January 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Yes - easiest option is to switch your default templates to an undefined template: in configuration.txt, change 'deftemplatesuffix' to 'bogus' (or something similar).  Then, in worlds.txt, add the template you want to use for each of your valid worlds manually...

Thanks, it worked.

#460

xDeeKay
    xDeeKay

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

All my files are updated to 1.3-1467, yet I'm still getting the message 'Web files are not matched with plugin version: All files need to be same version (1.3-1467) - try refreshing browser cache (shift-reload)' I'm not getting any errors in the console either.