I've gone 'Adf.ly free' - its just too user hostile for the few bucks a month it generates for me. If you wish to support dynmap, donations are always welcome and appreciated!
Current Recommended Releases:
Bukkit/Spigot v1.4.7-v1.7.4: Dynmap v1.9.3: [dev.bukkit.org]
Minecraft v1.7.2 with Forge v10.12.0, MCPC-Plus v1.7.2: Dynmap v1.9.3: [CurseForge]
Minecraft v1.6.2-v1.6.4 with Forge v9.11.1, MCPC-Plus v1.6.4: Dynmap v1.9.3: [CurseForge]
Minecraft v1.5.2 with Forge v7.8.1, MCPC-Plus v1.5.2: Dynmap v1.9.3: [CurseForge]
Minecraft v1.4.7 with Forge v6.6.2, MCPC-Plus v1.4.7: Dynmap v1.9.3: [CurseForge]
DynmapCBBridge API Bridge plugin for MCPC-Plus (also requires DynmapForge): DynmapCBBridge v1.9.3: [CurseForge]
Developer API Library: Dynmap v1.9.2: [dev.bukkit.org]
Latest Alpha/Pre-release Builds:
Latest Development Builds: (use at your own risk!)
Bukkit/Spigot v1.4.7-v1.7.4: Dynmap v1.9.4-alpha-1: [Direct]
Minecraft v1.7.2 with Forge v10.12.0+, MCPC-Plus v1.7.2: Dynmap v1.9.4-alpha-1: [Direct]
Minecraft v1.6.2-v1.6.4 with Forge v9.11.1+, MCPC-Plus v1.6.4: Dynmap v1.9.4-alpha-1: [Direct]
Minecraft v1.5.2 with Forge v7.8.1, MCPC-Plus v1.5.2: Dynmap v1.9.4-alpha-1: [Direct]
Minecraft v1.4.7 with Forge v6.6.2, MCPC-Plus v1.4.7: Dynmap v1.9.4-alpha-1: [Direct]
DynmapCBBridge API Bridge plugin for MCPC-Plus (also requires DynmapForge): DynmapCBBridge v1.9.4-alpha-1: [Direct]
Final Recommended Releases (no updates planned):
Minecraft v1.6.1 with Forge v8.9.0: DynmapForge v1.8 - [CurseForge]
Minecraft v1.5.1 with Forge v7.7.1, MCPC-Plus v1.5.1: DynmapForge v1.8 - [CurseForge]
Minecraft v1.4.5 with Forge v6.4.1+: DynmapForge v1.6 - [Direct]
Minecraft v1.4.2 with Forge v6.0.1+: DynmapForge v1.4 - [Direct]
Minecraft v1.3.2 with Forge v4.2.5+: DynmapForge v1.4 - [Direct]
Minecraft v1.2.5 with Forge v3.3.7+: DynmapForge v1.6 - [Direct]
Previous support thread for Bukkit version
IRC: irc.esper.net #dynmap
Also, you can now find release notices, and other random Dynmap development thoughts, on Twitter!Installation For Bukkit, Spigot, MCPC (v1.2.x), or Tekkit-Classic:
Download the latest recommended version which comes packaged as a JAR file. Copy the JAR file to the minecraft_server/plugins/ directory. If an older dynmap-*.jar file is present in the plugins/ directory, delete it (you do NOT need to delete older plugins/dynmap directories or their content). Start the server, and allow t plugin to initialize. Open browser, go to http://localhost:8123/ or http://ip-address-of-server:8123/. Check the minecraft_server/plugins/dynmap directory for the configuration files and one of the links below on how to further customize your settings.
Installation For Minecraft Server with Minecraft Forge, including MCPC-Plus:
Download the latest recommended version which comes packaged as a JAR file. Copy the JAR file to the minecraft_server/mods directory. If an older Dynmap-*.jar or Dynmap-*.zip file is present in the mods/ directory, delete it (you do NOT need to delete older dynmap/ directories or their content). Start the server, and allow the plugin to initialize. Open browser, go to http://localhost:8123/ or http://ip-address-of-server:8123/. Check the minecraft_server/dynmap/ directory for the configuration files and one of the links below on how to further customize your settings.
Installation of DynmapCBBridge:
If you are running a Forge-based server that also include Bukkit compatibility, such as MCPC-Plus or BukkitForge, you can install the DynmapCBBridge plugin in the 'plugins/' directory (in addition to installing the appropriate Forge-based Dynmap, as above). DynmapCBBridge will allow other Bukkit plugins that use the Dynmap API (such as Dynmap-WorldGuard or Dynmap-Essentials) to function with Dynmap for Forge.
How to configure Dynmap
How to configure separate webservers
Dynmap Tutorial (in Portuguese) - Thanks to AbsintoJ!
Dynmap and add-ons setup guide - Big thanks to deery50!! (updated for 0.70.1)
Spanish dynmap tutorial - Big thanks to cloud_strife_91spain!
Installation video from the folks at ServerMiner hosting (specific to their system)
- Configurable maps of different types
- Support for multiple worlds
- Support for rendering using standard and enhanced texture packs
- Realtime players (with portraits) on map
- Place markers, areas, and lines that will show on the map.
- Two-way chatting through web and Minecraft.
- Time on map
- Weather on map
- Rendering support for dozens of popular Minecraft Mods:
- Forge v1.7.2 itself is very "beta" right now, and Dynmap for Forge v1.7.2 has only been lightly tested
- Add support for generating Wavefront OBJ format exports for rendering with Blender, Cinema 4D, Maya and other rendering tools. See https://github.com/w...ront-OBJ-Format for details.
- Include fix for exception caused by some mods which do no set their unique block IDs properly (e.g. recent BuildCraft builds).
- [Forge 1.6.4] Update Twilight Forest - add custom shaders back in
- [Forge 1.6.4] Update for ExtrabiomesXL 3.15 (new config file)
- [Forge 1.6.4] Add Minegicka support
- [Forge 1.6.4] Update millenaire support
- [Forge 1.6.4] Add Highlands support
- [Forge 1.6.4] Add updated Pam's mod support
- [Forge 1.6.4] Add BigTrees and GeoStrata support
- [Forge 1.6.4] Add ExtraBees, ExtraTrees, and updated ProjRed files
- [Forge 1.7.2] Add support for BuildCraft v5.0
- Revamp modsupport layout: mod support in given version limited to what is appropriate for version, and stays in JAR file. Additional custom mod files can be placed in renderdata director to add new or replace existing mod rendering support
- (Forge 1.6.4) LOTS of updated mod rendering supprt (some is still preliminary, but much better than before) - AdvancedMachines, AdvancedSolarPanel, AppliedEnergistics, archimedes, arsmagica2, Artifice, BiblioCraft, BiblioWoodsBoP, BiblioWoodsForestry, BiblioWoodsNatura, Billund, BiomesOPlenty, BuildCraft, CCTurtle, ChickenChunks, Chisel, ColoredBlocks, CompactSolars, ComputerCraft, coralmod, enderstorage, extrabees, ExtrabiomesXL, ExtraUtilities, factorization, FancyFences, Forestry, ForgottenNature, GalacticraftCore, GalacticraftMars, gregslighting, GregTech, IC2-, IC2NuclearControl, immibisMicroblocks, ironchest, LogisticsPipes, MagicBees, MetallurgyBase, MetallurgyCore, MetallurgyEnder, MetallurgyFantasy, MetallurgyNether, MetallurgyPrecious, MetallurgyUtility, MFFS, MineFactoryReloaded, Mystcraft, Natura, netherores, NumiRP, ObsidiPlates, OpenBlocks-, OpenPeripheral, pamharvestcraft, PortalGun, PowerConverters, powersuits, ProjRed, QuantumCraft, Railcraft, Redstone Arsenal, SlabCraft, SoulShards, StairCraft, StevesCarts, switches, TConstruct, TFCraft, Thaumcraft, ThaumicTinkerer, ThermalExpansion, TMechworks, TransducersIC2, Translocator, Tropicraft, tubestuff, TwilightForest, UndergroundBiomes
- (Forge 1.6.4) Updated mod support for IndustrialCraft2 and new support for ArchimedesShipsMod (thanks to Rhylos!!)
- Rework chunk loading timing stats - simpler, more useful
- Add support for minimum and maximum zoom levels for markers, areas, lines, and circles, as well as whole marker sets. Allows markers to be shown at specific zoom levels.
- Improve performance of UI with large numbers of markers, and fix problems with 'junk' markers when things disappear while a layer is hidden
- Fix problems with 'junk' areas being left on map during map/world changes
- Add support for using block unique IDs for block identification (1.6.x+) (Forge mods)
- Optimize texture loading - avoid texture loading for disabled mod blocks
- Additional debug logging for render errors
- Enhance texture and models file syntax
- Add custom renderers for door, gates (improves render quality)
- Keep mod support files internal to plugin, allow external renderdata files to supersede internal ones
- Add new map shader 'inhabited' - shade map based on cumulative time chunks have been inhabited by players
- Fix problem with render jobs sometimes being duplicated during restarts
- Handle missing custom color map textures in broken RPs (like John Smith)
- Add debug option to dump IDs of blocks with no rendering data
- Add use-brightness-table option (default on for new installs, off default for existing) - more accurate color and lighting model vs MC client
- Add /dynmap quiet command: stop progress messages on active renders
- Add 'savependingperiod' setting : allows periodic pending job saves (better crash recovery)
- Add support for h+v and v+h Connected Texture Mod methods
- Improve error handling on numeric command parameters
- Fix packed ice rendering (should not be transparent)
- Fix rendering of top half of 1.7.2 tall flowers (needed custom renderer)
- Add updated color schemes - sphax, dokuhigh, dokulight, dokudark, misa, etc.
- Update colorschemes for 1.7.2
- Add support for rendering v1.7.2 blocks
- Support CraftBukkit v1.7.2-R0.1 dev builds
- Support Spigot v1.7.2-R0.1 dev builds
- Update legacy colorschemes (for Flat and KzedMaps) to v1.7.2, add schemes based on sphax, dokulight, dokudark, dokuhigh, misa, ovocean
- Update internal web server to Jetty v8.1.14, improve URL normalization
- Minor block render fixes and improvements
- Add support for loading mod textures from mods themselves
- Remove mod support from Bukkit deliverable (supported via Forge)
- Fix breaks in Chisel mod support
- Handle ceiling mounted levers
- Support web server bind address defaulting to same address as MC server (better coexist on hosted servers)
- Remove limit on number of texture files active (was 5000)
- Improve CustomColor support in texture/resource packs
- Add Buildcraft v4.x support (1.6.2)
- Avoid exception if player issuing command has no valid location
- Fix TerraFirmaCraft for 1.6.2 (due to module ID change)
- Update ExtrabiomesXL for 1.5.2 and 1.6.2
- Update Biomes-O-Plenty support (for 0.5.9.x and 0.6.x versions on 1.5.2 and 1.6.2)
- Update RailCraft support (for 7.x and 8.x on 1.5.2 and 1.6.2)
- Update Greg's Lighting for 1.6.2 (v1.9.0)
- Handle missing Anthracite_Block_ID: in newer UndergroundBiomes
- Fix mod version range check (issue with BOP 0.6.1+)
- Handle screwed up double-double-quotes in BOP config files on FTB
- Add version sensitivity for mods: needed for the Biomes-O-Plenty support
- Add Artifice block render support
- Add CoralMod support (thanks for initial version from brakhtus!)
- Add Artifice block render support
- Add CoralMod block render support (thanks to brakhtus!)
- Improve image encoding performance
- Add support for block-id-alias: render specific block IDs using textures and models of another block
- Fix exception in Forge startup when using JSONFile and security enabled
- Add Chisel Mod block render support (thanks to Firehead94!)
- Add NumiRP block render support (thanks to seratonik!)
- Fix rendering of 1.5.x specific blocks (quartz) - broken while supporting new 1.6 RP format
- Prevent extracted files from being re-extracted every startup
- Support Biomes-O-Plenty update for 1.6.2 (v0.5.8)
- Fix rendering of crops with nonstandard metadata (8+)
- FIx GroupManager offline permissions (note: permissions still must be explicitly defined in GM files - inherited default permissions from plugins.yml don't work offline)
This is a Bukkit-style plugin that can be used with the Forge-based mods on servers that are Forge-based, but also supply Bukkit API compatibility (such as MCPC-Plus and the BukkitForge mod). Adding this mod to the 'plugins' directory on a MCPC-Plus server, or a Forge server with the BukkitForge mod installed, will allow other Bukkit-based mods that support using the Dynmap API (such as many of the Dynmap-* mods) to work properly with DynmapForge. Support for using Bukkit-based permissions mods is also partially implemented, but not currently well tested.
Dynmap API (for Bukkit/Spigot/Tekkit-Classic version)
For plugin programmers that want to integrate with Dynmap, we now offer a simple JAR containing the published interfaces - this is only intended for building code that uses the API (in the same way that bukkit.jar is used for building to craftbukkit). The API information:
Current version: [dev.bukkit.org] Source code
Also, with v1.9.2, I'm making some new DEVELOPMENT LEVEL tools available for folks that wish to either help with providing rendering support for different mods, or for folks that would be happy with quick-and-dirty-but-incomplete support for creating support for unsupported mods on their own servers. This new tool, DynmapModScraper, is a client mod (NOT a server mod) that you can TEMPORARILY install on your Forge modded client: once installed, start the client, as normal, and load/create a SINGLE PLAYER world (do NOT go to a server). Once it is loaded, you will find a directory named 'DynmapModScraper' under the root of your client's directory, which will (hopefully) contain a bunch of automatically generated mod support files for the mods in your client. These files, at your option, can then be copied into the 'dynmap/renderdata/custom' directory on your server (you will need to create the 'custom' directory - but putting the files there will assure that dynmap upgrades do not trash them), and will provide some level of support for rendering of the blocks in the associated mods. HUGE HUMONGOUS DISCLAIMER: this WILL NOT get all blocks right, and will CERTAINLY get some blocks quite wrong - this is unavoidable, particularly for blocks marked with having 'CUSTOM' renderers (there is just no way to figure out what the code in a custom renderer is going to draw), so DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT ERRORS IN RENDERING OF BLOCKS IN MODS DONE THIS WAY. This is a dev tool - it save me (and others that try to support mods) about 60-90% of the grunt work involved in supporting these mods - which still leaves us with the 10-40% of the work that is involved with handling custom shaped/rendered blocks. BUT, the generated files are almost always a HUGE improvement over nothing
Do understand that custom files generated this way REPLACE the rendering support for the given mod within dynmap - not an issue for unsupported mods, but potentially a big step backwards for well supported mods with lots of custom blocks.
DynmapModScraper for MC v1.7.2 (Forge v10.12.0): [direct]
DynmapModScraper for MC v1.6.4 (Forge v9.11.1): [direct]
DynmapModScraper for MC v1.5.2 (Forge v7.8.1): [direct]
Note: I suggest removing the tool from your client when you're done generating the needed files.
Dynmap Add-Ons (for Bukkit/Tekkit version, or MCPC-Plus/BukkitForge with Forge version AND DynmapCBBridge)
Both to demonstrate the API, and to help manage the growth of this already-huge plugin, we've started producing additional plugins for Dynmap. All of these will depend on Dynmap and interface through its APIs, but only need to be added by folks that are interested in the additional function they provide:
- dynmap-mobs: Provides marker layer for real-time position of selected mobs on dynmap maps.
- dynmap-residence: Successor to the 'regions' support for Residence in Dynmap, with live update of Residence changes
- Dynmap-WorldGuard: Successor to the 'regions' support for WorldGuard in Dynmap, with live update of WorldGuard changes
- Dynmap-Towny: Successor to the 'regions' support for Towny in Dynmap, with live update of Towny changes
- Dynmap-Factions: Successor to the 'regions' support for Factions in Dynmap, with live update of Factions changes
- Dynmap-CommandBook: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using CommandBook.
- Dynmap-Essentials: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using Essentials.
- Dynmap-GriefPrevention: Add support for showing Grief Protection claims
- Dynmap2CraftIRC3: Integrate Dynmap's web chat with IRC via CraftIRC
- Dynmap-SimpleClans: Integrate SimpleClans with Dynmap
- Dynmap-HeroChat: Integrate HeroChat v5.5+ with Dynmap
- Dynmap-AdminCmd: Integrate AdminCmd with Dynmap
- Dynmap-PreciousStones: Integrate PreciousStones with Dynmap
- Dynmap-Citizens: Integrate Citizens with Dynmap
- ALWAYS be polite - the mod is free, and I don't owe you anything. Neither do the other folks in this forum. If you don't appreciate that providing this mod is a courtesy, and than any support for it is also a courtesy, I will have absolutely no problem with ignoring you, and will encourage others to do the same.
- ALWAYS include the MC server version, Bukkit/Forge build, and Dynmap release/build you are running
- ALWAYS include a crash report or exception report - if you don't have one, don't bother saying "crash" - might as well be saying "something is wrong", for all the use there is in it.
- If you don't include these data, I'll probably ignore the report.
- If the blocks for a mod aren't rendering as you would expect, include the name and specific version/build of the mod, and the name of the configured block settings from the mod's configuration file for the blocks i question (along with the actual number you have it configured for)
- If you are talking about the web, ALWAYS indicate how you have it set up - internal web server, external server (including which server AND what procedure you followed to configure it).
- If a problem is occuring while using the web client, include the name and versions of web browser tested.
These are some really nice folks that are helping support Dynmap development, both through hosting a test server and by sharing a cut of subscriptions opened via the linked image, below: check them out if you're looking for a dynmap-friendly game server host.