• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Arlandia (DEAD)

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

yourturkey

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Can i note that all people are required to read the WHOLE topic, that's common sense, but it's surprising how many people don't..
Come and share a good ol' cuppa with me!

Register or log in to remove.

yourturkey

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Good night on the server, Elven folk got some cool as building done, Dwarf folk were there usual grumpily productive selves, and the humans, like normal, did nearly nothing productive, and preferred to trade :-)

AnAsianBro

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Since i was slain by a fellow elf, i suppose that means i'll have to apply to a different race.....
Character Name :Dodri
Race :Dwarves( i like to get down and Dirty)Posted Image
Job :Jack of all trades(yay new rules)
Description of the character : A Dirty, Determined, Deprived, Digger who roles around in the mud.

Also if possible, why was i killed?

yourturkey

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Asian, don't worry about it, they were proving to me why the rule wouldn't work, which is why iv'e taken it off :-) We were discussing about how if you killed someone of your own race, it could be used to get rid of them.. Which i could see sense in, and now if you get killed im not too fussed, at the moment anyway, perhaps i would be more fussed in a few weeks, who knows :-) Your welcome to stay as an elf if you wish :-)

AnAsianBro

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Sweet.

On that note i purpose we establish rules about equipments in order to set apart the races.

yourturkey

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostAnAsianBro, on 14 November 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Sweet.

On that note i purpose we establish rules about equipments in order to set apart the races.

Hmm, that might be a good idea, how about Bows only for Elves, Only Dwarves can get higher grade pickaxes than stone, meaning that Elves and Humans cannot get higher grade pickaxes then stone, and Humans are the only race that can use Iron swords?
For example..
Elves - Bows, Stone tools
Dwarves - Stone tools, Iron or higher Picaxes
Humans - Stone tools, Iron or higher Swords

Opinions? :-)

AnAsianBro

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Postyourturkey, on 14 November 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Hmm, that might be a good idea, how about Bows only for Elves, Only Dwarves can get higher grade pickaxes than stone, meaning that Elves and Humans cannot get higher grade pickaxes then stone, and Humans are the only race that can use Iron swords?
For example..
Elves - Bows, Stone tools
Dwarves - Stone tools, Iron or higher Picaxes
Humans - Stone tools, Iron or higher Swords

Opinions? :-)
what weapons does that leave the dwarves?

_dutchy
    _dutchy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

o0o itz nasty  age 19 central mic yes

ColFluttershy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

This is going to be stupid now. All races can do whatever jobs (mining, farming ,etc). Then whats the point of the races.

AnAsianBro

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostColFluttershy, on 15 November 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

This is going to be stupid now. All races can do whatever jobs (mining, farming ,etc). Then whats the point of the races.
to be fair all the races were to an aspect already doing that.

ColFluttershy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostAnAsianBro, on 15 November 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

to be fair all the races were to an aspect already doing that.
No they were not well the dwarves were not we stuck to our jobs and our race jobs. It was fine the way it was. The elves stay with there jobs as well.

AnAsianBro

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

View PostColFluttershy, on 15 November 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

No they were not well the dwarves were not we stuck to our jobs and our race jobs. It was fine the way it was. The elves stay with there jobs as well.
The problem here is the dwarves became self sustaining and no longer needed to interact with the other races. Beside food, Dwarves could isolate themselves and bode well while the other species lacked that ability.

ColFluttershy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostAnAsianBro, on 15 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

The problem here is the dwarves became self sustaining and no longer needed to interact with the other races. Beside food, Dwarves could isolate themselves and bode well while the other species lacked that ability.
interact?! we were busy building our city. And so what if we didnt trade with "you". We did other trades besides for food, which included wood as well Gain wood from the elves and the food from the humans. . We only had 3 dwarves online. So you need to hush, Humans on the other for the past few days had about 4-5 people online.

FaultlessShadow

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostAnAsianBro, on 15 November 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Then adapt dammit.

LUNAtic_RacER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

How about this... For WEAPONS The Elven keep their bows, Dwarfs use diamond axe and Humans iron swords. The reason for this is that a diamond axe makes the same damage as an iron sword. Why axe? Because if you google Dwarf in images almost all of them use axe for a weapon. I think that with the new rules we should add something more interesting... For now nothing, but later on we should start having wars so that way we can keep it even more interesting (just a suggestion) for this we could also have allies and even a flat land for planned wars. I don't want to change much of the new rules, since, they are pretty fine to me (Yedan, The Dwarf King). So, don't fight, give out ideas, relax, chill, this is just a game to have FUN!! And I sure am having a lot of it!! ;)

AnAsianBro

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostEpiiCxRacER, on 15 November 2012 - 01:47 AM, said:

How about this... For WEAPONS The Elven keep their bows, Dwarfs use diamond axe and Humans iron swords. The reason for this is that a diamond axe makes the same damage as an iron sword. Why axe? Because if you google Dwarf in images almost all of them use axe for a weapon. I think that with the new rules we should add something more interesting... For now nothing, but later on we should start having wars so that way we can keep it even more interesting (just a suggestion) for this we could also have allies and even a flat land for planned wars. I don't want to change much of the new rules, since, they are pretty fine to me (Yedan, The Dwarf King). So, don't fight, give out ideas, relax, chill, this is just a game to have FUN!! And I sure am having a lot of it!! Posted Image
Axes as weapons are a great idea for the dwarves as its both practical and pluasible

CaptainWalrus

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

GT :  CubicWalrus
Time Zone : Central Time Zone
Mic : Yes i have a mic but i tend to just keep to my self.
Additional notes/Improvements : Im a salesmen and architect

Character Name : Septimus
What you would like to be called : Sep, or Septimus
Skin :   Not sure yet.
Story line : Traveling salesmen who hardly ever seddeles down in one place to long,
Race: Human

yourturkey

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Well, an interesting conversation you guys have had :-)

The Dwarves, as would be expected, as the main miners, had too much to gain, eventually, the dwarves would have become too over-powerful, and the only thing we would have had was the height advantage, which may be good for bows, but eventually you guys would have diamond, leaving you free to rofl-stomp us...

Can i point out that last night, i had to limit the amount of dwarves as there was too much.. There were never more than 2 humans online, and the dwarves at one point had 4 people online, i had to ask Shadow to remove someone to make it even, as there was an Elf who wanted to join. Most of last night was with 3 Dwarves, 3 Elves and 2 humans, with the humans spending most of their time in other places, you are not hard done by...

As always Racer, some good ideas, and one's we can implement.. Wars? You think there won't be? With this amount of quarreling it won't be long, and there is already talk of it among some camps...

View PostCaptainWalrus, on 15 November 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

GT :  CubicWalrus
Time Zone : Central Time Zone
Mic : Yes i have a mic but i tend to just keep to my self.
Additional notes/Improvements : Im a salesmen and architect

Character Name : Septimus
What you would like to be called : Sep, or Septimus
Skin :   Not sure yet.
Story line : Traveling salesmen who hardly ever seddeles down in one place to long,
Race: Human

I'll message you on xbox :-)

yourturkey

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

How would you guys feel about The Dwarves still the only miners, The Elves the only people that can make food and wood, and the humans as traders?

The Humans could trade between the two races, asking one race what they want for something, and then trading with the other race to get it.. The Humans then take 10% of the trade..

For example :
The Humans go to the elves and say "what would you like to trade with the Dwarves?"
The Elves then reply and say "We will trade 30 bread and 48 melons for 40 iron"
The Humans then take 10% of that, which in this case is 3 bread and 4 melon slices (rounded down for simpleness)
The Humans go to the Dwarves now and say "If we give you 27 bread and 44 melons, will you give us 40 iron?"
The Dwarves accept, so the Humans go back to the Elves, and after taking 4 iron, the trade is complete.

This leaves the Humans with a little income, the Dwarves with what they want and the Elves with what they want..

Opinions?

FlyersxFan

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

GT : FLYERS x FAN
Time Zone : Central Standard Time CST
Mic : Yes
Additional notes/Improvements : This is what I have been looking for! It's a RPG, but without set jobs.

Character Name : Hmm.. how about Mustaf The Great? Posted Image
What you would like to be called : Flyers
Skin : Don't have a set skin I like so far, but I'll have one soon. Something Humany. Posted Image
Story line : My character is a Human. He is a very strong, creative, skilled, independent, but works
very well with others, guy. He grew up in the cold mountains of Minecraft. He was trained to be a great
skilled worker, warrior, and explorer by his father. He gets along with all races. Dwarves more than Elves
because he is slightly afraid of heights. His pet wolf's name is Ivan. Posted Image

I might change my race to an Elf, but I am not sure yet.