tww mods update manager api smp ssp source

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

TheWhiteWolves
  • Minecraft: The_White_Wolves
  • Xbox:TheWhiteWolves

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image

Requires Minecraft Forge 6.5 or later and Java 6 or later.

Posted Image

Important Announcement

I am Discontinuing this mod sue to my lack of time to maintain it, sorry but if you want to see more of what I've done take a look at Thaumic Tinkerer by Vazkii where I do a little bit of work

Introduction:

The Mod Update Manager is a Source-only mod that other modders can package with their mod to include version checking, this can be easily coded by said third party, but I think that if we have a mod that handles all the mod updates in the same manner, it's beneficent for the community.

Details and Features:

Spoiler:

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Tutorials for Modders:

Spoiler:

Downloads and Terms of Agreement:

Spoiler:

Adopters:

Transfer of Ownership:

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Banners:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

blockout22
  • Minecraft: blockout22

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

do we have to install this with mcp to or can it work without?
Posted Image

TheWhiteWolves

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

You include the files in the downloaded zip with your normal source files (the ones you get from decompiling minecraft and installing forge) when you are making your mod

blockout22
  • Minecraft: blockout22

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostTheWhiteWolves, on 28 October 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

You include the files in the downloaded zip with your normal source files (the ones you get from decompiling minecraft and installing forge) when you are making your mod

ah so is it currently just forge what works with this atm? till others use it?

EDIT: how exactly does this work? is it downloadable ready to install or do the modders have to provide all the class files in there mod download?
Posted Image

TheWhiteWolves

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Mod Developers include the Update Manager Source files in their mods, then compile and release them with their mod, All the implementation of Update Manager is upto the modder themselves, the mod users don't need to download anything.

Also yes it does need forge to function correctly

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2524 posts
  • Minecraft: Vazkii

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

You didn't really have to remove me from the list of adopters. I'm still in the scene.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

Phobophobe

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

I'm still having some issues. When I use the update manager, no matter what each file says, It will always output "Your mods are up to date!" I use the exact code from the tutorial as well. Also, when recompiling, all of the question marks in UpdateManagerCommands.java give me this error:

unmappable character for encoding UTF-8

I know I could change this myself, but I also thought I would let you know. Not sure if its just an issue with my mcp but just letting you know
Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2524 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostPhobophobe, on 01 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

I'm still having some issues. When I use the update manager, no matter what each file says, It will always output "Your mods are up to date!" I use the exact code from the tutorial as well. Also, when recompiling, all of the question marks in UpdateManagerCommands.java give me this error:

I know I could change this myself, but I also thought I would let you know. Not sure if its just an issue with my mcp but just letting you know

Go into the conf folder in your mcp, open mcp.cfg, in the end, remove the encoding parameter in CmdRecomp. That happens to me too, that's what I usually do when it does.

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

Phobophobe

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostVazkii, on 01 November 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Go into the conf folder in your mcp, open mcp.cfg, in the end, remove the encoding parameter in CmdRecomp. That happens to me too, that's what I usually do when it does.

How do I remove the parameter? Like wheres the parameter? I've got this line of code:
CmdRecomp	 = %s -encoding UTF-8 -Xlint:-options -deprecation -g -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -classpath "{classpath}" -sourcepath {sourcepath} -d {outpath} {pkgs}

but what do i do from there?
Posted Image

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2524 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostPhobophobe, on 01 November 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

How do I remove the parameter? Like wheres the parameter? I've got this line of code:
CmdRecomp = %s -encoding UTF-8 -Xlint:-options -deprecation -g -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -classpath "{classpath}" -sourcepath {sourcepath} -d {outpath} {pkgs}

but what do i do from there?

Remove this parameter
-encoding UTF-8

resinresin
    resinresin

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 503 posts
  • Minecraft: Resinresin

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Tried using for my wars mod. Works client side, crashes server side. I kinda want your opinion before I start messing around with anything.
Spoiler:

Posted Image

HI17
    HI17

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

can you make this noob friendly??? like just install this on the minecraft.jar or just putting in the coremods or the mod folder

Phobophobe

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostHI17, on 04 November 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

can you make this noob friendly??? like just install this on the minecraft.jar or just putting in the coremods or the mod folder

This is for mod makers to include in their mods. If you're only using other peoples mods, don't worry about it
Posted Image

TheWhiteWolves

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Postresinresin, on 04 November 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Tried using for my wars mod. Works client side, crashes server side. I kinda want your opinion before I start messing around with anything.
Spoiler:

Looks like you might have installed it wrong, try making a new decompilation with forge and only put update manager in, then check for a crash again

nerd-boy
    nerd-boy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2975 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostPhobophobe, on 01 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

View PostVazkii, on 02 November 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Remove this parameter
-encoding UTF-8

Just a thought, would it be easier to just read the translaytions from another file that you bundle with the mod? This is essentually how I deal with translations in my own mods (I also generate a folder so the user can add different .lang translation files). It would get around the need of asking all the modders to change their encoding. I just foresee this issue will be repeated many times by a lot of modders.

View Postresinresin, on 04 November 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Spoiler:

View PostTheWhiteWolves, on 05 November 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Looks like you might have installed it wrong, try making a new decompilation with forge and only put update manager in, then check for a crash again

This is the exact same problem I PM'd you about. I am testing my suggested fix now (about to release the modified version)

EDIT:
I also have one request. Right now I am using bitly so I am able to get statistics about how many downloads and where they are coming from. Because of the way your update handeler works I am unable to use this with your "download" feature. Is there any way you could write in a way that I can both alow users to download my mod as well as me getting this useful information?

EDIT of EDIT:

I have actually had a go at implementing both, I have made a fork/pull request on the git hub.

Posted Image

AnonymousProductions
  • Minecraft: Galactic_Hiker

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

i should get back to using this now(i take it works the same as before)
Posted Image

TheWhiteWolves

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostAnonymousProductions, on 20 November 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

i should get back to using this now(i take it works the same as before)

Ye and thanks to NerdBoy, some things have been fixed and improved

AnonymousProductions

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

seems to be an IllegalArgumentException on running(with the basemod and the update basemod). you got anything on that? (save me the time on looking myself)
Posted Image

nerd-boy
    nerd-boy

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2975 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

@above

Where exactly is it crashing? I may have screwed up again in my last commit?

Posted Image

AnonymousProductions

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

seems to be trying to inject the mod to the mod updater with the FML
(haven't got a report(took the source out for now)
Posted Image