• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] TabbyChat v1.10.00 - SMP Chat Overhaul

chat multiplayer logging filters

• Please log in to reply
1416 replies to this topic

Poll: What feature do you want added next? (465 member(s) have cast votes)

What feature do you want added next?

1. Additional language support (e.g. German) (47 votes [10.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.11%

2. Movable chatbox (119 votes [25.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.59%

3. Optionally disable update notifications (29 votes [6.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.24%

4. Remove channel designation from chat within channel tab (25 votes [5.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.38%

5. Optionally split log files by tab (49 votes [10.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.54%

6. In-line image support (see posted images in chat) (196 votes [42.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

-+- Archer -+-
  • Minecraft: Archer6621

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Everytime I keep w pressed accidentally (could be with other keys as well) and then press enter while in chat, minecraft somehow crashes, not sure if it's this mod.

You could try and see if you can reproduce it.

EDIT: found the post 2 pages back that contained a fixed version, gonna try that to see if it's stable :)
Posted Image
Click on the image to visit my Soundcloud profile!

Register or log in to remove.

BAI1
    BAI1

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Minecraft: BAI1

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I have a suggestion!
When sending multiple messages, instead of sending them all at once send each message with a 1 second delay between each one, so then servers don't think it's spam and stop some of them or kick you.
No idea how you'd code it but I think it'd be a good additional feature to prevent players being kicked for spam.
BAI1
Posted Image

Biiim
    Biiim

404: Member Not Found

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Awesome. Just awesome.
"Love as a principle and order as the basis; progress as the goal"

Lerkista
    Lerkista

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hi, this is a great mod, i want to filter my faction chat, all messages start with the name of the faction, for example "Faction"

What i did is this:

^Faction
Inverse Match=Off
FilterToNewTab=On
AudioNotification=On
CaseSensitive=On
HighlightMatching=Off

But i can´t make it to appear in new tab, anyone can help me??

RocketMan10404
  • Minecraft: RocketMan10404

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostLerkista, on 01 February 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hi, this is a great mod, i want to filter my faction chat, all messages start with the name of the faction, for example "Faction"

What i did is this:

^Faction
Inverse Match=Off
FilterToNewTab=On
AudioNotification=On
CaseSensitive=On
HighlightMatching=Off

But i can´t make it to appear in new tab, anyone can help me??

Hmm... it seems like you've got the basics down.  Do you think you could post a screenshot of a line or two of faction chat from this server?
Posted Image

Falker57
    Falker57

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Does this work for 1.4.7

Biiim
    Biiim

404: Member Not Found

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostFalker57, on 02 February 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Does this work for 1.4.7
Yes.
"Love as a principle and order as the basis; progress as the goal"

Lerkista
    Lerkista

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostRocketMan10404, on 01 February 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Hmm... it seems like you've got the basics down.  Do you think you could post a screenshot of a line or two of faction chat from this server?

Here're some screenshots, my first attempt is filter all starting with Legion, but my final attempt is to include when it start with *Legion and **Legion

Posted Image
Posted Image

RocketMan10404

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostLerkista, on 02 February 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Here're some screenshots, my first attempt is filter all starting with Legion, but my final attempt is to include when it start with *Legion and **Legion

I went back and reviewed the code just to double-check, and as far as I can tell, what you're doing should work.  My guess would be that the server is sending some extra control-code characters for no particular reason, but it's hard to confirm that - TabbyChat will strip out control/formatting codes manually while matching custom filters (while noting their position for reinsertion), and then use a built-in Minecraft function to strip them out before logging chat (when enabled).  So, they'll probably get stripped out before being logged as well.

Here's what I would propose as a work-around... (and while we're attempting to skip hidden, unknown characters at the beginning of the message, we might as well catch the asterisks also)

Expression: ^.{0,4}Legion

If that doesn't work, you could try increasing the number 4 to something like 8.  If you're still not having any luck, I might have to send you a special TabbyChat version that can log the raw chat message for debugging purposes.  In fact, that's not a bad option to include in the next version anyways.
Posted Image

rsod
    rsod

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

oh, another forge-incompatible mod :/

ElectroBot4

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

View Postrsod, on 03 February 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

oh, another forge-incompatible mod :/

How so? Forge doesn't modify either atc.class or ate.class (MC 1.4.6/1.4.7). It works perfectly fine for me for the last few months with Forge, OptiFine, ControlPack, a few other base-class mods and around 10 Forge/Modloader mods.

afterglowefx
    afterglowefx

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hey there. Really love the mod. I'm not one to make idle requests, especially when I feel it's something I can do myself. Well, after a couple hours getting way over my head in decompiling class files, I officially give up.

Could I possibly ask you to provide a version with an alternate audio notification? The one you use (orb.ogg I believe) is the exact same sound file used by McMMO's fishing skill. Being that I primarily need the audio notification while I'm fishing, it's just one false positive after another. To be fair the pitch is slightly different, but not nearly so different that I can tell it apart while watching a movie etc.

I reckon it'd be a quick edit on your end, but I totally understand if it isn't worth the trouble. Love the mod, but if you could find it in your heart to provide an alternate sound version, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Grayal
    Grayal

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Nice to have: different Audio Notifications for Filter (more Sounds :) )

RocketMan10404

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postafterglowefx, on 08 February 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Hey there. Really love the mod. I'm not one to make idle requests, especially when I feel it's something I can do myself. Well, after a couple hours getting way over my head in decompiling class files, I officially give up.

Could I possibly ask you to provide a version with an alternate audio notification? The one you use (orb.ogg I believe) is the exact same sound file used by McMMO's fishing skill. Being that I primarily need the audio notification while I'm fishing, it's just one false positive after another. To be fair the pitch is slightly different, but not nearly so different that I can tell it apart while watching a movie etc.

I reckon it'd be a quick edit on your end, but I totally understand if it isn't worth the trouble. Love the mod, but if you could find it in your heart to provide an alternate sound version, I'd greatly appreciate it!

View PostGrayal, on 08 February 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Nice to have: different Audio Notifications for Filter (more Sounds Posted Image )

Great minds think alike!  Actually I have been planning this for some time, to be in the next big update.  Unfortunately I've got quite a bit of other work to do before it'll be ready.  There are a lot more options I'd like to add, many of which were suggested here, but I've got no room on the present settings menus to add them all.  So, I really need to redesign the settings interface in a fashion that lends itself to multiple settings pages, and then I'll be adding a plethora of additional options.  Rest assured, when that happens, additional notification sounds will be included.
Posted Image

minerdude871
  • Minecraft: minerdude871

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

What texture pack is used in the very last image?? Thanks!
Oh and this is a GREAT mod!
Baconator...   Posted Image

porkspeedo

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Hey, could you add a chat color list so that if you click on the button for, say Green, it would be green text of Bukkit servers?

cheatmeister

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Is there a way to change the filtered text chat to a different colour eg. grey to white?

RocketMan10404

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postminerdude871, on 14 February 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

What texture pack is used in the very last image?? Thanks!
Oh and this is a GREAT mod!

Thanks!  I believe the texture pack I was using at that time was willpack HD.

View Postporkspeedo, on 16 February 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Hey, could you add a chat color list so that if you click on the button for, say Green, it would be green text of Bukkit servers?

I'm a little unclear on what you're asking... are you saying you want to be able to change the color of all server chat?

View Postcheatmeister, on 19 February 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Is there a way to change the filtered text chat to a different colour eg. grey to white?

I'm not entirely sure what you're requesting either - do you want to change the color of highlighted matches, or maybe all chat sent to a specific tab?
Posted Image

LegendaryKoala
  • Minecraft: LegendaryKoala

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

This is an edit over my last post...

Nothing to see here~ Just a koala liking his chat o.o ^.^

Alright I cant read config files~
As in when I attempt to open them with notepad++ I simply get a bunch of nulls as if the file were obfuscated.

RocketMan10404

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostLegendaryKoala, on 24 February 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

This is an edit over my last post...

Nothing to see here~ Just a koala liking his chat o.o ^.^

Alright I cant read config files~
As in when I attempt to open them with notepad++ I simply get a bunch of nulls as if the file were obfuscated.

Effectively, that's true.  The config files are in binary format, resulting from Java writing raw object data to disk.  As such, they can't be edited by hand, but can only be changed through TabbyChat's settings interface.
Posted Image