Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Equivalent Exchange 3 - 0.1.140

• Please log in to reply
5972 replies to this topic

britefire
  • Minecraft: britefire

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Just wanted to say, I love the progress EE3 has made.

I don't really care that condensers were removed, more fun without them in my opinion, and I am looking forward to seeing how the redwater and other new mechanics work!

Thank you for posting this pre-release, already think that it is awesome!

Register or log in to remove.

Zexks
    Zexks

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Spoiler:

Not a bug, it's a feature. Do you host your own server? Do you leave it on all night, or shut it down when you're done with it for the day? For those that purchase server space and setups, they're running all the time, which essentially means always on game play. His whole purpose for this rewrite appears to be in getting it balanced enough that it will be used more in SMP environments. In a way SMP is now taking priority over SSP, which appears to be the opposite direction than what EE2 was aimed at.

Azradun
    Azradun

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postbattle00333, on 08 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

--snip--

No, what Pahimar wrote actually made sense. 16 hours on a permanent server is nothing. And for RM condensers... as soon as you start mass-producing Watches of Flowing Time with pedestals, you can accelerate the speed 10 times (if you took it into account already, I do apologize). Server-side, I see the problems with EE2. Single player is another issue whatsoever...

I'm all for voicing opinions and all, but I don't think the frequent "lol" will give you more credibility to the discussion. Maybe because I'm unwell, overstressed and tired at the moment (damn work).

View Postsciguyryan, on 08 November 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

To the people who whine and complain about x being removed and whatnot. You have NO reason to complain at all until you see the end product. None. Be thankful Pahimar is nice enough to give you previews of his work (he is not in any way obligated to do so).

This is wrong from an entirely different reason Posted Image Let's meet in the middle and say that we need to calm down and let it flow.

Edit: "for" a reason. Damn headache.
"wtf?! Why are you trying to argue with a professional modder? He knows a hell of a lot more than you do about this stuff and its not him, but you who is in the wrong here. Just stop it, you cant win." - This is what I fight! Rock star mentality.

Pahimar
    Pahimar

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 434 posts
  • Minecraft: pahimar

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Just for clarity, Watches of Flowing Time never worked in SMP (for a number of reasons) :)

I'm out for a week for vacation, just posted a pre1a bugfix release. See you later with hopefully a pre2!
Check out my official website! - http://www.pahimar.com

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Enjoy your vacation, Pahimar! *runs to dl the bugfix version*

battle00333, because of the merge of SSP into SMP, all mods have to be written with SMP in mind now. Perhaps you didn't know that. Besides that, Pahimar wants this to be used for SMP. So even if you can argue that EE2 wasn't OP for SSP, the argument becomes moot, because for 1.3.2 and beyond SMP has to be taken into account.

I didn't mind all the condensers and stuff in SSP when I was using it in 1.2.5, but I can see how servers would have an issue for SMP. It honestly doesn't bother me that Pahimar is taking them out because I'm pretty excited about what he might put in instead.
Posted Image

Dylan_The_Bard

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

i do admit, the condensers did make things easier, and therefore, less fun. I will hold my tongue until this is done, and i see the finished product
"You aquaint the SURLY THUGS with your brand of diplomacy" "Everybody outta the goddamn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis and a head full of empty.

ZauberExonar
  • Minecraft: zauberexonar

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I see the new pre-release has some alchemical dusts (ID resolver notified me of them).  What are these going to be used for?

Builderb0y
  • Minecraft: Builderb0y

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostZauberExonar, on 08 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

I see the new pre-release has some alchemical dusts (ID resolver notified me of them).  What are these going to be used for?
I'm wondering that too. And what the calcinator does.

Posted Image

cowchmonkey

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

will u be adding interdiction torch?

NeoDraconis
  • Minecraft: NeoDraconis

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Chunk loaders in and of themselves have been banned from certain servers, something which has not been mentioned in the previous discussion. That being said the only people who has any true right to complain about Equivalent Exchange 2 being OP are the creators. Anyways, I look forward to the full release, and I am quite enjoying the previews Pahimar.

Power is not always everything.

Posted Image

soulsliver2
  • Minecraft: 1312Fab

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Red Matter has been removed
Collectors have been removed
Condensers have been removed...... But why?? It was one of the funner/easier parts of EE, too bad. I'm still looking forwards to EE3!
Posted Image

RB98
    RB98

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Minecraft: R_B98

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

View Postsoulsliver2, on 09 November 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

Condensers have been removed...... But why?? It was one of the funner/easier parts of EE, too bad. I'm still looking forwards to EE3!

They may have been removed bacause of a bug of some sort.

natchu96
    natchu96

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

View Postsoulsliver2, on 09 November 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

View PostRB98, on 09 November 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

They may have been removed bacause of a bug of some sort.

Read the frickin' original post, guys >_>
"Better Than Wolves: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places." - Stormweaver
Posted Image

battle00333

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostZexks, on 08 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Spoiler:

Not a bug, it's a feature. Do you host your own server? Do you leave it on all night, or shut it down when you're done with it for the day? For those that purchase server space and setups, they're running all the time, which essentially means always on game play. His whole purpose for this rewrite appears to be in getting it balanced enough that it will be used more in SMP environments. In a way SMP is now taking priority over SSP, which appears to be the opposite direction than what EE2 was aimed at.

I quoted it as a Bug, see

oh and btw, about this *bug*

View PostGrammieFi, on 08 November 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Enjoy your vacation, Pahimar! *runs to dl the bugfix version*

battle00333, because of the merge of SSP into SMP, all mods have to be written with SMP in mind now. Perhaps you didn't know that. Besides that, Pahimar wants this to be used for SMP. So even if you can argue that EE2 wasn't OP for SSP, the argument becomes moot, because for 1.3.2 and beyond SMP has to be taken into account.

I didn't mind all the condensers and stuff in SSP when I was using it in 1.2.5, but I can see how servers would have an issue for SMP. It honestly doesn't bother me that Pahimar is taking them out because I'm pretty excited about what he might put in instead.

And as i said... again, i never took SMP or any features or anything side factors in mind, i only talked about the device itself

Chunk loaders in and of themselves have been banned from certain servers, something which has not been mentioned in the previous discussion. That being said the only people who has any true right to complain about Equivalent Exchange 2 being OP are the creators.

Lol, well good for me then, cus im not complaining at it being OP, im complaining at the people complaining at it being OP, Posted Image

Do you host your own server? Do you leave it on all night, or shut it down when you're done with it for the day?

Im playing on a friends server, and ive even tested if that feature is even there which it isnt, and i do know so because i tried letting the device run without being online or being anywhere near it at all for 1 hour, and once i came back it was the same quantity of diamonds in it as 1 hour earlier
Posted Image

Crazy_Eddie

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

I have no problem with looking at an ad to download your excellent work, and I truly appreciate you making your prereleases available to us, and it's just fine with me that you make a little bit of money on your hard work, but Adfly has taken a turn for the worse. I tried to download pre1a, and Adfly would not continue untill if verified an E-mail address and a cell number from me.

It claimed that these surveys were spam free. I believe that like I believe a big green "Download Now" button.

Seriously, they can't have my Email address, and no way in hell are they getting my cell number. Is there another way to download your files?

If not, I'm sorry to have bothered you with this, but I did feel you might want to know about this.
"You are the Player."
"Wake up."

raa1337
    raa1337

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2640 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostCrazy_Eddie, on 09 November 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

I have no problem with looking at an ad to download your excellent work, and I truly appreciate you making your prereleases available to us, and it's just fine with me that you make a little bit of money on your hard work, but Adfly has taken a turn for the worse. I tried to download pre1a, and Adfly would not continue untill if verified an E-mail address and a cell number from me.

It claimed that these surveys were spam free. I believe that like I believe a big green "Download Now" button.

Seriously, they can't have my Email address, and no way in hell are they getting my cell number. Is there another way to download your files?

If not, I'm sorry to have bothered you with this, but I did feel you might want to know about this.

Look at the top right. It probably says something. Probably.

Diamond_Hatcher
  • Minecraft: Mesopotamie

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

I liked the mod a lot, I hope the new mod is as good as the old one, wich was awesome!

Azradun
    Azradun

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

View PostPahimar, on 08 November 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Just for clarity, Watches of Flowing Time never worked in SMP (for a number of reasons) Posted Image

I always assumed they worked... oh well, my bad.
"wtf?! Why are you trying to argue with a professional modder? He knows a hell of a lot more than you do about this stuff and its not him, but you who is in the wrong here. Just stop it, you cant win." - This is what I fight! Rock star mentality.

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Unless it's just me and my point of view, but it's not condensors that made the game "easy" with EE2. Sure, they were/are very handy blocks (, but what made them "OP" was the "free" EMC systems, such as the Energy Collectors, Blaze Rod/Bonemeal abuse, Dark Rooms, "natural organic" resources and cobble generators that could be pumped into it at various rates/efficiency/reliability.

If the condensor is just used without any of the EMC generation systems, then it's not "OP" at all. Some simple tweaks to EMC values and the collectors would "kill" most of the EMC generation systems, and return dark/red matter to difficult and long materials to make.

I think in my single player game, my main "junk" condensor has produced at most 40 diamonds and I used it once to replicate dark matter for a flying ring, which really emptied my chests of resources. If I was playing it multiplayer, I would be in the same situation.
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!

Crazy_Eddie

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

View Postraa1337, on 09 November 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Look at the top right. It probably says something. Probably.
It did. It said it was waiting for me to finish the activity. There was no timer and no "skip ad" button.
"You are the Player."
"Wake up."