Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Good Forge Mods for 1.4.2?

forge mods 1.4.2 good mobs scmowns

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1

SuperEpicClay

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

So, I just got forge on my Minecraft (on Mac OS X by the way), and I wanted to know if there are any good mods for forge right. I've just gotten bored of Vanilla. Posted Image
SuperEpicClay

Register or log in to remove.

#2

rivvest
    rivvest

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Twilight Forest, Millenaire, Mystcraft.. http://www.minecraft...or-142-and-132/

Revamp - Rivvest's Enhanced Villagers and Mob Performance
http://www.minecraft...ob-performance/


#3

TheMightyDM
  • Minecraft: A_Moving_Target

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

1.4.2 only just came out so not likely to see some really awesome mods just yet.  I've been playing on 1.2.5 recently....lot's of nice mods for that.  Use something like MCNostalgia to downgrade versions and find something cool.  Or just wait til people update to 1.4.2

#4

rivvest
    rivvest

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostTheMightyDM, on 27 October 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

1.4.2 only just came out so not likely to see some really awesome mods just yet.  I've been playing on 1.2.5 recently....lot's of nice mods for that.  Use something like MCNostalgia to downgrade versions and find something cool.  Or just wait til people update to 1.4.2

Tale of Kingdoms, Pre-historic Mod, Ruins, Legendary Beasts.. http://www.minecraft...or-142-and-132/

Revamp - Rivvest's Enhanced Villagers and Mob Performance
http://www.minecraft...ob-performance/


#5

SuperEpicClay

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, I've got a couple mods already, Tale of Kingdoms, Rei's Minimap and TMI (already had Minimap and TMI). And i know how to downgrade, thanks for the other mod names!
SuperEpicClay

#6

alreadyinuse
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Minecraft: alreadyinuse
  • Xbox:ArJeey

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

I don't even have a good link for forge 1.4.2, can someone link please!

#7

iananderson

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostSuperEpicClay, on 27 October 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Yeah, I've got a couple mods already, Tale of Kingdoms, Rei's Minimap and TMI (already had Minimap and TMI). And i know how to downgrade, thanks for the other mod names!

Get rid of TMI and switch to NEI, it's better for Forge.

Here's a list of 1.4.2 mods I'm using.
Edit: You can get Forge from here. You need 332 or greater for most mods.

#8

Trickjump50
  • Location: NY, NY
  • Minecraft: noahsark50

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Look up the ICMB mod. This is pretty much Explosives + on crack. Very fun. Combine that ­ WITH Explosives+ and zeppelin mod and get awesomeness.
Keep it real G[img]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.duckshit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/minecraft-funny-pics.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.duckshit.com/tag/funny-minecraft-pic/&usg=__S29jeExKtczaIWeHPKe89El1pD4=&h=439&w=780&sz=74&hl=en&start=0&sig2=FsWCXqGbjf7X8q5-pNMvGg&zoom=1&tbnid=mL-F7UNBpLn7qM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=220&ei=trckTpuzF8Lk0QG5hLXwCg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfunny%2Bminecraft%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D624%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=279&vpy=116&dur=64&hovh=168&hovw=299&tx=155&ty=68&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0[/img]

#9

Darkhax
    Darkhax

    Haxor Moderator

  • Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 4086 posts
  • Location: Canada.
  • Minecraft: darkhax

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

lol more swords mod :3

http://www.minecraft...-200-downloads/

Posted Image


#10

deco2000
    deco2000

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
  • Minecraft: deco2000

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Metallurgy2 is fun along with toomanyplants. I also recomend CraftGuide because the recipes can get a little confusing (#more legit than NEI).

Hope you like them!

#11

Torrentula81

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postalreadyinuse, on 27 October 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

I don't even have a good link for forge 1.4.2, can someone link please!

http://files.minecraftforge.net/
6.0 is for 1.4.2
Posted Image

#12

TFMxM0NSTA_MODS
  • Location: New York State, United States of America
  • Minecraft: WhiteKidGhetto

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostSuperEpicClay, on 27 October 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

So, I just got forge on my Minecraft (on Mac OS X by the way), and I wanted to know if there are any good mods for forge right. I've just gotten bored of Vanilla. Posted Image
  • Buildcraft
  • Trains and zeppleins
  • Optifine
  • Too Many Items

For the best mods and tutorials for modding, go to http://www.TFMMODS.weebly.com (Website last updated on 11/05/'12)

#13

YX33A
    YX33A

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 781 posts
  • Location: Trying to make a Gas Chamber in FTB for Endermen
  • Minecraft: YX33A

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

If ICBM_Mentioned count <1
Suggest_ICBM count +1
Else print "ICBM is wicked fun, even by yourself, though if you're not alone, Mystcraft is a good mod to add for extra-dimensional warfare to keep the main world clean of stray nukes. Also great if you are alone, so one can mess around with it more freely without mishaps from nukes or antimatter."
IfMystcraft_Mentioned count <1
Suggest_Mystcraft Count +1
else print "Totally worth using, even if it is being rebalanced and will make Linking much harder when ready"
If "Ars Magica" version_check = 1.4.2
Suggest_Ars_Magica count +1
else print "Once Ars Magica is updated for 1.4.2, making your minecraft world feel more magical with a wide selection of spells and some fancy toys will be much easier. If you are willing to downgrade, it's quite fun. Raw Essence using items are somewhat unbalanced at the moment(more so if you are using mods which don't only use vanilla resources), but are still fun to mess around with. Autocrafting is easier as well, with the Magic Fabricator, since you set up a recipe and the raw essence needed for it is used instead of the resources in the crafting grid, so one can make sets of armor with only enough stuff for one piece."
Print "Railcraft is always a good mod to add to your selection if you like building rail systems. With it's recent steam boilers and steam engines, one can even power Buildcraft power hogs without needing super complex pipe setups. See how many 9x9x8 iron tanks you can fill with steam while you wait for other mods to update. Who knows? Maybe Covert Jaguar will make Steam Turbines at least somewhat of a good idea while you wait for mods to update.  Though they are useful for Universal Electricity if you need power for a large grid of missile launchers and radar stations, assuming you have enough steel."
end

"Minecraft is like an orgasm - even science can't describe it"
Posted Image    Posted Image

Cryptonat said:

Snitch said:

Basically you're stuck in hell till you find a portal out. There are alternatives to pig, by the way, as you probably know. :>
There are no alternatives to Bacon. Ever.

#14

Deathassassin05
  • Location: The NetherRealm
  • Minecraft: deathassassin05
  • Xbox:deathassassin05

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostYX33A, on 28 October 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

If ICBM_Mentioned count <1
Suggest_ICBM count +1
Else print "ICBM is wicked fun, even by yourself, though if you're not alone, Mystcraft is a good mod to add for extra-dimensional warfare to keep the main world clean of stray nukes. Also great if you are alone, so one can mess around with it more freely without mishaps from nukes or antimatter."
IfMystcraft_Mentioned count <1
Suggest_Mystcraft Count +1
else print "Totally worth using, even if it is being rebalanced and will make Linking much harder when ready"
If "Ars Magica" version_check = 1.4.2
Suggest_Ars_Magica count +1
else print "Once Ars Magica is updated for 1.4.2, making your minecraft world feel more magical with a wide selection of spells and some fancy toys will be much easier. If you are willing to downgrade, it's quite fun. Raw Essence using items are somewhat unbalanced at the moment(more so if you are using mods which don't only use vanilla resources), but are still fun to mess around with. Autocrafting is easier as well, with the Magic Fabricator, since you set up a recipe and the raw essence needed for it is used instead of the resources in the crafting grid, so one can make sets of armor with only enough stuff for one piece."
Print "Railcraft is always a good mod to add to your selection if you like building rail systems. With it's recent steam boilers and steam engines, one can even power Buildcraft power hogs without needing super complex pipe setups. See how many 9x9x8 iron tanks you can fill with steam while you wait for other mods to update. Who knows? Maybe Covert Jaguar will make Steam Turbines at least somewhat of a good idea while you wait for mods to update. Though they are useful for Universal Electricity if you need power for a large grid of missile launchers and radar stations, assuming you have enough steel."
end
Hehe...I need to start commenting like this.. Grats to you for the clever idea! :)
My personal recommendations would be:
  • Crossbows 2
  • NEI
  • TMI
  • Rei'sMinimap
  • Optifine
anything that adds new Items really.
Happy crafting!
Posted Image
[◄,►] sheeeep

#15

SuperEpicClay

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostYX33A, on 28 October 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

If ICBM_Mentioned count <1
Suggest_ICBM count +1
Else print "ICBM is wicked fun, even by yourself, though if you're not alone, Mystcraft is a good mod to add for extra-dimensional warfare to keep the main world clean of stray nukes. Also great if you are alone, so one can mess around with it more freely without mishaps from nukes or antimatter."
IfMystcraft_Mentioned count <1
Suggest_Mystcraft Count +1
else print "Totally worth using, even if it is being rebalanced and will make Linking much harder when ready"
If "Ars Magica" version_check = 1.4.2
Suggest_Ars_Magica count +1
else print "Once Ars Magica is updated for 1.4.2, making your minecraft world feel more magical with a wide selection of spells and some fancy toys will be much easier. If you are willing to downgrade, it's quite fun. Raw Essence using items are somewhat unbalanced at the moment(more so if you are using mods which don't only use vanilla resources), but are still fun to mess around with. Autocrafting is easier as well, with the Magic Fabricator, since you set up a recipe and the raw essence needed for it is used instead of the resources in the crafting grid, so one can make sets of armor with only enough stuff for one piece."
Print "Railcraft is always a good mod to add to your selection if you like building rail systems. With it's recent steam boilers and steam engines, one can even power Buildcraft power hogs without needing super complex pipe setups. See how many 9x9x8 iron tanks you can fill with steam while you wait for other mods to update. Who knows? Maybe Covert Jaguar will make Steam Turbines at least somewhat of a good idea while you wait for mods to update. Though they are useful for Universal Electricity if you need power for a large grid of missile launchers and radar stations, assuming you have enough steel."
end
One question, what's ICBM?
SuperEpicClay

#16

PureLiquid

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostSuperEpicClay, on 28 October 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

One question, what's ICBM?
ICBM stands for Inter Continental Ballistic Missile.
It's pretty much a mod that adds missiles and explosives.
Got the mod myself as well, and its loads of fun and has great animations for some explosions as well.

#17

Animals705
  • Location: California, United States
  • Minecraft: Animals705
  • Xbox:True shot98

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

You  might be able to find some nice mods here http://www.9minecraf...aft-1-4-2-mods/
Posted Image

#18

Animals705
  • Location: California, United States
  • Minecraft: Animals705
  • Xbox:True shot98

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Find some here http://www.9minecraf...aft-1-4-2-mods/
Posted Image

#19

Dante12129

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Don't use TMI, use NEI. Also, Redpower should be updating soon.
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come.

Posted Image


#20

luke127
    luke127

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 470 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: LC14199

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Hope it does. That was a great mod :)
Every action has an equal/opposite reaction -Isaac Newton