• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Dyed Armor with the command block

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TheEmpire12

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Any person know how I can use the command "give" to give a dyed armor?

Register or log in to remove.

Jickster360
  • Minecraft: jickster360

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

i have tried, but i can't find an awnser.
good luck

Irignation
  • Minecraft: Irignation

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

You have to use the item id for leather and specify the color after the id with :
Such as 299:3. So the command would be "give <player> 299:3"

Posted Image

TheEmpire12

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostIrignation, on 27 October 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

You have to use the item id for leather and specify the color after the id with :
I tried it, but not found.

SimpleRedstoner
  • Minecraft: Shad0wJunkie

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostIrignation, on 27 October 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

That would not work. It gives you leather armor with its durability used depending on the number after the colon.
Ex: 299:28 would give you leather armor with its durability down by 28.
Posted Image

Irignation
  • Minecraft: Irignation

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostSimpleRedstoner, on 28 October 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

That would not work. It gives you leather armor with its durability used depending on the number after the colon.

That's odd because the different kind of logs/planks are using this method. Ex: /give 5 gives you a Oak Plank. /give 5:1 gives the user Spruce Planks and so on.
Interesting.

Empire, you might want to check out SethBling. He has created MCEdit-filters for these kind of stuff. Don't know if he has filters for this very purpose, but he has several filters for getting an infinite stack of dyed Leather Armor for example.

Posted Image

Moranic
    Moranic

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1808 posts
  • Minecraft: Moranic

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostIrignation, on 28 October 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

That's odd because the different kind of logs/planks are using this method. Ex: /give 5 gives you a Oak Plank. /give 5:1 gives the user Spruce Planks and so on.
Interesting.
That's because the damage value determines the damage of the leather. Maybe try /give 299 #123456 or something (#****** = hexadecimal nuber). If that works we could get normally unobtainable colours in the game!
Posted Image

TheEmpire12

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

View PostSimpleRedstoner, on 28 October 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Simple Redstoner, you can't have a worn item. For example if you want a diamond helmet, you can write for example
/give <player> 310:7 because the item original is 310, and 310:7 is a new ID through the original item.

View PostIrignation, on 28 October 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Interesting.

Empire, you might want to check out SethBling. He has created MCEdit-filters for these kind of stuff. Don't know if he has filters for this very purpose, but he has several filters for getting an infinite stack of dyed Leather Armor for example.
/give <player> 5 is the ID original, wood, but 5:1, 5:2 , 5:3 are the variants of the wood. These IDs are original, you not have it through another.
I ask Sethbling about this, but he say that I can't.

View PostMoranic, on 28 October 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

That's because the damage value determines the damage of the leather. Maybe try /give 299 #123456 or something (#****** = hexadecimal nuber). If that works we could get normally unobtainable colours in the game!
For example /give <player> 298 #15F

This is that you want say?

CatalanRedstoners

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm working on a multiplayer map powered by redstone and I also need to give coloured armor with command blocks :(

j3rmy
    j3rmy

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Minecraft: j3rmy

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I think it might be easier to use command block to teleport you to a 1x1x2 room, use dispensers with the dyed armor to give the armor to you, then teleport you back. I think SethBling uses this in his TF2 map. You can use his infinite items filter for this.
Posted Image

Discofix
    Discofix

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Minecraft: Discofix
  • Xbox:ERROR 404

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostTheEmpire12, on 26 October 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

Any person know how I can use the command "give" to give a dyed armor?
Right now, I have to say: It SADLY doesn't work. You can't just even Spawn dyed armor (even with command blocks). Posted Image

Jugbot
    Jugbot

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

If you must have infinite items, and you don't want to use sethbling's fill dispenser filter (fills each slot with127 of any item) then use a spanner to spawn the items in a room through mc-edit.

I know my stuff

smpmike23
  • Minecraft: smpmike23

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Currently, you can only affect the damage values for command items. Wool uses the damage value for the colors (/give <player> 35 1 4 would be yellow wool), but armor uses it for the actual damage value. If you don't mind a bulky mechanism, you can use an item spawner with a water line that flows into a hopper/dispenser that would allow for an inifinite source of a specific item. That, mixed with some other commands can force a limit per player.
Posted Image
WIP 128x 64x, SEUS support, Mod support in the pipeline TEKKIT, FTB, the more support the more mods!

Jugbot
    Jugbot

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

View Postsmpmike23, on 08 February 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

Currently, you can only affect the damage values for command items. Wool uses the damage value for the colors (/give <player> 35 1 4 would be yellow wool), but armor uses it for the actual damage value. If you don't mind a bulky mechanism, you can use an item spawner with a water line that flows into a hopper/dispenser that would allow for an inifinite source of a specific item. That, mixed with some other commands can force a limit per player.
Instead of a water flow, you can use a hopper in the 1.5.0 update to put whatever item you are spawning directly into a chest or dispenser!

No bulky ness : )

WhiteMoment

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

http://sethbling.com/ColorArmor
If you want to use it with dispenser

BoxGamer
    BoxGamer

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think that j3rmy is right! You should make him to tp to an 1x1x3 area then step on pressure plate connected to dispenser, and a command block that is going to port him where he needs! (Be sure to make command block activates at least 1 redstone tick after so player can get his stuff). And for infinite dispenser video check SethBling's video!

Pyrates313
  • Minecraft: pyrates313

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

View Postj3rmy, on 28 October 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

I think it might be easier to use command block to teleport you to a 1x1x2 room, use dispensers with the dyed armor to give the armor to you, then teleport you back. I think SethBling uses this in his TF2 map. You can use his infinite items filter for this.
I think you need a 1x1x3 room, because you cant tp when theres still a pressure plate in the way. also, use droppers, it automatically equips the items.

Check out this awesome little map!

Posted Image

Jdman1699

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostPyrates313, on 04 July 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

I think you need a 1x1x3 room, because you cant tp when theres still a pressure plate in the way. also, use droppers, it automatically equips the items.
Dispensers equip armor, not droppers.
Warning: reading the above post has been known to cause the following side effects: Uncontrollable rage, urge to smash your computer, screaming like an angry gorilla, desire to hire a gang of monkeys to hurl banana peels at Jdman1699.

apostolis001

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

ekjr\pvk\qjvaH\ OIAHUOHO\HOP|OhuhdupoHUOPHEPRVHQPJHURVGQO'PJipheuhfpohohuohohouihoqhg'oquhgeouqhg

Ohhhh my head!
(don't try this at home)

Pyrates313
  • Minecraft: pyrates313

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostJdman1699, on 04 July 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Dispensers equip armor, not droppers.
I knew something was wrong :P

Check out this awesome little map!

Posted Image