Last Updated: Sunday Dec 16 7:30AM(EST)
Due to the addition of more content into Minecraft, Block IDs had to be changed. Because this would already break an existing world, I completely reworked the configs so this issue should not arise in the future. This means that you will have to start a completely new world. But the benefit can be amazing sometimes. Enjoy.
AMCO now has it's own site at AMCO Mod Pack Check there for the complete list of mods in the pack and for special news about upcoming releases. It was brought to my attention that I slipped up. The list of the mods in the pack are with the download link on the website. So if you go to the downloads option you will see both the list and a link for the download. The download links are also in the instructions for installing below.
What is it: Dozens of the best mods out there, all tested and working together in one download (on Arrrg's system at least).
What's in it: Higher resolution graphics, new art, new minerals, new tools, better landscapes, new plants, more arrows, lots of bug fixes, and tons more. See the "Credits and Content" links below.
Here are some very nice videos
Here are some nice install videos by TeamMCDivine and WubWubCrafters
Thank you TeamMCDivine and WubWubCrafters
NOTE: The changes in the pack should not break anyone's world nor have a major impact on it. Mostly I switched out some Risugami's mods and replaced them with more interesting ones. The 2 mods that might affect people will be the removal of the Armor Stand and the Shelf mod. I took these out because some users had reported that they were not displaying mod items correctly. I will see if a fix is available and if so make the necessary change and place them back in the game.
How to install it:
Backup Everything!Type %appdata% at the top of any explorer window to find the .minecraft folder.
Backup the entire folder by renaming it ‘minecraft_old’ (note the lack of ‘.’ at front).
AMCO requires a fresh copy of the game! There are several dozen mods in AMCO, so it is likely to conflict with anything but a fresh install of Minecraft.
1. Download the MMC install file
2. Open the downloaded install file
3. Copy the enclosed AMCO 145 Rev 2 folder directly into the instances folder
4. Launch Multi MC, it will find the enclosed new instance you just created
5. Launch the instance doing a force update so it will download the minecraft files
6. Quit the game and then relaunch it. This will install the files and set everything up
7. Enjoy playing Minecraft with the AMCO mod pack
1. Download the manual install file
2. Download a fresh Minecraft jar
3. Open the minecraft.jar file with your favorite archiving program (I use winrar)
4. Delete the META-INF folder inside
5. Open the manual install file you downloaded
6. Inside of the jars folder you will find additional archivred files.
7. Open the forge file first and copy the files inside into the minecraft.jar
Repeat this step for each of the files in the jars folders.
8. Now launch minecraft so that forge can create the required folders.
9. Exit the game.
10. Now copy all of the files in the minecraft folder in the zip (EXCEPT THE BIN FOLDER) to your .minecraft folder.
11. Launch the game and enjoy playing Minecraft with the AMCO mod pack.
Optional: But highly recommended.You'll have to install these yourself. Install 'Optifine'. Then, you can start using the high resolution texture packs included (or load your own high resolution one).
Optional: Don't like one of the mods? Disable it. Go to the .minecraft/mods folder and delete it.
AMCO Tech Pack 1.4.5
Because I want get this out for a Christmas release the current download is for a MultiMC install. However, by the time most of you know about this I will be able to get a Manual Install ready and uploaded. Same instructions as above for install. Tech Pack
And here is the manual install: Manual Tech Pack
A bug with the NEI tool tips where if you look at torchberries/roots in block form, they will say sapling/NYI and dissappear. This makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get torchberries. Try turning off the Tool Tips option in the NEI Options
A small bug where if a limb sticks into a block, it crashes the game. Try setting the Limb Duration down to 5.
Minions Mod 'missing deed config file'. See the spoiler at the end of this for the fix and what to do with it.
Having Trouble? The forum can probably help, but error logs are required.
Reports bugs by replying to the forum with a copy or your error log.
To obtain an error log, download this batch file to anywhere and run it debug.bat
After running the error test batch file, a log window opens and starts Minecraft.
Make the problem happen again and then close Minecraft.
The log window should then have further instructions for you.
Right-click, Select All, then hit enter to copy it.
Recovery: (In case something goes horribly wrong)
1) Delete everything from the new .minecraft folder. Don’t delete the folder itself, just the contents.
2) Copy everything from the minecraft_old folder back into the .minecraft folder.
Credits and Contents:
ACMO is created from the fantastic work and written permission from all the modders involved.
Without it none of this would be possible.
Visit the AMCO site for complete info and a history of the pack.
Due to the addition of more content into Minecraft, Block IDs had to be changed. Because this would already break an existing world, I completely reworked the configs so this issue should not arise in the future. This means that you will have to start a completely new world. But the benifit can be amazing sometimes. Enjoy.
Missing Config file for the Minions Mod
I am looking for people who have an interest in Stargate and Technology, I will be building a tech pack addition of the AMCO pack to be released after the first of the year. I am looking to put the StargateTech mod in that pack. For those who are interested you can join with the developer, LordFokas, on irc.esper.net in #StargateTech.
Also, if you like the motion of the water in lakes and some of the other weather conditions we see in life, I would ask that you visit the site of a friend, who, against his usual decision, has allowed AMCO the exclusive right to distribute his mod with this pack. That would be my friend, Corosus, who does the weather mod included. You can find his weather mod (and all of his other as well) at Corosus's Mods. be sure to check out his site for some good mods.
1. The AMCO Mod Pack is the intellectually property of Arrrg and Shantomken and cannot be distributed through any means other than that provided through this forum thread and the Amco web site. Anyone attempting or actually distributing this mod pack through any other means can and will be processed to the full extent of the law.
2. I, Shantomken (aka Kenny) hereby put forth and profoundly proclaim that I will NOT assist anyone in getting permissions from a mod author. Nor will I attempt in any form or manner to get someone accepted to be a part of forgecraft. I do not have the acceptance with the people of forgecraft and, even if I did, use that to assist anyone attempting to.