• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2][1.6.4][Forge] Hit Splat Damage Indicators v3.1.1 RPG UI and Damage Amount Mod

1.4.5 1.4.2 hit splat pop off damage indicators 1.4.6 1.4.7

• Please log in to reply
2770 replies to this topic

rich1051414

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostPieLordMan, on 27 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hey, i made a spotlight on the mod, can you please put it in the new page?
its in the newset version.

thanks anyway
Wow I wouldn't of guessed that armored zombies have a fake max health. I will look into fixing this. It is probably because you gave him the armor instead of him spawning with it, but never the less, I will fix it Posted Image

Thanks for the spotlight, I have been needing updated spotlights for a while.

Edit: Found the problem, seems damage events trigger after all enchantments but before armor protection is applied.

Instead of synthetic calculations, I instead chose to watch health changes instead, so that 100% accuracy is guaranteed. I will release an update later today.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Brandonn
  • Minecraft: Brandonn

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

I tried using the forge that you link to:

minecraftforge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.0.390

Same results. Is there anything else I can test that may be helpful? When you tested did you use LAN? It's all supposed to be merged and the same code, but maybe there is a small difference. It is loading on both computers fine - so I'm not sure what's preventing it from working.

I host the games, so I get to use it just fine, I'd just like us to both benefit from it. :)

Is there anyone out there that uses this mod on LAN without issue for all connected?

rich1051414

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostBrandonn, on 28 November 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

I tried using the forge that you link to:

minecraftforge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.0.390

Same results. Is there anything else I can test that may be helpful? When you tested did you use LAN? It's all supposed to be merged and the same code, but maybe there is a small difference. It is loading on both computers fine - so I'm not sure what's preventing it from working.

I host the games, so I get to use it just fine, I'd just like us to both benefit from it. Posted Image

Is there anyone out there that uses this mod on LAN without issue for all connected?
Don't worry, with the new features, and the discovery that my old method lied about damage, I have changed the way damage is calculated and delivered. It will now be done on dataWatchers, which you said was working for you(the hud).

Keep an eye out, update will be out soon.

Also, in the meantime, look for: "mod_DamageIndicators failed while building it's font file." in the logs.

Even if it is not there, try changing the config to use the default texture file.

Edit: Recreated it, now checking if my new method will fix it. :)

Posted Image

Brandonn

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Great news, I will wait for the update. Unless looking for that in the logs would help.

I was also wondering if there is a way to show green numbers for healing... Basically two separate colors for if life is going up or down.

rich1051414

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

View PostBrandonn, on 28 November 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

Great news, I will wait for the update. Unless looking for that in the logs would help.

I was also wondering if there is a way to show green numbers for healing... Basically two separate colors for if life is going up or down.

DamageIndicators[1.4.5]v1.2.1 released.

Completely reworked the damage calculation system and client delivery. LAN issues are no longer present. Since I rewrote the whole whole communication system, I am unsure exactly what was causing the issues on LAN clients only, but it is now fixed. the Damage Queue system developed earlier is disabled while I rework it, but it is not a priority, it is mostly a convenience feature for my other mod, the paint gun mod.

Also, turned off mouse overs while gui menu's are open so they don't leak onto other screens.

Edit: I will try to add damage indicators for negative damage tomorrow(heals), with it's own color setting in the config(green default).

My previous method of catching damage did not deliver heals, so it was never implemented. the new version does.

Edit 2: Healing support is done. I do not want to make another release however until I am sure there are no major bugs in the current version. So post ANY bugs you encounter.

Posted Image

RaggySnipezz

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Postrich1051414, on 27 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Hotfix released to fixed this.
Many thanks.

Brandonn

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Everything working as mentioned on LAN for both players. Many thanks!

rich1051414

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

DamageIndicators[1.4.5]v1.2.2 released.

Heals now pop off in green(default).

Instead of the old queue system, damage accumulates and bounces off on entity updates.

Posted Image

SnorlaxBR_

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hey, I liked your mod, I saw in your "Multilingual Reviews and Spotlights" spoiler: "Português revisão por CanaldoTails1234".
I speak Portuguse, should be: "Revisão em Português por CanaldoTalis1234" Posted Image
I'm going to do a Portuguese Review to, with the new feature of show the current mob health.
Just one more thing, you can make the mob healthe apears over its health and not directly on the screen?

Epic Mod!

rich1051414

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostSnorlaxBR_, on 29 November 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hey, I liked your mod, I saw in your "Multilingual Reviews and Spotlights" spoiler: "Português revisão por CanaldoTails1234".
I speak Portuguse, should be: "Revisão em Português por CanaldoTalis1234" Posted Image
I'm going to do a Portuguese Review to, with the new feature of show the current mob health.
Just one more thing, you can make the mob healthe apears over its health and not directly on the screen?

Epic Mod!

Well I have heard this request so much it makes me wanna puke, but all that means is it is really desired, so I did it.

HOWEVER, I did it my own way. Many people have done this, in different ways, but I believe I am the first with the mouse over with the tooltip like details to do this.

I find it clean and unintrusive, and I left the ability to turn it off.

Posted Image

SnorlaxBR_

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I don't think they are intrusive, but i think would be more cool if they apear over the mob head :D

rich1051414

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostSnorlaxBR_, on 29 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I don't think they are intrusive, but i think would be more cool if they apear over the mob head Posted Image

Well over the heads(probably) won't happen, I have another idea that I may or may not take it, but I promise it would be equally cool.

Posted Image

SnorlaxBR_

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

A Portguese Review with the new feature of showing the mob current health:

DivineOtter
  • Minecraft: DivineOtter

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Yes! I have been waiting for something like this to come along!

rich1051414

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

A little Sneak Peak of what is coming...

Posted Image

No, it is not done, and yes, you can probably guess what I am working on :)

Posted Image

SnorlaxBR_

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Is that Zombie Pigman on the left corner on the top of the image? :P

Is possible make the numbers apear in 3D?

rich1051414

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostSnorlaxBR_, on 30 November 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

Is that Zombie Pigman on the left corner on the top of the image? Posted Image

Is possible make the numbers apear in 3D?
please... think about that question.

for it to be 3D, it would only be legible from 2 directions, unless it rototed with the camera, in which case, it is no longer 3d.

Posted Image

rich1051414

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

DamageIndicators[1.4.5]v2.0.0 released:

Now shows the Mob portrait preview with current health when you mouse over mobs! Every registered Mob type(mod mobs too) can have this preview adjusted using config files, so full compatibility is easy. Have a mob displaying incorrectly? Navigate to /.mincraft/config/DIAdvancedCompatibility/class.path.to.entity.cfg(Vanilla mobs will have obfuscated classpaths, but will still show the entity name in the filename), open it with whatever editor you use, and descriptions for all the adjustments are listed. If you fix a mob, PLEASE submit it to this forum. It will help not only me, but other users. I will compile all the submissions to be included in the next release as config defaults, so others will not need to worry about it. Because of this, I recommend deleting the DIAdvancedCompatibility folder on every update so you too get the improved default configs.

Posted Image

Edit: Forgot about obfuscation in config creation. Redownload if the mob type's real name is not appended to the end of the filename so you can still identify it.

Posted Image

SteveDisbelieve

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

This is cool Posted Image

Noticed one thing, Squids need to be adjusted, they are too low on the portrait.

Now all you need is an artist to make a cool skin for this, WoW style would look really cool Posted Image

Edit: Oh I actually read your message. I was worried about opening the config, but that was really easy to fix. Here is the fixed config for squids:
Spoiler:

rich1051414

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostSteveDisbelieve, on 01 December 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

This is cool Posted Image

Noticed one thing, Squids need to be adjusted, they are too low on the portrait.

Now all you need is an artist to make a cool skin for this, WoW style would look really cool Posted Image

Edit: Oh I actually read your message. I was worried about opening the config, but that was really easy to fix. Here is the fixed config for squids:
Spoiler:

Thank you. It will be the default on the next release.

Posted Image