Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.5.2][Buildcraft] DenPipes 2.0

buildcraft pipe valve

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
333 replies to this topic

#201

Forecaster
  • Location: Sweden
  • Minecraft: Forecaster

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

View PostSenioo, on 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

When you said 1.4.4 is almost playable. what about Industrail Craft and all it's milion addons? Is it ported to 1.4.4+ somewhere ? o.O

IC2 has a public beta for 1.4.5 currently. It's on their forum.

http://forum.industr...d&threadID=8375
Railcraft Boiler Calculator(Now updated to 8.3!)
Minecraft Online ID Resolver BETA! Come discuss/report bugs in #towerofawesome @ esper.net

Register or log in to remove.

#202

DragonMorkeleb

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hi there.

I've made a video of the issue I mentioned before where the automatic wooden transport pipe does nothing on its own:


Server and client logs can be found here:
Client log: http://pastebin.com/N1c5jnNt
Server log: http://pastebin.com/mePxf5s8
However i don't think you can read much from them since I don't see real errors.

Btw: How about an automatic obsidian transport pipe?

#203

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

You need to stick a gate in the pipe and use the Extract action in the gate menu.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#204

DragonMorkeleb

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

View Postdenoflions, on 27 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

You need to stick a gate in the pipe and use the Extract action in the gate menu.

Hey, thanx! It works now.

My suggestion of an automatic obsidian transport pipe still stands...

Also, maybe you know why a gold or stone conductive pipe just blows up (its directly after a energy link and wooden conductive pipe)? Nothing else is destroyed.

#205

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostDragonMorkeleb, on 27 November 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Hey, thanx! It works now.

My suggestion of an automatic obsidian transport pipe still stands...

Also, maybe you know why a gold or stone conductive pipe just blows up (its directly after a energy link and wooden conductive pipe)? Nothing else is destroyed.

I don't see anything in the BC pipe source about explosions so your guess is as good as mine.

Auto obsidian pipe is doable.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#206

SillyBits
    SillyBits

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1127 posts
  • Location: Trapped in a bizarre mystcraft age called "Real life"
  • Minecraft: SillyBits

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

BC conductive pipes can now explode if energy has nowhere to go resp. no machine acquiring it, latest change to BC .... happened to me too this morning on my always-on steam engine (which now uses gates/pipewires to give it a redstone signal if "has work" is detected in my workshop xDDDD)

MineUI, the MineOS user interface library ... now publicly available for your rpc8/e terminal ^^

Visit the RP2 wiki at http://integratedred...aces.com/MineUI


#207

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostSillyBits, on 28 November 2012 - 11:48 AM, said:

BC conductive pipes can now explode if energy has nowhere to go resp. no machine acquiring it, latest change to BC .... happened to me too this morning on my always-on steam engine (which now uses gates/pipewires to give it a redstone signal if "has work" is detected in my workshop xDDDD)

I'll have to try and confirm that when I get home. If they actually do explode under those circumstances that kind of sucks. I'll have to make conductive pipes of the non-exploding variety.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#208

DragonMorkeleb

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Wow, interesting.

So now we have to detect if at least one machine actually uses energy and turn off energy production if not?
Thst could cause rather complicated redstone wirings..

While this change does make sense - is there an elegant solution on handling this without circumventing by introdusing conductive pipes that can't break?

#209

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostDragonMorkeleb, on 28 November 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

Wow, interesting.

So now we have to detect if at least one machine actually uses energy and turn off energy production if not?
Thst could cause rather complicated redstone wirings..

While this change does make sense - is there an elegant solution on handling this without circumventing by introdusing conductive pipes that can't break?

I don't think they actually explode. Not only can I not find any code that would cause that in the BC source, but I can't make it happen in practice. I think his engine blew up and not the pipe

Scratch that. Managed to blow one up. Looking at how to best remedy this little annoyance.

Edit: Found the code that causes it to happen. Working up a patch...

Edit2: Patch complete. Grab it on github. Look in the patches section. Stick the patch jar in the mods folder and you're good to pump energy into pipes without fear.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#210

DragonMorkeleb

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'm ok with them blowing up, however maybe the best solution would be to make it configurable whether they blow up or not.
Maybe your patch can make that configurable, that way it might be acceptable to the buildcraft owners so they grab your patch?

I've got another question:
Currently the automatic wooden transport pipes pull at the max speed (as you mentioned, the same you get with a redstone engine fully heated up).
However in some cases this is too fast, for instance when I pull ore from a chest, put it in a macerator and pull out the dust, since 2 dust are produced for every ore the dust keeps building up and there actually is no machine that smelts the dust fast enough to keep up (using the induction furnace fully heated up).

So it would be great to be able to tell it to only run at half or quarter speed, and maybe even to control it more fine-grained.

I assume this is not yet possible?
If so can you support this?

#211

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostDragonMorkeleb, on 01 December 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

I'm ok with them blowing up, however maybe the best solution would be to make it configurable whether they blow up or not.
Maybe your patch can make that configurable, that way it might be acceptable to the buildcraft owners so they grab your patch?

I've got another question:
Currently the automatic wooden transport pipes pull at the max speed (as you mentioned, the same you get with a redstone engine fully heated up).
However in some cases this is too fast, for instance when I pull ore from a chest, put it in a macerator and pull out the dust, since 2 dust are produced for every ore the dust keeps building up and there actually is no machine that smelts the dust fast enough to keep up (using the induction furnace fully heated up).

So it would be great to be able to tell it to only run at half or quarter speed, and maybe even to control it more fine-grained.

I assume this is not yet possible?
If so can you support this?

The patch is very heavy-handed because I was trying to modify as little as possible. I'll write a less blunt version and see if Sengir will consider it.

It isn't possible with the current setup, but the speed is controlled by the gate action, so perhaps I can add a few more actions that work slower.

Edit: Updated the explosion patch to the latest BC source. This one writes an option in BC's config file to control the explosion.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#212

Khalamov

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I have an IC2 reactor outputting steam through an industrial stone pipe to a Railcraft turbine.
Everything is fine if the reactor is off and not outputting steam, but as soon as I turn on the reactor I get:

Spoiler:

I'm running (in addition to about 50 other mods):

Forge 6.4.1.409
Buildcraft 3.2.1
denlib 2.0.3
Railcraft 6.9.1.0
Valve Pipes 1.3.2

Any ideas?

#213

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostKhalamov, on 02 December 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

I have an IC2 reactor outputting steam through an industrial stone pipe to a Railcraft turbine.
Everything is fine if the reactor is off and not outputting steam, but as soon as I turn on the reactor I get:

Spoiler:

I'm running (in addition to about 50 other mods):

Forge 6.4.1.409
Buildcraft 3.2.1
denlib 2.0.3
Railcraft 6.9.1.0
Valve Pipes 1.3.2

Any ideas?

No idea whatsoever. I'll go install ic2 and try to recreate that scenario.

Edit: Getting this crash with RC boilers too. I think its when the pipe fills up. I wonder what changed in BC to cause this...
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#214

Nirek
    Nirek

    Zombie Killer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

It's specifically something with the industrial pipe, when liquid begins traversing it the piperender has a meltdown.

#215

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostNirek, on 02 December 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

It's specifically something with the industrial pipe, when liquid begins traversing it the piperender has a meltdown.

It has to be something with the capacity. My pipes are the only ones with higher than normal capacity so the BC rendering system expects one-size-fits-all to work.

I'm talking to CovertJaguar on IRC, but I think this is going to be harder to fix than I'd like it to be. Will update when we come up with something.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#216

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Update: I've submitted a pull request to the BC team that fixes the crash.

I also made a patch that will temporarily fix the problem until the pull request can be evaluated.

The pipes won't look like they are moving much liquid at all with the patch... but they actually are working correctly. Rendering is honestly Greek to me so I just got it to stop crashing.

Edit: Pull request was accepted. If you're using BC builds off my distro any build #19 and newer have the problem fixed.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

#217

harley9699

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

But, isn't BC already 3.2.1? I'm all cornfused.


Posted Image


#218

Lfty
    Lfty

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 841 posts
  • Location: not here, not there, im everywhere :)
  • Minecraft: Lefty

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Yes, newest build is 3.2.1 and Deno pls update your repo build Posted Image I got an error because your builds aren't 3.2.1 (Picture)

Beeeeeeeeeeep :P


#219

Khalamov

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

View Postdenoflions, on 03 December 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

Update: I've submitted a pull request to the BC team that fixes the crash.

I also made a patch that will temporarily fix the problem until the pull request can be evaluated.

The pipes won't look like they are moving much liquid at all with the patch... but they actually are working correctly. Rendering is honestly Greek to me so I just got it to stop crashing.

Edit: Pull request was accepted. If you're using BC builds off my distro any build #19 and newer have the problem fixed.

So if I understand this correct, we can use your BC build 3.1.0.19 for now but eventually next official BC update have the (liq.getTanks(ForgeDirection.UNKNOWN) changes incorporated, right? And I assume your 3.1.0.19 is just a modded version of BC 3.2.1, correct? I just want to make sure nothing else will break if I swap over my version of Buildcraft.

(Fantastic response speed, btw. Kudos to your skill and diligence!)

View PostLfty, on 03 December 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

Yes, newest build is 3.2.1 and Deno pls update your repo build Posted Image I got an error because your builds aren't 3.2.1 (Picture)

Doh! I guess that answers my question about version numbers.

#220

denoflions
    denoflions

    Obsidian Miner

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

View Postharley9699, on 03 December 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

But, isn't BC already 3.2.1? I'm all cornfused.

Mine should be whatever is currently on BC's repo. The version number on the file might not line up because I forget to update it.

View PostLfty, on 03 December 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

Yes, newest build is 3.2.1 and Deno pls update your repo build Posted Image I got an error because your builds aren't 3.2.1 (Picture)

I think BC reads the file name or something. I'll go change it.

View PostKhalamov, on 03 December 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

So if I understand this correct, we can use your BC build 3.1.0.19 for now but eventually next official BC update have the (liq.getTanks(ForgeDirection.UNKNOWN) changes incorporated, right? And I assume your 3.1.0.19 is just a modded version of BC 3.2.1, correct? I just want to make sure nothing else will break if I swap over my version of Buildcraft.

(Fantastic response speed, btw. Kudos to your skill and diligence!)

Doh! I guess that answers my question about version numbers.

My BC builds are just clones of the current BC code. BC gets its version number from the file name, so I just need to go change that real quick. Any modifications I make tend to be in the form of patches. Yes when there is a new official build the fix will be implemented in it.

Edit: I fixed the version error. Go grab #20 Lfty. I also changed the file name format since Forge has the Minecraft version in it these days.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.