Latest News Article

[SURV] OceanBlock Survival 4.1

survival villagers nether redstone español

• Please log in to reply
1204 replies to this topic

5thHorseman
  • Minecraft: 5thHorseman

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

While this map is no longer being actively updated, others have taken the reins to update the map to add things only available in new versions past 1.5. See the bottom of this post for links!

No lava.

No stone.

Just you, some trees, and a couple friends.

Skyblock is a wonderful map, but this is NOT Skyblock, and is nothing like it. Play it for 20 minutes and you'll see.

CHANGELOG:
4.0 Initial release. You can pretty much make, breed, grow, spawn, or trade for everything in the game, eventually. If you're smart :)
4.1 Incremental Update to Minecraft 1.5. Added Quartz and more Soul Sand. Put most starting items in a chest. Increased biome sizes and replaced the Desert with a Mushroom biome. Modified the challenges to be much easier to mark completed. Moved the spawn point so slimes are easier to get. NOTE: This does not seem to have taken. I'll fix it again in 4.2, but for now follow the below instructions.
TO FIX SLIME SPAWNING:
Spoiler:

KNOWN BUGS:
  • Slimes (and sometimes passive mobs) won't spawn. Run the above fix if this occurs on your map. This will be fixed when I update to 4.2.
  • Zombie Pigmen sometimes won't spawn, or will spawn but only in very small numbers. Run the below fix for this. This will be fixed when I update to 4.2.

TO FIX ZOMBIE PIGMAN SPAWNING:
Spoiler:

Normal Mode:
ADFLY LINK: OceanBlock 4.1
DIRECT LINK: OceanBlock 4.1

Hardcore Mode:
ADFLY LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 Hardcore
DIRECT LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 Hardcore

Version En Español (Thanks to MsFenixWolf):
ADFLY LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 En Español
MEDIAFIRE LINK: OceanBlock 4.1 En Español

Multiplayer server! (Thanks to BritishCommando2 for setting up and running this):
URL: oceanblock.us
Just paste that into Minecraft and head on over!
Alternate urls: oceanblock.me oceanblock.co oceanblock.in oceanblock.org
Once connected hit T, then type /server Oceanblock
Then read all the signs for what to do next!

Rules:
Spoiler:

Notes:
Spoiler:

Challenges:
Spoiler:

FAQ:
Spoiler:

Spawn Island
Posted Image

The Nether
Posted Image

The Emergency Cache
Posted Image

Others' Maps:
OceanBlock 5.0 by Slytherite - Includes spawn fixes (both for players and monsters), the new Flower Forest biome, and the new tree types!
Posted Image
Did you know I write Science Fiction? Well I do. Check it out at http://planetretcon.com/books/

Register or log in to remove.

DarkWalker

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Seems like the link is broken. I'm getting an error 404 from both the AdFly and the direct link.

5thHorseman

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostDarkWalker, on 26 October 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Seems like the link is broken. I'm getting an error 404 from both the AdFly and the direct link.

Oops! I'm updating the links now, but here's the direct link:
http://planetretcon....anBlock_4.0.zip

And here's the Adfly link:
http://adf.ly/E2s7N

UPDATE: Everything should be correct now.
Posted Image
Did you know I write Science Fiction? Well I do. Check it out at http://planetretcon.com/books/

Zodsmar
    Zodsmar

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Cool map I like how you have every single tree there in one small island nice idea Posted Image
Posted Image

DarkWalker

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, starting on it now :)
(though I'm not going to do so without mods. As soon as I get a full stack of each kind of sappling, plus a good food supply, I'm turning on TreeCapitator. It's not like it will make any difference afterwards anyway.)

BlooNudel

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

gonna make an LP. will upload tomorrow :D my youtube is the same as my name.

Tommy59375
  • Minecraft: Tommy59375

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Dang it! Not first :(  Also, do you still not belive me that having a building at a higher coordinate affects growth times, spawn rates, etc?  Check out JL2579's video on the spawning of mobs, "Advanced tutorial - How to build efficient mobfarms in minecraft" for the evidence!
Posted Image

ENDER90
    ENDER90

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'm wondering am I the only one that has problems with these aweful zombie pigmen! They constantly spawn in my world and if I attack some in the Nether when I get back to the Overworld the ones that are there are angry. And furthermore when they kill me they become invisible! Mojang pls fix your code Posted Image It's a huge bug for me

pourquoijepeuxpas

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Very cool, i like it!

5thHorseman

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostTommy59375, on 26 October 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Dang it! Not first :(  Also, do you still not belive me that having a building at a higher coordinate affects growth times, spawn rates, etc?  Check out JL2579's video on the spawning of mobs, "Advanced tutorial - How to build efficient mobfarms in minecraft" for the evidence!

It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't think it affects this particular map as much as a normal game.

I removed the bedrock so - if you really want - you can go up and remove the dispensers. I even say in the book included with the map that it's okay to do that.
Posted Image

SpyguyTheGreat

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

how do you get to the emergency cache?

5thHorseman

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostSpyguyTheGreat, on 27 October 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

how do you get to the emergency cache?

Get about 200 blocks of something. I like sand.
Look down.
Jump, and place a block under your feet.
Repeat step 3 199 more times.

Oh, and bring some food because all that jumping will eradicate your hunger bar.
Posted Image

TonyRockWalker

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Originality people, originality... please!!!
"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." -Tyler Durden

grandma66

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I abandon 1.3 for your new map. I am so much more organized this time.  Its just so hard deciding what is the most important thing to do first.  I was very excited when a zombie dropped a potato. My biggest disappointment is that I only get one jungle tree at a time and they are often short but at least I am getting one each time.  I never made it to the nether in 1.3 so hopefully I will gird up my courage for this new map. Oh and btw my ocean floor mining is so much better this time.
Love your map

I just noticed that I am the first one to follow this topic, that makes me your biggest fan

UltraHardcore
  • Minecraft: danielsherba1

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Best Survival map I have played so far, better than Skyblock! In this you can actually get every single block in the game and actually build really awesome structures! I am doin an LP on this and sent you a private message! If anyone else is reading my message and wants to check out my channel and the Ocean Block LP go here http://www.youtube.c...ser/PixelyCraft
Thank you for reading.

5thHorseman

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

View Postgrandma66, on 27 October 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

I abandon 1.3 for your new map. I am so much more organized this time.  Its just so hard deciding what is the most important thing to do first.  I was very excited when a zombie dropped a potato. My biggest disappointment is that I only get one jungle tree at a time and they are often short but at least I am getting one each time.  I never made it to the nether in 1.3 so hopefully I will gird up my courage for this new map. Oh and btw my ocean floor mining is so much better this time.
Love your map

I just noticed that I am the first one to follow this topic, that makes me your biggest fan
Comments like this keep me going. Thank you so much!

View PostUltraHardcore, on 29 October 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

Best Survival map I have played so far, better than Skyblock! In this you can actually get every single block in the game and actually build really awesome structures! I am doin an LP on this and sent you a private message! If anyone else is reading my message and wants to check out my channel and the Ocean Block LP go here http://www.youtube.c...ser/PixelyCraft
Thank you for reading.
I've been watching - and liking - your videos! I actually was going to ask how you recovered when that creeper blew up in episode 5. It looked like he killed your villagers. Did you restore from a backup, and if so did you then rebuild that area that is going to be your village, or are you like making backups continually? If so, I'd love to hear how you're doing it because man, I hate it when a creeper screws up my work :)

For the record if you put "oceanblock" in the title of your video and it's in English(and it's actually about this map), I *will* watch it, subscribe to you, and like the video. Usually all within a few hours of you posting it. If you don't speak English, I'll still click "Like" but I won't watch or subscribe. Sorry, but I have to keep my subscriptions list workable and I just can't watch what I don't understand.
Posted Image

UltraHardcore
  • Minecraft: danielsherba1

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

It is titled Minecraft - Ocean Block [Ep #] and I do speak english
once again here you go for my channel and the lp (doing 4.0 when done 3.0)
http://www.youtube.c...ser/pixelycraft

And for the creeper @ episode 5, I actually got spawn eggs from creative and rebuilt anything we lost in creative. In 4.0 we will not cheat so don't worry :P just didn't feel like rebuilding it :\

TheLinkan

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Have you used the new custom generation system for this map, so there is no mainland at all?

5thHorseman

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostTheLinkan, on 01 November 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Have you used the new custom generation system for this map, so there is no mainland at all?

I have! And the Nether is boxed in in Bedrock (it works thematically because the nether is enclosed top-to-bottom, so enclosing it north/south/east/west is okay. Or so I tell myself)

The overworld you downloaded is literally 4 chunks, or 32x32 meters wide. No need to ever leave that boundary unless you need more of something you can find in excess nearby, or (obviously) to make your island larger.
Posted Image

Jonihannes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Going to test it right now!
It seems to be really cool...