Multiplayer Profiles was created for the simplicity of organizing your server lists by simply copying and pasting my hosted website link after installing this mod.
The purpose of the mod was attended for server owners who have multiple server listings for their users simply manage all the servers within a link and host it themselves, but realized this would probably take more resources of more bandwidth usage than intended and don’t want server owners who may support our mod to upgrade their bandwidth package in order for their users to use our mod. Therefore, I don’t mind supporting the mod and providing the bandwidth usage. Possibly, new features coming soon for server owners.
What types of servers can use this mod?
Main target audience is for servers owners who have multiple servers and can easily cause un-organized server listings in the regular multiplayer menu.
- Anyone - You can easily create your own profiles. Click here!
- Hunger Games / Survival Games
- Any PVP/PVE
- Minecraft Team Fortress 2
- Simply multiple vanilla and/or bukkit servers (Servers who have special servers setup for that specific category.
I’m hosting the server listings, basically it’s an API coded system that pulls the data and decodes from the website. (Using: JSON) All you have to do as a mod user is download and install into your jar or use a Magic Launcher.
- Adding Profiles
- Click on: Profiles
- Click on: Add Profile
- Add Profile
- Type: Profile Name
- Copy and Paste: Hosted Link(s)
- You are able to hide address.
- Click: Done
- Type: Profile Name
- Click on: Profiles
I played on Minecraft Survival Games before it’s inception and I noticed I was adding all the servers or using one server and just editing the IP to connect to MCSG. Also noticed users creating server.dat files just to download the listings, I felt this wasn’t necessary and I’m a web developer by trade and creating my own API using PHP is what I know what to do. Therefore since I prefer using JSON for most decoding it. I needed a client-side mod in order to decode the json file. The idea is to pull data from a website, but also felt that this shouldn’t just be intended for MCSG only, I wanted it to whomever wanted to support it.
Only issue I had was I don’t code in java, so I talked to my friend jrtc27 and told him my idea and investigated and proceeded of creating “Multiplayer Profiles”.
You can follow jrtc27 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jrtc27
You can add individual links and/or all profiles link of the Multiplayer Profiles in the main area. Including anyone who creates their own custom based profiles.
Links to forum threads where I've posted my mod:
Install Minecraft Forge:
- Download Forge: http://files.minecraftforge.net/ - Recommended and choose: Installer.
- Run the JAR and choose "Client" and click install after this has been completed close out the installer.
- Load the Minecraft Launcher and select the 1.7.2 profile with Forge in order to launch Forge and click play.
- Once Minecraft has successfully loaded without any mods then you may proceed by placing the Multiplayer Profiles JAR inside your mods directory where your Minecraft is stored.
- If you already have the Forge installed you don't need do launch this again, just proceed by loading in the mod. (Libraries have to be created for Forge.)
jrtc27 has done it now! It's now official, Forge is now supported!
Do you own one of these servers? or something similar? and would like to host your own Mutliplayer Profiles listings? You'll need one of these examples;
Public Servers Example(s):
Listings Script for All Profiles
Since this is a new Mod and servers haven't begun creating public server lists, I've created one for popular known Minecraft Servers!
Sever Listings: Hosted by me!
Network Supported Servers
Multiple Server Networks
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.7.2-R2 - Updated for 1.7.2 - Fixed motd to display on multiple lines. - Fixed ping being a bit slow. 1.6.4-R1 - Updated for 1.6.4 - Updated server listings. 1.6.2-R1 - Updated for 1.6.2 1.5.2-R1 - Updated for 1.5.2 1.5.1-R1 - Updated for 1.5.1 - Fixed: Bug with Forge and Minecraft Realms not showing up. 1.4.6-R1 - Updated for 1.4.6 1.4.5-R1 - Fixed Version on menu, Said 1.4.4 - Now says 1.4.5 (You don't have to update old version still works.) 1.4.4-1.4.5-R1 - Compatible with Minecraft 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 1.4.2-R3 - Added Support for Multiplayer Sub Profiles. 1.4.2-R2 - Fixed ??? on Server Listings and showing version number. Issue: http://imgwiz.com/esp Fixed: http://imgwiz.com/esS