Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Biggest castle/town in minecraft beta history (uncompleted)


  • Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

i am gonna build the biggest castle in minecraft beta history (in single player)
according to the blueprints i made when it is done it will be 8,893,800 by 8,893,800
it height is uncertain but the city wall's tallest tower will be 46 blocks high
i'm planning on making the castle hit the height limit.
it will have 9 districts with the center district being where the castle is.
i have no idea how long it will take to finish this
i'm using mc edit to make a large flatgrass
Posted Image
splash page by Ellenrules. it's so awesome.

EDIT: since 9mil by 9mil would take 25million years(approximately) just to do the walls it is being rescaled to somewhere in between
10,000 by 10,000 to 20,000 by 20,000.
it will be scaled up if it gets complete before end of beta

up to date screen shots will be added at a time in the near future
(the topograph is current)

FINAL EDIT: recently i went back into minecraft to work on this, my computer suffered a near fatal error that required a week of fixing and long story short the level data is gone forever.


Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Tootles
    Tootles

    Stone Miner

  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

If you're wondering why so many people have viewed this, but not replied. It's because they all came here to see the "Biggest castle/town in minecraft beta history", and they got a small ugly block of words.

Not trying to put you or your project down, but talk is cheap. On the internet it's so cheap, it's usually all you get.

#3

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:14 AM

Tootles said:

If you're wondering why so many people have viewed this, but not replied. It's because they all came here to see the "Biggest castle/town in minecraft beta history", and they got a small ugly block of words.

Not trying to put you or your project down, but talk is cheap. On the internet it's so cheap, it's usually all you get.
i post my days progress after i am done working on it for the day i'll probably be putting another 2 hours into it so pictures will be up at 10 or 11 est since i'm taking a break right now

#4

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

i will be doing more work on it but here is my progress so far
http://img98.imagesh...10203193359.png
http://img31.imagesh...10203193218.png
http://img705.images...10203193146.png
currently working on interior of the wall and 2 towers
(never uploaded picture on the forums before so i'm not sure if it worked but there should be 3 images)

#5

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

i'm gonna try to learn how to upload pics now

#6

yacobg42
    yacobg42

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

Epishred said:

i am gonna build the biggest castle in minecraft beta history (in single player)
according to the blueprints i made when it is done it will be 8,893,800 by 8,893,800
it height is uncertain but the city wall's tallest tower will be 46 blocks high
i'm planning on making the castle hit the height limit.
it will have 9 districts with the center district being where the castle is.
i have no idea how long it will take to finish this
i started planning 3 days ago and started building yesterday
i'm using mc edit to make a large flatgrass
I'm sorry did those blueprints say 8 million? million? I certainly hope not, because it would take years to walk that far. Sorry if I'm wrong

#7

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

yacobg42 said:

Epishred said:

i am gonna build the biggest castle in minecraft beta history (in single player)
according to the blueprints i made when it is done it will be 8,893,800 by 8,893,800
it height is uncertain but the city wall's tallest tower will be 46 blocks high
i'm planning on making the castle hit the height limit.
it will have 9 districts with the center district being where the castle is.
i have no idea how long it will take to finish this
i started planning 3 days ago and started building yesterday
i'm using mc edit to make a large flatgrass
I'm sorry did those blueprints say 8 million? million? I certainly hope not, because it would take years to walk that far. Sorry if I'm wrong
i'm shocked that you'd say 8 million. it's almost 9 million.
and yes. as the title of this says. biggest in beta history. although it's just starting out it will be epic when it's finished. i might copy the world and turn it into a server so people can explore it, after it's done.

#8

p0rtalplayer

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:16 AM

are you hacking in the materials (please say no, please say no...)

and you should probably put those pics in the OP, along with some better formatted text, so people will actually pay attention to the thread.
Posted Image

#9

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

working on the spiral stair case in the smaller tower

Posted Image

#10

l4d2bob
    l4d2bob

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 338 posts
  • Location: Seattle
  • Minecraft: l4d2bob

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

Tootles said:

If you're wondering why so many people have viewed this, but not replied. It's because they all came here to see the "Biggest castle/town in minecraft beta history", and they got a small ugly block of words.

Not trying to put you or your project down, but talk is cheap. On the internet it's so cheap, it's usually all you get.

He can just hack the castle. Lool.

#11

xWoodie
    xWoodie

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 626 posts
  • Location: Where you least expect me....

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

That's gonna be an awesome map once it's finished!

Be a shame if something happened to it.....
:)  :)  :D  :VV:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:

Quote

There's only one way to find out.  We must tie him up and throw him in the lake.  If he lives, he is a whitch.  If he dies, he is human.  MY LOGIC BEATS YOURS.

#12

I Die Too Much :(

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

Epishred said:

working on the spiral stair case in the smaller tower

Posted Image

Fix'd.
Creator of Heropine. ™

I report threads like nobodies business <3


Reports filed: 373                <3



Times sigged: 14


#13

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

less than 1% complete :Notch:
Posted Image

#14

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

Posted Image

#15

Bloodjack

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

need inspiration ?
viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=146187
Besoin d'aide en français? Envoie moi un MP.
Glimmar's Steampunk texture pack.
Posted Image  Posted Image

#16

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

Posted Image

more updates to come :)

#17

I Die Too Much :(

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:24 AM

Use the [SIMG] tags, so we can actually see the picture.
Creator of Heropine. ™

I report threads like nobodies business <3


Reports filed: 373                <3



Times sigged: 14


#18

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

Bloodjack said:


thanks

#19

Epishred
  • Minecraft: DeadReaper

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

Quote

Use the [SIMG] tags, so we can actually see the picture.
i will do a test of that right now

#20

Crory
    Crory

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 529 posts
  • Location: Huntington Beach
  • Minecraft: Perine

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

Talk is cheap on the internet. 9 million blocks long will take months, maybe even a year, unless you work on it around the clock. I choose not to believe that you will even accomplish half, maybe a quarter of this.