• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Improving Crafting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Numuruzero

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:17 PM

So, I started getting a little bored with the crafting. You have to arrange everything and it takes a while to get how much you want. But now I've come up with an idea:

Whenever you craft something for the first time, have a button pop up whenever you're using the crafting table that has the "blueprints" for it. It could be a list or whatever you want. So if you crafted sticks before, you could just hit the "sticks" button and you would automatically craft some sticks, assuming you had the necessary ingredients in your inventory. That would make crafting things like ladders that much easier.

I submit this idea for your approval.
I will travel,
across the land;
searching far and wide!
These Pok- OH CRAP A MOB

Register or log in to remove.

joey kendo

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

just so you know, you can stack items in the crafting.  10 wood blocks can go
into 5 batches of sticks at once.  you just need to pick up all the sticks from the table.
hello is this joey kendo?
No, THIS IS PATRICK

Numuruzero

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

Well that does speed it up, but this would help if you ever forgot the layout, and it also eliminates the drag and dropping each batch.
I will travel,
across the land;
searching far and wide!
These Pok- OH CRAP A MOB

Mystify
    Mystify

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4899 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:25 PM

The point of the current crafting is to eliminate menus for crafting. There are countless tricks you can learn to speed up crafting. It puts in a more natural delay in crafting. Crafting should take time, but it shouldn't need an arbitrary delay to achieve that. The current system works wonderfully for this, its intuitive, reasonably quick, and doesn't need menus.

Poyomon2
    Poyomon2

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

AND, you shouldn't be able to craft stuff INSTANTLY.
Posted Image hachisoftwaremc.dyndns.org:25565