• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

nipie66
    nipie66

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Spawning: This ghostly mob spawns about as rarely as and enderman in the overworld at night, it does not spawn on peacefull or during the day, it would be hostile to you but not other mobs, iron and snow golems would ignore it.

Appearance and size: It is the same hight as a player and has the same basic shape as a zombie including the outstreched arms, it is light grey and slightly transparent, were the bottom of the legs would be it fades away until fully transparent at foot level, its head is that of a skeleton, it releases a small amount of smoke as it hovers along.

Behavior and health:  It has the ability to fly or go through walls, this flying causes it to act as if liquids are solid blocks. If it wants to go some were it simply flies there if it is high up or walk through ostacals in its way such as trees but it can only go through a wall if it is 1 block thick or less (fence, door, , it is invincible to fire damage but is harmed by sunlight none the less. It has 3 hearts of health. they also have mo effect on preassure plates, minecarts, and boats.

Haunting and sounds: When you are looking at it, it tends to act as if it hasn't noticed you but infact it has, the moment you turn away it sneaks up on you and its head becomes a light grey, see-through version of a screaming enderman with black eyes and it makes the enderman scream sound taking off 1 and a half hearts as it does, waits 1 second and turns back into its normal form.  Be cause it is a ghost it can go through you and other mobs aswell as walls, when it does it will cause a temporary blindness effect for the duration of it being in you and 1 second afterwards, it also has a strange effect on mobs, they will stand still and get a sight range of 5 blocks, creepers cancel their explosions, wolves, pigmen and endermen stop being angry and drop any blocks they are holding. Upon killing one you get 0-1 soul and crafting 4 souls on all sides of a block of sand creates 1 soul sand. The sounds it makes are the ambient sounds often heard near or in dark places to make it incredibly spooky.

Possession: It has the power to posses one hostile mob, one neutral and one passive, a possessed mob has white eyes and lighter skin. Possessed Zombies run extra fast, your walking speed and this helps them to attack you, a possessed wolf gains extra strength and will attack you like a hostile one taking off much more health, a possessed cow can jump a block and a half in the air allowing it to escape farms with fences and will charge at you with its head down, upon hitting you it does half a heart of damage and sends you flying a block in the air and 5 blocks backwards. When a possessed mob dies by being killed by a mob or player the ghost is destroyed, the mob is turned back normal agian, unharmed and it may drop 0-1 souls, if it is killed by natural causes such as drowning, burning, choking in a block or falling the creature is destroyed and the banshee lives.

A picture of a Banshee (left) and a screaming banshee (right)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Unh3lpful
    Unh3lpful

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2124 posts
  • Minecraft: Unh3lpful

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

That sounds cool. Maybe, if it was like a humaniod bat it would be cooler or if it emited smoke around it's feet along to floor going outwards. Either way, support.

Posted Image

nipie66
    nipie66

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostUnh3lpful, on 23 October 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

That sounds cool. Maybe, if it was like a humaniod bat it would be cooler or if it emited smoke around it's feet along to floor going outwards. Either way, support.
im about to upload the pics so have a look soon
Posted Image

Brinjal66
  • Minecraft: Brinjal66

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

This would really add atmosphere! You could put a banshee spawner in your haunted house custom map for extreme creepiness!
Posted Image

DanSparrow
    DanSparrow

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yeah since the world needs another banshee. Nah, not interestnig, too many already. And it would be like for a halloween patch so even if they added something like this (that they won't) it would be the least next year lol

nipie66
    nipie66

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostBrinjal66, on 23 October 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

This would really add atmosphere! You could put a banshee spawner in your haunted house custom map for extreme creepiness!
cool,  so support then.

View PostDanSparrow, on 23 October 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yeah since the world needs another banshee. Nah, not interestnig, too many already. And it would be like for a halloween patch so even if they added something like this (that they won't) it would be the least next year lol
what do you mean another, ther arn't any currently so how can theyr be too many
Posted Image

cadika_orade
  • Minecraft: cadika_orade

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

This is not a bad idea.

Perhaps a more dangerous/common counterpart exclusive to the Nether?
The Internet is a big place, friend. I've been places you've n͍̺e̩v̦e̦̰͍͓̩ͅr̜̭̝̬̬͉̤̬ ͙ịm̖͇a͍͇̤͙̥g̤̘i͔͖̤̼̪̬n͖͔̳̬̯e̩̘ḓ͈͔̠̙͇̼̯.͎

aranamor
    aranamor

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

I like the idea, but I think it needs a lot of work. Banshees ought to be a bit more in line with their mythological counterparts, being ghostly women of the faerie mounds with a penchant for screaming and killing you dead for disturbing their resting places. Give them a barrow to spawn near or let them roam the countryside, and have them deal damage with a horrible scream. Other than that, I like it.

Posted Image

TheCreeper01
  • Minecraft: loljakelol

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I really like the idea! This would make the game a bit scary, as to be honest, creepers sneaking up on you is not scary!
Posted Image

Dwarvenhero81

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

I Would Suggest the Banshee having a Black Robe over it.
not sure why  but it feels right,
Support 1+
Are you planning to make suggestion? check the search bar first.

nipie66
    nipie66

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

View Postcadika_orade, on 23 October 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

This is not a bad idea.

Perhaps a more dangerous/common counterpart exclusive to the Nether?
yes well, that could be the gahst or it could be a blood red version with a wither skeleton skull that spreads fire were it walks and rides gahsts making them spit a ricochet of 5 fire charges rather than one and also giving it better aim which can have a blaze head and make the metalic scraping noise of a blaze, now which would be cooler...
Posted Image

nipie66
    nipie66

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostDwarvenhero81, on 23 October 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

I Would Suggest the Banshee having a Black Robe over it.
not sure why  but it feels right,
Support 1+
not sure, it is a gohst that goes through walls so how could it support a robe, no offence intended cos its a nice idea
Posted Image

Unther
    Unther

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2071 posts
  • Minecraft: iByro

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

This would be better for a mod and not for the actual game.

View Postnipie66, on 24 October 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

not sure, it is a gohst that goes through walls so how could it support a robe, no offence intended cos its a nice idea

Through wall huh? That would ruin Minecraft for a TON of people.

clayxros
  • Minecraft: clayxros

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostSedrioX, on 24 October 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

This would be better for a mod and not for the actual game.

Through wall huh? That would ruin Minecraft for a TON of people.

You do of course know that an Enderman can do that? And anyway, this thing is WAY scarier than an Enderman. Why didn't Notch think of this as a "scary" mob?

"We only really exist when someone looks at you, and they see someone. That is the moment you really begin to exist."

Posted Image

johnyIsAwesome

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

not bad. i wouldnt like it possesing mobs and walking through walls would be very glitchy. other than that, its pretty sweet. :)

Posted Image

MetalPheonix
  • Minecraft: kidicarusfan

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

sounds creepy maybye hard mode only? I dont think kids want screaminng ghosts in their easy mode world

Hallojumbo

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Really cool idea. Only needs some more thought and brainstorming on it.

- There must be a way to protect you from it. Don't know if you mentioned it in OP (''liquids act as solids?) but water/lava walls would do the deffensive trick. Or that they would ghost themselves away when they see.. Well I dunno, a pig or a fish. Could be anything
- DROPS?? Other than souls? Or a different use of souls?? Soulsand sucks to create in that way. Not cool
- EXP??
- Spawn in dark at day or not? (dark rooms when daytime)
- Would be awesome when ghosting through libraries; either selve-mades or stronghold ones. Would rly be AWESOME to see ghosts spook though those and see 'em disappear.
- Probably? the ghost should be extra rare and affraid of you. Ghosthunting. Or maybe one type of it would scare away and the other scare YOU away. I think the drop must be rare and cool, like.. Well, potion of BEINGABLETOGOTHROUGHWALLSFOR10SECONDS??? Or that you would scare any enemy mod away for 2 mins?

Okay do whatever you wanna do with my ideas. Goodnight
If you ain't Dutch you ain't much

Deuxtan
    Deuxtan

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Minecraft: Deuxtan

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

The possessing is the best part of that idea. It would be awesome if the banshee would try to hide and escape, while sending possessed monsters to you. You would have to follow the screams to catch her.

kude42
    kude42

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • Minecraft: Kude42

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Truthfully, I did not read much into your idea. I skimmed a little, and I'm sure that it's a great idea, but I have a different reason for not supporting. Mojang just added (is just adding) FOUR new mobs. We really don't need another mob. Sorry. Hell, we didn't need the four new mobs either.

jajoe802

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostUnh3lpful, on 23 October 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

Agree with smoke