5 replies to this topic

pkeffect
    pkeffect

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Minecraft: pkeffect

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

A new line is generated for the 1.4 server.properties file.
  • generator-settings=
I assume this is because of the new addition in single player world generation options for Superflat. Or maybe a feature to come down the road but making a premature appearence? As of now neither the http://www.minecraft...rver_properties or any place else on the net has any information regarding this new option. Trust me I exhuasted Google.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?
"We exist in a multidimensional polymorphic hyerspacial internode of neurotranslinguistic manifestations subjugated by hyperbolic quantum entanglement." -- pkeffect

Register or log in to remove.

Pulse_Daemon
  • Minecraft: Pulse Daemon

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

My guess is that it can be used to generate specific structures in a world, such as strongholds. But that's only speculation.

NaveTVG
    NaveTVG

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: naveTVG

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

With 1.4 the new custom superflat generator was introduced. You could create a code that would tell the game how to generate the world. Things like ' layer 1 is bedrock, layer 2-50 is stone, layer 51 is grass, layer 52 is diamond blocks - all of it the plains biome and with villages'. There is an actual code to do it. Either way, if you go into single player, then select 'Superflat', a box should pop up saying 'customize'. There are some pre-entered codes you can put in, or type your own. Just copy the code over to the server.properties, and there you go. Hoped this helped... a little...
If I did something you thought was cool, or you're just feeling nice, click the little green arrow. Thanks.

theangrytomato
  • Minecraft: theangrytomato

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

View PostNaveTheVideoGamer, on 21 October 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

With 1.4 the new custom superflat generator was introduced. You could create a code that would tell the game how to generate the world. Things like ' layer 1 is bedrock, layer 2-50 is stone, layer 51 is grass, layer 52 is diamond blocks - all of it the plains biome and with villages'. There is an actual code to do it. Either way, if you go into single player, then select 'Superflat', a box should pop up saying 'customize'. There are some pre-entered codes you can put in, or type your own. Just copy the code over to the server.properties, and there you go. Hoped this helped... a little...
Correct!

McMacker4

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

that didn't work for me, any help?

jimbo3182
  • Minecraft: jimbo3182

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

maybe put a plugin's name in there to generate a world from that plugin