• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

* * * * - 6 votes

New Server List Feature Goes Live Today!

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Sacheverell

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Searching for servers is always an adventure - head over to the Servers section, and scan down the threads until you see a server that jumps out at you.  Maybe you do a search, with specific terms like "spleef", "hunger games", or "paintball".  Sometimes, you find what you're after, and sometimes you don't.  Sometimes, you want to browse servers with a lot of detailed information, including the server rules, history, staff, themes and more - but, what if you just wanted to browse a short, easy-to-use list?

Well, now you can!

Today, we have launched a brand new Server searching tool, for all your server needs!  Using it is easy - you can set parameters like name, available slots, country, whether or not the server is actively online at the time of search, the maximum number of players, and much more!

Want to give this new server tool a try?  Of course you do!  Click the link below, and find a new server today!  Remember, to use the "Join" feature, you have to use the Curse Client, which you can get by clicking here.  Enjoy!

Server List Tool:  Click here!

Register or log in to remove.

Bradman5000
  • Minecraft: Bradman5000

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

I could totally use this. I usually don't find what I need on the server list etc. I could use this.

P.S shouldnt this be in the server section?

Shawn_Vudoo

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

This is very handy, especially listing the type of server. It would be cool if you could add favorites.
Posted Image
I am a representative of VudooHosting.

foreverblu
  • Minecraft: foreverblu

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

3rd to comment...lol 6 minutes from when it was posted :P
Posted Image <-------Help this poor little hatchling and watch it grow! It needs you :) Just1 Click on the picture would help a lot~~!!! THX!

Yusunoha
    Yusunoha

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

what I always wanted was an option to find modded servers, but the only option I see for this is Tekkit, which isn't exactly my favourite modpack. is it possible to add an server type for modded, with an option to add modnames to find servers with those mods?

MatthewsGames

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Perfect!

Next time I need a server of any type, BAM! I am presented with many servers and I can choose whichever I want.

Thanks so much, Curse.
Posted Image

fmine_77
  • Minecraft: flo_77

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

This is awesome! That starts exactly when I am building a server. But I have some questions:
1. Are we allowed to add a server which isn't public to this time? (Yeah, mine is going to be public in about 1 mounth, and I want to reserve the server name)
2. Is this also for not english server?
My adventuremap Sky fortress: Link
Sorry, if my englisch is bad. It is not my native language.

Lollipopz
  • Minecraft: 3TP3

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Sounds pretty nice.

Posted Image Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but heres my picture, so click me maybe?

ChronoFury
    ChronoFury

Retired Pony

• Retired Staff
  • 1463 posts
  • Minecraft: DireChrono

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for implementing this nifty feature! I've always wanted to browse through the servers on the Minecraft Forums searching for the type and kind of servers that I want to play on. :)

TNT-UP
    TNT-UP

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 361 posts
  • Minecraft: TNTUP

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Nice for this neat feature, but theres a thing I would suggest, My server is SMP/Creative, but I can't find that option in the dropdown menu so I selected "Custom". Can you look at it? Looks like "Hybrid server" right?

Posted Image Posted Image

Clicky images <3 Main site is tntup.me, second is s.rightawake.com. Theres just minecraft stuff in it! Woot.

Granny
    Granny

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

What's with the claim feature?  I put the token in my motd hours ago and it still keeps saying that I need to do that.  Am I derping it up? :)

MCSqwirrelz
  • Minecraft: MCSqwirrelz

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

View Postforeverblu, on 20 October 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

3rd to comment...lol 6 minutes from when it was posted Posted Image

no one cares. stop wasting hard drive space with your useless comments

TNT-UP
    TNT-UP

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 361 posts
  • Minecraft: TNTUP

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Curse Client crashing for listing out servers database! It says unzipping server database.... poof crash! I can't search up my own server to see if its visible. Ya can fix it please?

View PostGranny, on 20 October 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

What's with the claim feature?  I put the token in my motd hours ago and it still keeps saying that I need to do that.  Am I derping it up? Posted Image

Uhm you need to put the token generated in the server.properties and give it some minutes, mine taken 5 minutes or less. I removed it and changed it back to my server motd. Hope it helps you :) You need to restart server for accepting changes

Posted Image Posted Image

Clicky images <3 Main site is tntup.me, second is s.rightawake.com. Theres just minecraft stuff in it! Woot.

citricsquid
  • Minecraft: citricsquid
  • Xbox:citricsquid

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostGranny, on 20 October 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

What's with the claim feature?  I put the token in my motd hours ago and it still keeps saying that I need to do that.  Am I derping it up? :)

Can you link to the server? If you provide your curse.com username I can manually assign the server to you.

Granny
    Granny

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

View Postcitricsquid, on 20 October 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Can you link to the server? If you provide your curse.com username I can manually assign the server to you.

I PM'd you.  I hope that was ok :)

Thanks.

user_883549

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

I have added the token in server.properties like...
motd=MyServerName THE-CLAIM-TOKEN.

I restarted the server, and the token is in the motd for 20 min. now, but still not verified.

Is this how it works, or did i do something wrong?

citricsquid
  • Minecraft: citricsquid
  • Xbox:citricsquid

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postuser_883549, on 20 October 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I have added the token in server.properties like...
motd=MyServerName THE-CLAIM-TOKEN.

I restarted the server, and the token is in the motd for 20 min. now, but still not verified.

Is this how it works, or did i do something wrong?

Please can you link me to your server listing on the site and I'll check it out for you :)

user_883549

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postcitricsquid, on 20 October 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Please can you link me to your server listing on the site and I'll check it out for you Posted Image

I have send you a message with the link

Thanks,

Kyron
    Kyron

Crayon Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 865 posts
  • Minecraft: KyronP

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostAnkenmann2, on 20 October 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

Ugh, stop trying to ram the Curse Client down our throats.
You only need to have the Curse Client to use the join button.  ( I think it is virtually impossible to have the join button work for your normal Minecraft client) It's just a nifty new way of showing servers where the information is more easy to find and people can search for a server type.

"La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme. Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux."

Admiral_AnimE
  • Minecraft: AdmiralAnimE

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

1. The search options are too limited.
2. The IP shown in the server is not what i typed (DNS), but the real IP. What if my IP is dynamic?
3. The ping shown in the server is from where? US west? Not fair at all for a lot of the servers.
4. You can add more details for the server, like uptime, whitelist, pvp...
Posted Image