Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.2/1.5.2/1.5.1][SSP/SMP] ENCHANTING PLUS [v1.16/v1.15/v1.14]

1.6.2 1.5.1 ssp smp forge enchanting

• Please log in to reply
1771 replies to this topic

Withersting

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Only reason I haven't upgraded to MC 1.4.5 is because this mod is not updated yet. I just CANNOT stand the stupid vanilla enchanting system.

I do have a suggestion: Is it possible to make it so the table only needs 15 bookcases (like the vanilla setup) instead of 32 for the enchantment cost max discount? As it is, it's the only drawback I see to the mod, that I either have to find a few villages to steal the books or spend a lot of time breeding cows or hunting for wild ones because of the need for leather to make books nowadays...
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Karasu_13

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

I agree with the "paying" for enchantments with items. You could have it like this:If you don't give the enchantment table emeralds , it will give you random enchantments.If you do, you get to choose them yourself Posted Image
Also - Y U NO UPDATE YET???
(^-^) Ohai!

Freyjadono
  • Minecraft: odininon

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostNitroKitteh, on 22 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

I agree with the "paying" for enchantments with items. You could have it like this:If you don't give the enchantment table emeralds , it will give you random enchantments.If you do, you get to choose them yourself Posted Image
Also - Y U NO UPDATE YET???

I will figure out a payment system to balance the mod after i update it. I haven't updated yet because i am currently rewriting it trying to get things wrote and worked out better, so that feature updates are easier for me and dont take as long. Also making it easier to add and remove features.
Posted Image
Do not let your eyes deceive you.

yarrmateys

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

i got a suggestion.

when you press the enchant/modify button normally, have the item stay inside the enchantment table, but if you do it while holding shift, have the item auto move to your inventory after being enchanted like it does in the current version.

so that if you enchant/disenchant a lot of items (for example items used for level storage), you could do it quickly by holding shift, clicking the item to auto move it into the table, then lower/raise its level (maybe shift clicking the slider could move it to the extreme, so either empty or full depending from the position?), and shift clicking the modify button to move it back to inventory and repeat with the next item.
[1.7.2]yarrcutemobmodels_1.0.6.zip
remade for forge, with all new models. fixed nbt data not being carried over, which fixes the slime problem for real rather than just disabling it.

requires minecraft forge 10.12.0.1024 recommended build or newer. it won't work on earlier ones.

Stormbow
    Stormbow

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 605 posts
  • Minecraft: Stormbow

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

This requires Forge, doesn't it?  (A shame if it does.  Forge is incompatible with so many mods that I like to use.)
Posted Image

Panpiper
    Panpiper

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostWithersting, on 22 November 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

Only reason I haven't upgraded to MC 1.4.5 is because this mod is not updated yet. I just CANNOT stand the stupid vanilla enchanting system.

I made the very stupid mistake of updating my Minecraft, and now find myself waiting very impatiently for this mod to be updated, so I can finally enchant stuff. I absolutely refuse to play weeks worth of grinding crap shoot just to get an enchanted item 'close' to what I want. I do understand of course that modders are real people who actually have lives and other things to do besides mod, let alone the fact that theirs is largely a thankless world filled with people who simply assume that their efforts are our due. I wish I was more flush so I could make a donation sufficient for Mssodin to take heart, but I am more poverty struck these days than those on welfare (and I work for mine). All I can do is hope that my fervent wishes and thanks from afar are sufficient to spur him on.

xBlackCrack

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Another suggestion
make a portable enchnting table or tablet with the same features but it should be a lot more expencive

Freyjadono

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostPanpiper, on 23 November 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I made the very stupid mistake of updating my Minecraft, and now find myself waiting very impatiently for this mod to be updated, so I can finally enchant stuff. I absolutely refuse to play weeks worth of grinding crap shoot just to get an enchanted item 'close' to what I want. I do understand of course that modders are real people who actually have lives and other things to do besides mod, let alone the fact that theirs is largely a thankless world filled with people who simply assume that their efforts are our due. I wish I was more flush so I could make a donation sufficient for Mssodin to take heart, but I am more poverty struck these days than those on welfare (and I work for mine). All I can do is hope that my fervent wishes and thanks from afar are sufficient to spur him on.

I do understand the pain and what not of waiting for something like this, and it is very humble you would offer to donate to this mod. I am taking a break this weekend for modding due to Holiday and My friends Birthday. Next week i promise to work hard at getting it out to you all.

View PostTodeslord555, on 23 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

ANother suggestion
make a portable enchnting table or tablet with the same features but it should be a lot more expencive

I really like this idea, probably wont see it the next release though, put the release after.

View Postyarrmateys, on 22 November 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

i got a suggestion.

when you press the enchant/modify button normally, have the item stay inside the enchantment table, but if you do it while holding shift, have the item auto move to your inventory after being enchanted like it does in the current version.

so that if you enchant/disenchant a lot of items (for example items used for level storage), you could do it quickly by holding shift, clicking the item to auto move it into the table, then lower/raise its level (maybe shift clicking the slider could move it to the extreme, so either empty or full depending from the position?), and shift clicking the modify button to move it back to inventory and repeat with the next item.

Awesome idea as well :)
Posted Image

AnaxImperator
  • Minecraft: RedGloves

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I foolishly updated my MineCraft, too, and now am waiting for the update. I'm not rushing you, just agreeing with everyone else on this thread, that this mod is pretty much essential to playing the game. Just the ability to repair enchanted items completely changed the nature of the game for me.
Is there a way to donate to modders? If not, there should be, and I would gratefully make a contribution.

Linkus000

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Wery good mod :), now I don't need to use diamonds to repair my diamond tools and armor, the enchanting is also very improved

andromada369

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

I really enjoy this mod and hope it get's updated soon but I can wait if needed.

jingoji
    jingoji

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

can you make it so you can enchant past the default max level so i can make a sword of sharpness 99 or bow of fire aspect 99.

MrSimpleMC
  • Minecraft: MrSimpleMC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Sounds useful :D

FnordMan
    FnordMan

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1119 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

View Postjingoji, on 24 November 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

can you make it so you can enchant past the default max level so i can make a sword of sharpness 99 or bow of fire aspect 99.
Can we say broken and unbalanced as hell? I knew you could..

Freyjadono

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostFnordMan, on 24 November 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Can we say broken and unbalanced as hell? I knew you could..

Well it wouldn't be broken you would just need ~950 levels without bookshelves and 480 with full bookshelves. :P, and no i will not be doing this. If another mod wants to break the enchantment levels they can. My mod will show mods from other mods and what ever they edited.
Posted Image

kdog8936
    kdog8936

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Thanks for all your work! It is a great mod and I thoroughly enjoy using this mod.
The Colosseum Map it's going to be good!

Freyjadono

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

View Postkdog8936, on 25 November 2012 - 04:09 AM, said:

Thanks for all your work! It is a great mod and I thoroughly enjoy using this mod.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.
Posted Image

AwesomeViet54
  • Minecraft: namn8236

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Can this work in multiplayer on a public server? I loved useing this mod in 1.2.5 but all these updates are crazy.

Siejuro
    Siejuro

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Any chance this will be updated to 1.4.5?

Freyjadono

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

View PostAwesomeViet54, on 25 November 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

Can this work in multiplayer on a public server? I loved useing this mod in 1.2.5 but all these updates are crazy.

You can not without the server having it installed as well.

View PostSiejuro, on 25 November 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Any chance this will be updated to 1.4.5?

Please read previous posts, this has been asked and answered multiple times.
Posted Image